UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

First roleplaying experience ruined.

Noc

Wanderer
Re: First roleplaying experience ruined.

There are of course many un-learned Yew militia players who are participating in the guild.

We are an institution running 7 years or so, and obviously the system works if we've managed to hang around this long.

Consider yourself, joining, and enlisting. your told a ton of rules at the get-go and general guidelines but you've never roleplayed to save your life. Now your in a world full of hype and scrutiny and your prone to make mistakes; and assumptions about players (which is what we have here....dodging in and out of housing is a visual attempt to avoid getting banned from the premisis...and gives us the assumption your not there to be friendly.)

I'm the guy that tells you "Dont do this dont do that, remmeber this next time" and send you on your way. We are a good guild to open with for new roleplayers, however that comes with a price- we get plenty of bad press when new member make mistakes.

I however understand the nature of the RP newb, and we accomdate this by smacking them on the wrist and teaching them.

Try and do it with a bit more gutso and maturity on your next round, if there is one. Running in and out of someone's house is not a very smart way to say hello.

The proper wasy to enlist is via our website, after filling out the recruitment form and contacting us...and not randomlying running in and out of someone's house without speaking.

-----yewmilitia.guildportal.com----

drealm;1541883 said:
Untill you make the largest guild on the shard and fight unmounted without magery and actually mannage win 50% of the fights don't judge blood clan orcs tactics or small role playing compromises because the closest your ass will ever come to an effective pvp role play guild with these many restrictions is probally some pvm guild in trammel.

You couldnt pay me to join any RP guild. I have managed to GM a large guild and hold the #1 placing for a year and then bounced between the top 3 in our second year. If we were already fighting a group when another happened to join in...we didnt team up with group #1 to fight group #2, we fought both and walked away from most of them with a tonna loot and great pics.

My point is this...you RP to be enemies until another "enemy" shows up. Thats lame and you cant justify it. Having no mounts or magery is your choice, learning to stand on both feet by yourself with your own rules....thats obviously not working out for ya.

Noc

Wanderer

Mounted pvp'rs/pks/greifers are more a threat than a Yew/Orc battle, from an in character point of view, and an OOC one. Joining up temporarily to kill the one threat that has an advantage, removing the threat, the continuing the original battle, is a perfectly feasible justification.

We have learned to stand on our two feet, and if that involves killing randoms interveneing to ensure a good battle (in OUR minds mind you) it is acceptable.

Mr.Crowley-=AoD=-;1543215 said:
You couldnt pay me to join any RP guild. I have managed to GM a large guild and hold the #1 placing for a year and then bounced between the top 3 in our second year. If we were already fighting a group when another happened to join in...we didnt team up with group #1 to fight group #2, we fought both and walked away from most of them with a tonna loot and great pics.

My point is this...you RP to be enemies until another "enemy" shows up. Thats lame and you cant justify it. Having no mounts or magery is your choice, learning to stand on both feet by yourself with your own rules....thats obviously not working out for ya.

We can easily justify it. When roleplayers are fighting an rp battle and non rpers enter the frey the rp experience is ruined. The way to correct that is to kill/chase away the non rpers.

Ozzy

Sorceror

Bezerkers of yew;1545348 said:
You ul wil bi slaughtered bi the Bezerkers! No one wyl stand en the way!

Hmm... that seems pretty much of topic...

Join the Shadow Knights sir we are a new RP guild to Hybrid and are looking for people eagar to Rp

AIM: Lizardmen1112

he will give you the website so you can learn a little bit more about what we do

Sincerly Ector Bellamore

Ozzy

Sorceror

Mr.Crowley-=AoD=-;1543215 said:

Well Rp is better if you don't wanna hear all that faggish bullshit you hear from everyone, like when you get ganked 5v1 they're like "OMFG you suck you fucking noob go kill yourself bla bla bla", i wouldn't be suprised if you where one of those assholes...

Yew is a wonderful roleplaying guild - the only good aligned one on Hybrid with any history or standing in my eyes.

They host RP events constantly, have great, committed leaders and continually spread RP to other folks on Hybrid. Just like the BloodClan Orcs, it's a great starting point for any gamer interested in roleplaying.

I actually take offense to Yew not being a roleplaying guild. Just stop by the Laughing Skull Tavern some time or get involved. We're constantly roleplaying - and not all "fighting roleplaying" either... talking, making a web of backstories, plots.

