UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Halloween Celebrations

april0395

Sorceror
At least everyone had a real ACTUAL shot last year

I killed a mongbat and got a drop. Snakes drop things, as well. The entire swamp area had drops, too. Drops are not exclusive to bosses.

***EDIT*** Not to mention, last year I specifically remember dying just about every time Iwent into the H-town gate because of Flea or the super-fast pumpkin lord gunning me down. I thought this year was much more player friendly. Aside from the champ, but champ spawns aren't typically meant to be solo-able.

I killed a mongbat and got a drop. Snakes drop things, as well. The entire swamp area had drops, too. Drops are not exclusive to bosses.

***EDIT*** Not to mention, last year I specifically remember dying just about every time Iwent into the H-town gate because of Flea or the super-fast pumpkin lord gunning me down. I thought this year was much more player friendly. Aside from the champ, but champ spawns aren't typically meant to be
people still had a better shot last year even with all that.

Whatever98

Squire
i think H town needs some modifications to make it more scaled in difficulty, staff did a great job, but the actual town needs fixing imo to offer reasonable drop rates and difficulty

and also provide areas that drop items for different character classes. last year for example, everyone could farm bone throne, i got like 6 of them, a portrait, that kinda thing. didn't get any uber drops like hanging swords or axes, but something would have been nice, even if it only sells for like 50k. im sure there's monsters that are good to hunt for different classes, so i think should make areas for each, with different drops, then everyone can get something, and everything can be traded

Don't expect to be there for 5 minutes and get a uber item(s)..... it takes class to stay there hours and hours , day in day out , those folks who stand there for that long get alot of items

Look at Otim , He has a fairly ammount of items , becaus he is there alot ,

Whatever98

Squire
Don't expect to be there for 5 minutes and get a uber item(s)..... it takes class to stay there hours and hours , day in day out , those folks who stand there for that long get alot of items ,

yeah but you have to be killing the hard things, that 90% of the players dont even know how to get to. i spent like 8 hours there killing orcs and ancient liches, got nothing :/

didnt have luck with sacrificed altar tho ;(

cos i paid 5mil for a sacrificial alter, it's herritage item :|
should not be dropping for bloody halloween... i dont see dawns music boxes, or quivers of infinity dropping there? cherry trees, ladders, or fountains.

i wouldn't even mind that tbh if it was right at the end, at the uber-est part of h-town for the leetest players. but SOMETHING should drop for the lower monster farmers too

april0395

Sorceror
yeah but you have to be killing the hard things, that 90% of the players dont even know how to get to. i spent like 8 hours there killing orcs and ancient liches, got nothing :/

I would not have been able to kill any of the red named bosses alone. Most of the time I lucked out and came across people fighting the Costumed Orc Champion and Pumpkin Lord. The same thing happened when I went to Steaming Heap and Peinsluth and Clawser. There were already people there hitting the mobs, so I just joined in. I also just joined into some other people's Halloween champ last night.

Run around and see what people are up to and just hop in. Typically they won't mind. You only need to get looting right in order to have a chance at a drop. You don't need to solo everything or have a dominating group.

And as for the 90% of players that don't know how to get to the places .. there are little warnings that will typically pop up in the corner of your screen to show you that something interesting is in the area. Just be observant when you're running around, and like Otim said, use transparency and click lots of things. :]

Whatever98

Squire
how about slowing the spawn rates around the secret things then?

im using the outhouse as an example again cos it's the only secret i know, there's 2 villagers in there, who have a lot of hp, by the time you have killed both, one has respawned :/
cant exactly sit looking for a tiny crack on the floor while fighting 2 monsters, in a tiny room, and on horse back...

i mean i clicked the toilets, that's the obvious thing, even with the clue.

no idea where to go from the sewer either, wandered around for an hour in there, got no messages, found a switch that creaked in the distance, ran around more, found nothing. people are supposed to be able to find clues, that's why it's called a clue.... are there clues to finding the clues? lmao

every question is easy when you know the answer. that's why im curious how many of the people that know actually found it, and how many were shown, im not convinced that many people found it at all

das3

Sorceror
im using the outhouse as an example again cos it's the only secret i know, there's 2 villagers in there, who have a lot of hp, by the time you have killed both, one has respawned :/
cant exactly sit looking for a tiny crack on the floor while fighting 2 monsters, in a tiny room, and on horse back...

