UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Fix economy please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Gold sinks until 80% of all the gold on shard is deleted.

I keep coming back to this post, mostly because it boggles my mind.

Do you realize the negative impact that removing 80% of the liquidity of the economy would have? There's actually not enough liquidity right now... most of the value of items is based on rarity, stupidity or down right ugliness. You players who are paying 200M for a suit of Hybrid Armor have lost your damn minds, 200M is ridiculous.

If the total gold on the shard is 20Billion (not saying it is, but it's close) and you pay 200M for something - that one transaction is literally a percentage point of the entire shard economy. If you take that same 20B and you figure that half of it is in inactive accounts, now what?

You guys throw out terms without facts, because those facts are actually supposed to be hidden from you. You make assumptions about how much gold there is and you really have no idea...

Oh and regarding Hybrid Armor specifically, it was never supposed to be blessed, that was a bug in the Clean up Brit system. You should expect that it will get fixed.

uonewb

Page
I keep coming back to this post, mostly because it boggles my mind.

Do you realize the negative impact that removing 80% of the liquidity of the economy would have? There's actually not enough liquidity right now... most of the value of items is based on rarity, stupidity or down right ugliness. You players who are paying 200M for a suit of Hybrid Armor have lost your damn minds, 200M is ridiculous.

If the total gold on the shard is 20Billion (not saying it is, but it's close) and you pay 200M for something - that one transaction is literally a percentage point of the entire shard economy. If you take that same 20B and you figure that half of it is in inactive accounts, now what?

You guys throw out terms without facts, because those facts are actually supposed to be hidden from you. You make assumptions about how much gold there is and you really have no idea...

Oh and regarding Hybrid Armor specifically, it was never supposed to be blessed, that was a bug in the Clean up Brit system. You should expect that it will get fixed.
ole genocide peter is probably gonna quit uo, no more blessed armor for him, lmfao! beautiful!

Vizeroth

Sorceror
most of the value of items is based on rarity, stupidity or down right ugliness. You players who are paying 200M for a suit of Hybrid Armor have lost your damn minds, 200M is ridiculous.
Hmm. Those of us who have spent millions on Hybrid plate are now being written off as stupid. A fine rationalization to make it easier to justify destroying our wealth. "It's their own fault for spending so much on an OBVIOUSLY bugged item...even though we made it available to purchase for a full year and a half and assured them that it wouldn't be changed..."

Looks like we may actually lose our armor this time around. That's a shame.

Last edited:

uonewb

Page
Hmm. Those of us who have spent millions on Hybrid plate are now being written off as stupid. A fine rationalization to make it easier to justify destroying our wealth. "It's their own fault for spending so much on an OBVIOUSLY bugged item...even though we made it available for a full year and a half and assured them that it wouldn't be changed..."

A set of armor not being blessed gonna make you stay off the field? Just a quick question bud.

The Monk231

Wanderer
Hmm. Those of us who have spent millions on Hybrid plate are now being written off as stupid. A fine rationalization to make it easier to justify destroying our wealth. "It's their own fault for spending so much on an OBVIOUSLY bugged item...even though we made it available to purchase for a full year and a half and assured them that it wouldn't be changed..."

essentially yes you moron, 200m is a ridiculous price for anything hybrid armor was obtained through cub... literally it was basically free, just throw away your garbage and bam u got a set. now 200m for the price of gabarge reward system is retarded and so are the idiots who payed that much..

uonewb

Page
essentially yes you moron, 200m is a ridiculous price for anything hybrid armor was obtained through cub... literally it was basically free, just throw away your garbage and bam u got a set. now 200m for the price of gabarge reward system is retarded and so are the idiots who payed that much..
rekt

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Throw away your garbage...and you've got a set of Hybrid plate. Wow.

1,500,000 emblems for six random pieces of Hybrid plate. 20 gp per emblem. 200-400 emblems per piece of magic armor. 800-1200 emblems per decent weapon. Do the math, you fucking chimp. Nothing about this was free or easy.

