UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Halberd Vs Axes

What does more Damage with GM LumberJacking?

• Total voters
Halberd Vs Axes

What does more Damage? and why?
Assuming you have GM LumberJacking and GMed other warror skills
I'm pretty sure Halberd's don't get the extra damage from lumberjacking skill

Re: Halberd Vs Axes

Ok, then why the F*ck would you get Lumberjacking if Halberds do more damage?

would Axes of Vanq do more then Hallys of Vanq from the LumberJacking bonus damage? or would that bonus damage not be effected by the +9 Damage Vanq bonus?

(based on 2 people saying Hallys>Axes, 0-1 people saying axes>Hallys)

tfi_

Wanderer

Given the current situation that you MIGHT connect 50% (at most) i think the swing rate of axes with lumberjacking will do more damage. Overall with the hally you MIGHT get a bigger hit, but the fact that you swing a ton less averages the overall damage down consideribly in the long run. If your a dexxer and can last through a magic dump via resist, reflect, and heals most mages should die if they are stupid enough to toe-to-toe with a dexxer. The main problem is that due to the freaking huge shard the lag is an issue and getting within range of a running mage can be hard. That being said, good luck.

megas

Wanderer

With lumberjacking you can out damage someone with a hally overtime, assuming your using an axe. Almost every axe swings twice as fast as a hally and with lumberjacking you deal probably 75-80% of an avg hally swing. So after two swings with your axe you have already done more dmg than a hally. By the time hally can swing again you have already swung four times, dealing more dmg. Of course taking into account hit/miss chances it all depends.

Thank You, Thank you, Thank you
The poll is currently at 7 votes for Axes, and 2 votes for Halberds

Megas is saying an Axe does about 3/4th the damage of a halberd in ONE swing, but you ALL say Axes do more damage over time

So a halberd might be more effective for a Tank mage where he doesn't have to pick up an extra skill (Lumberjacking) and usually goes for one extra hit between spells, and doesn't depend on the hally for damage as often as a pure warrior who relies on a halberd or axe for damage

And all of you arguing about the 50% chance to hit (GM vs GM) that will apply to halberds as well, at least over time, not saying you can't get lucky.
Your 50% chance to miss is simply a 50% damage reduction, which applys to both slow and fast weapons. Fast weapons will miss more often, but will also hit more often.

Axe with the LJ bonus is devastating. But a Halberd is the only weapon that can't be stolen, it hits hard, and can do a Concussion blow.

LJ still wins though. As covered above, hehe. It's faster, hits hard, and is more consistent (in my opinion) than the ol' hally whack. I have a swords tankmage and a pure dexer LJ, the pure dexer LJ does better solo, hands down.

also the faster you hit with a weapon like that the more you have a chance of getting a concussion blow. if you have room for the skill LJ is WELL worth it. if i would keep magery and healing and also get alch...probably would be the ultimate character.

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

tfi_;379116 said:
Given the current situation that you MIGHT connect 50% (at most) i think the swing rate of axes with lumberjacking will do more damage. Overall with the hally you MIGHT get a bigger hit, but the fact that you swing a ton less averages the overall damage down consideribly in the long run. If your a dexxer and can last through a magic dump via resist, reflect, and heals most mages should die if they are stupid enough to toe-to-toe with a dexxer. The main problem is that due to the freaking huge shard the lag is an issue and getting within range of a running mage can be hard. That being said, good luck.

Completely backwards.

Once again, I have to drop science on some fools.

First of all, lumberjacking doesn't affect halberds or bardiches.

Secondly, standing toe to toe with an axer is the correct answer for a mage, unless he has a very specific template (such as a healer mage). Think about it: A mage can only heal, attack, or move one at a time. The lumberjack's swing timer will reset while the mage runs. When the mage stops to heal, the lumberjack will be ready to swing just as the mage begins casting. If the weapon hits, the foolish mage will run again, repeating the cycle... and he'll die very quickly this way.

A better idea is for the mage to merely stand his ground and time his casts in between his assailant's swings. He should only move at the beginning of the fight, while he casts archprotection and reactive armor and improves his AR however possible (such as by donning +2 AR robe and cloak).

Finally, damage bonuses on weapons are constants. They're +1, +3, ...+9. Because it's a constant rather than a percentage, it's the same for every weapon regardless of that weapon's normal damage range, and it's applied to every swing. Therefore, a vanquishing dagger actually receives the greatest bonus of all weapons from the vanquishing modifier. Faster weapons benefit more from constant bonuses. Harder-hitting weapons benefit more from percent damage bonuses - namely, tactics, anatomy, and lumberjacking.

AncientSmurf

Wanderer

welp im gm swords, tactics and lumberjacking i can nearly 1 hit kill with a good axe, can't do the same with a good hally.

catts

Sorceror

Axes are superior in regards to damage with lumberjack but its 100 skill points you could also use elsewhere.

Then again if you are using a tank mage with a arm/disarm macro and a hally.

mordredrs

Sorceror

Hummm... i think it depends. For a sword/tank/mage i think the hally is best than an axe, but the axe is better if you can use the lumberjack skill...

mordredrs;1729438 said:
Hummm... i think it depends. For a sword/tank/mage i think the hally is best than an axe, but the axe is better if you can use the lumberjack skill...

did you even read the thread

Kaz651r

Sorceror

How about this since everyone for the most part is saying the same thing (from what I've read...)

Tank mage? Go with Hally since you're not relying on fast swing times and the 100pts are better elsewhere.
Axe dexxer? Use LJ since it obviously helps dmg and you're going to want to swing more than with just a hally since you're not casting inbetween swings.