It is a large guild, so managing some members can be a issue .. as it can be for all large guilds. There are a few rotten eggs from time to time and a few issues that come up (just bad luck situations) where people get confused or don't know someone is a greifer of theif.

In any case ... anyone, and I do mean anything .. even Reds who enter and stay Civil are welcome to sit and shoot the breeze in the tavern.

I'd arguge anyone to the ground about how the Yew Militia is the best good aligned roleplaying guild out there! Anyone can play a evil chud, running around killing people. And thats fun... but it takes a great roleplayer to have the restraint to play a good character in game fof any ammount of time.

-Simon Wormwood/Pru'Zig

ToadCreaker83;1550141 said:
Yew is a wonderful roleplaying guild - the only good aligned one on Hybrid with any history or standing in my eyes.

They host RP events constantly, have great, committed leaders and continually spread RP to other folks on Hybrid. Just like the BloodClan Orcs, it's a great starting point for any gamer interested in roleplaying.

I actually take offense to Yew not being a roleplaying guild. Just stop by the Laughing Skull Tavern some time or get involved. We're constantly roleplaying - and not all "fighting roleplaying" either... talking, making a web of backstories, plots.

It is a large guild, so managing some members can be a issue .. as it can be for all large guilds. There are a few rotten eggs from time to time and a few issues that come up (just bad luck situations) where people get confused or don't know someone is a greifer of theif.

In any case ... anyone, and I do mean anything .. even Reds who enter and stay Civil are welcome to sit and shoot the breeze in the tavern.

I'd arguge anyone to the ground about how the Yew Militia is the best good aligned roleplaying guild out there! Anyone can play a evil chud, running around killing people. And thats fun... but it takes a great roleplayer to have the restraint to play a good character in game fof any ammount of time.

-Simon Wormwood/Pru'Zig

Amen! Case closed!

Retro

Wanderer

i find that if he is blue.. then go's grey around your buddys bodies.. then hes a grefier.. but while hes still blue.. you never know so dont attack.

Thats not the issue - while Yew Milita is fighting orcs, those same blues go and loot the red orc bodies - which we also try to stop.

We don't allow them to dry loot the Orcs.

Ozzy;1547661 said:
Well Rp is better if you don't wanna hear all that faggish bullshit you hear from everyone, like when you get ganked 5v1 they're like "OMFG you suck you fucking noob go kill yourself bla bla bla", i wouldn't be suprised if you where one of those assholes...

Actually Im not , but theres a flip side to that Sparky... You can kill those same people and take joy in the fact that theyre throwing keyboards and yelling at the dog because of it.

Why you would assume that I might be one of those people is beyond me, was it because I didnt post in the form of " art thou, hail and well met, tis I, arrg"?

Ozzy

Sorceror

Mr.Crowley-=AoD=-;1550873 said:
Actually Im not , but theres a flip side to that Sparky... You can kill those same people and take joy in the fact that theyre throwing keyboards and yelling at the dog because of it.

Why you would assume that I might be one of those people is beyond me, was it because I didnt post in the form of " art thou, hail and well met, tis I, arrg"?

No offence I just assume everyone are :p

edit: and most ppl in this game are fuckfaces...

Ozzy

Sorceror

ToadCreaker83;1550141 said:

-Simon Wormwood/Pru'Zig

I remember an RPV on RP ring, from not to long ago, with Yew Milita running around on ethys fighting some other rp guild... :/

I think they made a thread on this forum aswell

Unless it was a greifer guild ... or another Roleplaying guild like TcD or EKI that uses mounts and is mostly mages... you won't ever find the Yew Militia fighting on ethys. Only during those two situations, or hunting down greifers during a Orc/Militia Fight.

Yew does have a group of non-roleplaying red greifer tanks to deal with theives and reds thatare just there to bother us. They may have as well been them.

-Simon

Ozzy

Sorceror

ToadCreaker83;1550973 said:
Unless it was a greifer guild ... or another Roleplaying guild like TcD or EKI that uses mounts and is mostly mages... you won't ever find the Yew Militia fighting on ethys. Only during those two situations, or hunting down greifers during a Orc/Militia Fight.

Yew does have a group of non-roleplaying red greifer tanks to deal with theives and reds thatare just there to bother us. They may have as well been them.

-Simon

aight good to know... :p

My bad then :p