The Monk231

Wanderer
I got over 100k like it was nothing the 1st time they did cub only cuz I alrdy threw my garbage away without the expectations of rewards u fucking loser... and that was with ease... you could easily make a shit tone of armor and cub that during 1st cub and wait for your chance for another cub at a different as long as the item is old u can cub it and tell me is it or is it not free to obtain leather??? LOL

The Monk231

Wanderer
granted I quit shortly after the first cub so I have no idea how long it was until the next or the rewards but still its was relatively easy to obtain cub points...

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I got over 100k like it was nothing the 1st time they did cub only cuz I alrdy threw my garbage away without the expectations of rewards u fucking loser... and that was with ease... you could easily make a shit tone of armor and cub that during 1st cub and wait for your chance for another cub at a different as long as the item is old u can cub it and tell me is it or is it not free to obtain leather??? LOL
Wow, 100k whole emblems?! HOLY SHIT, BRUH, YOU'RE ALMOST HALF WAY THERE!

Let's go along with your dipshit plan and dedicate our house storage for YEARS in the HOPE that another CUB event comes along. 150 emblems per piece of exceptional leather. A castle holds 5600 items. Disregarding the fact that the time it would take to acquire the leather and create the armor is anything but insignificant, we would have to fill TWO CASTLES with leather armor in order to get enough emblems for six RANDOM PIECES of Hybrid plate. You are a mental invalid. Recognize it.

Monk is correct in that people just horde for cub. If there was a cub today I would clean up HARD. got houses full of magic weapons and armor + anything worth any value of emblems. I am waiting for another cub. I will literally pick up a ruin off the ground and bank it til I collect a bag full, then gate it out to my trash house.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Throw away your garbage...and you've got a set of Hybrid plate. Wow.

1,500,000 emblems for six random pieces of Hybrid plate. 20 gp per emblem. 200-400 emblems per piece of magic armor. 800-1200 emblems per decent weapon. Do the math, you fucking chimp. Nothing about this was free or easy.

It was easy... just time consuming.

Hey everyone look, it's Vizeroth the Great Forum Warrior! He's laying down the smack... </sarcasm>

The only one calling anyone stupid is you. My post, which you replied to was actually offering perspective on item values. It's insane to me to think someone is spending an entire percentage point of the entire economy for an item. You obviously didn't let that soak in before your irrational and emotional reply. No one made the statement that "it's their own fault", I simply made a statement that it is a bug. If I go in and add Hybrid Armor straight up via [add hybridplatechest - the item is not blessed. It's not supposed to be blessed. That is the very definition of a bug. It should be fixed.

No one is going to lose their armor, so your final statement is also false.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
The only one calling anyone stupid is you. My post, which you replied to was actually offering perspective on item values. It's insane to me to think someone is spending an entire percentage point of the entire economy for an item. You obviously didn't let that soak in before your irrational and emotional reply. No one made the statement that "it's their own fault", I simply made a statement that it is a bug.
Of course. As we all know, implications don't exist and "The Admirable Ryan" is insusceptible to rationalizing.
No one is going to lose their armor, so your final statement is also false.
"We're not taking away your phone. We're just destroying its value by releasing an OS that isn't compatible with it, ensuring that no app will ever be written for it again. Totally different!"
Oops, there I go again with those irrational implications.
If I go in and add Hybrid Armor straight up via [add hybridplatechest - the item is not blessed. It's not supposed to be blessed. That is the very definition of a bug. It should be fixed.
Whatever you'd like to call it, blessed Hybrid plate became a part of the economy when it was sold for a YEAR AND A HALF. Try and put yourself in the position of those "crazy" people who spent all of that time, effort, and resources to get this stuff. Wrap your mind around that 200,000,000 number and realize how badly you'd be fucking people by arbitrarily destroying their investment in that which they had every reason to believe was not a bug, but part of the game.

Then again, I am being pretty silly here. I'm asking empathy of a guy who had no moral qualms about selling black kasas for 50,000,000 gold to people as a gold sink when 5M kasas could be blessed and dyed black:
Ryan said:
As for the black ones, you're again making silly statements, I know they can be dyed black... I don't care. If someone sinks gold on them that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.