UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

First roleplaying experience ruined.

First roleplaying experience ruined.

I finally made an archer with a decent name as to try to put him in the yew militia. i did some pvping so that i could get comfortable with my template then headed through the RP gate. i ran across a tavern where i spoke with simon wormwood and olaf appledore. i inquired how to join the guild and such and made some RP convversation. i ran into some strange tribal people who ran me down so i went back to pvping for a while.

later on, i come back through the RP gate and i went into heladious manor *the house right to the left of where you come out from rp gate* there were two people inside, so i was going to inquire again if the guildmasters were on and such. i couldnt finish typing before i got parad. i left and ran the the militia base, where the same two were. this time there were three and all were blue. while once again trying to inquire about how to join *in rp tongue might i add* i was synced by all three, turning one of them red in the process. (the only one i can remember the name of is morgona, who is red now.)

i gate in a non rp character to get a res because they began to talk shit after i died. they proceed to try and kill that character. so i start casting some blade spirits and drop most of them. *there is 5 or 6 at this point* then out of nowhere the bloodclan orcs show up so i figured they would start fighting each other. boy was i wrong. i get ganked by about 15 various militiamen and orcs. then the orcs walk into the militia house and start chatting with militia men.

at this point i am totally at a loss for words. i dont even know what the hell is going on. once i finally get my rp character ressed, another mililtiaman tries to reskill and another tries to grief by dispelling my gate.

its a lose lose situation. come in speaking RP langauge on RP character, get ganked/killed/griefed. come in speaking RP langauge on Non-RP character, get ganked/killed/griefed. come in on Non-RP character trying to res your RP character and your other Non-RP character, get ganked/killed/griefed.

i would understand maybe if it was the orcs or the savages, but keep in mind these are Yew militiamen doing this. the way these people are acting, its no wonder nobody RP's on this shard.

Re: First roleplaying experience ruined.

I thought the militia was better. Reforming, they said. Apparently they still suck, though. Something other than these few guilds, Yew, Orcs, maybe TCD and UND and the Savages, needs to be brought back.

You can PM me. If you're good at PvP, you'll fit right in with us, though we're far less conventional.

Scat were you that D guy if so sorry i was ordered to kill you .. they kept saying you were a theif and shit then u counted me i knew it was a lie thats bull shit ..

Lintaglen

Wanderer

Hmm... I don't know much about the orcs going there to start a conversation...

I know we raided Yew HQ when about 5-6 Pewbiez were there. It may have looked like we stopped to talk because we were resing the pewbiez, but we wern't do that. We just rezzed them, waited for the Pewbiez to get there stuff, made sure no greefurs were around, regrouped and headed back. It's the same rotation we always do.

If we see a player not in the RP community, we naturally think "Greefur." It's really nothing personal. Just people tend to get cranky when someone comes running in, looting all the bodies, then running off with everyones stuff, and no one does anything about it. So we tend to try and shoo blues off by attacking them, or maybe having a thief run up and steal something.

Barduark

Wanderer

RP'ers will never engage each other with griefers around. At the time that the orcs showed up yew was under attacked and therefore orcs disposed of the problem. The conversation revolved around RP things which lead to Yew engaging the orcs rather then doing as they requested.

War And Peace;1539833 said:
Scat were you that D guy if so sorry i was ordered to kill you .. they kept saying you were a theif and shit then u counted me i knew it was a lie thats bull shit ..

its no problem, my character was blackfist morgan.

Hmm... I don't know much about the orcs going there to start a conversation...

I know we raided Yew HQ when about 5-6 Pewbiez were there. It may have looked like we stopped to talk because we were resing the pewbiez, but we wern't do that. We just rezzed them, waited for the Pewbiez to get there stuff, made sure no greefurs were around, regrouped and headed back. It's the same rotation we always do.

If we see a player not in the RP community, we naturally think "Greefur." It's really nothing personal. Just people tend to get cranky when someone comes running in, looting all the bodies, then running off with everyones stuff, and no one does anything about it. So we tend to try and shoo blues off by attacking them, or maybe having a thief run up and steal something.

i do understand that, but i think this is also what keeps more people from becoming active in the RP community. its like, when people like me come around and get reskilled WE are in turn getting griefed. so both sides are just thinking *wow what a bunch of griefing noobs* thus dividing people even further.

i just want to rp :(

i guess ill have to start my own guild and convert my house on brit beach into an awesome brigand fort. anyone interested?

Ajax

Lord

The Scat Man;1539941 said:
its no problem, my character was blackfist morgan.

ahh sry man i saw you trying to come inside my house yesterday didn't know it was you didn't lift the ban

Aegrotus

Wanderer

I was seriously considering starting a Yew character... Thanks for the post Scat. It is always nice to see an outsider perspective on the various guilds (I have yet to interact with Yew).

Yew isnt all bad i mean were missled by theives and griefers of all kind/ i mean me and nox were duelign once and he died he got all his shit looted off him by a blue i mean thats really y

Torgin.

Sorceror

Its not you per say, were just wary of ANYONE who is not affiliated with a RP guild or is a known RPer . Especially if we are getting attacked. If you want to join, your best bet is to run to the HQ at 9 pm EST. That is when we rally and everyone is on. You won't find officers on during the day usually. Get me names of the people who attacked you and if possible, a screenshot and it will be taken care of. Don't let this one experience dishearten you, there really are some great people in the milita and then there are some who aren't so great.

Icq me at 343659508 if you have any issues with milita.

kishe

Wanderer

If you attack RPers with non-guilded character, you're instantly considered a griefer. So I'd recomment you to join some RP guild.

alphalegend

Wanderer

Let me clear things up. Thew yew militia has not turned griefer or anythang like that. We are pure RP in game, period. If you actually see any yew man go OOC in ANY way, please let us know. take a screenshot. and we will deal with the person. We are not bloodthirsy, we dont spend all of our time looking for pks to "gank and lootz". We are always open for recruitment. just ask. if you see something like "lol" or ":)" slip in game, it was prolly some new RPer enlistie that just joined an hour ago. and again, let us know and we will deal with it.

Barduark;1539909 said:
RP'ers will never engage each other with griefers around. At the time that the orcs showed up yew was under attacked and therefore orcs disposed of the problem. The conversation revolved around RP things which lead to Yew engaging the orcs rather then doing as they requested.

OH I see, so what youre sayin is that you guys only RP part time? or when its most coveinient?

Dorks pfft

drealm

Wanderer

Mr.Crowley-=AoD=-;1540511 said:
OH I see, so what youre sayin is that you guys only RP part time? or when its most coveinient?

Dorks pfft

Untill you make the largest guild on the shard and fight unmounted without magery and actually mannage win 50% of the fights don't judge blood clan orcs tactics or small role playing compromises because the closest your ass will ever come to an effective pvp role play guild with these many restrictions is probally some pvm guild in trammel.

Barduark

Wanderer

Mr.Crowley-=AoD=-;1540511 said:

Dorks pfft

I would love to know where you see that I said we only RP part of the time. In the big picture it will always be roleplayers vs others simple as that. If roleplayers go in to have a battle with each other and outsiders come they fight the bigger/common enemy (outsiders).