How about taking a stealther for scouting/exploring? Or some friends/guildies/meatshields/innocent noobs as distraction?

no idea where to go from the sewer either, wandered around for an hour in there, got no messages, found a switch that creaked in the distance, ran around more, found nothing. people are supposed to be able to find clues, that's why it's called a clue.... are there clues to finding the clues? lmao

An hour? Boy, you really seem to suck at exploration (but that's ok. We can't all be James Cook). Better stay away from any maze games if they happen. ;)
If you pay attention there is only one area you can't reach in there and that's where the switch comes in.

every question is easy when you know the answer. that's why im curious how many of the people that know actually found it, and how many were shown, im not convinced that many people found it at all

One of the ppl here that ran around in H-Town when it was opened up for the first time. Finding everything took days, coordinated effort, observation, lots of clicking, luck, deaths, money (tho' my memory is fuzzy on that. The event healers always been around?) and patience. And even then we didn't find every secret. How's that compared to your tries?

I've got the feeling you're locked in that 'Bah, it's shitty, too hard, too little for too much work' mindset, that you don't realize that there's actually people putting in the effort and having fun. I did, then and now. So do/did others.
But having fun is subjective (Geez, I've spend hours just cleaning the field and scolding ppl for the mess when they stepped on the land mines I left out on purpose. A blast). Can't suit every taste. And that's fine. Can't force anyone to follow your notion of fun either (well, if you try, let me know how that one worked out).

You're probably trying to give constructive feedback, but you're coming over all whiney and spoiled to me.
A good point demands stepping out of your own personal, emotional point of view and taking a look at the bigger picture. Just not seeing that here.

Whatever98

Squire
A good point demands stepping out of your own personal, emotional point of view and taking a look at the bigger picture. Just not seeing that here.

ditto.

tho the idea about the stealther is a good one

when you were exploring the place the first year it opened, did you do it alone?
or with other people, and did you share the things you all found with each other?

sry for trying to make the game fun for everyone and not just a select few. -_-

starting to remember why i don't really play here anymore

das3

Sorceror

That's cause I'm not arguing. It's an appeal.

when you were exploring the place the first year it opened, did you do it alone?
or with other people, and did you share the things you all found with each other?

Guild. And yeah, we shared. Guild-intern of course . And after we've satisfied our own curiosity some took off and bragged on forums about it. Pity the old (old) posts aren't around anymore. If there was just a way to... wtf is that! (<- yea, that is a link)
It was all a happy, shiny, bonbon-colored trammie care-bear land back then. The mobs were teeth-less and arties were dropping like rain.

sry for trying to make the game fun for everyone and not just a select few. -_-

Watching any series/movies at the moment? Reading a book maybe? Like some spoilers?
Get it: some people like to explore (You don't. Just a guess). Get that funny fuzzy feeling when they figure something out on their own.
And all the people that spend hours there had fun. Otherwise they wouldn't be there, right? Couldn't been the drops now, could it? Or the gold rain...
8 hours there...of how many this things been up now? Math is hard! Bet you've seen all the action. Tell you something, those selected few (let's be honest, what you mean is actually everyone else except you, right?) were growing by the hour. If you'd asked me in a civil manner I would have told you. I've given guided and unguided tours; handed out checks for items I didn't need to people that I felt deserved/needed it; handed off drops to strangers which became, well friends would stretch it, a pleasant company over the next weeks; I've (cross-)healed overeager players; griefed and laughed at the death of douches; honored, preped, intercepted and lured; gave hints and advice (wanted and unwanted), learned some new tricks myself... and that's my POV. If you want everyone to have fun, well have fun. And be what you want others to be.
If you asked and didn't get an answer, well, there's multiple reasons for that. There are the vets, 2-3 hours per day over the past events, couple of posts and guides on forum... now bored and frustrated. Or the language barrier. And of course there's the good ol' greedy elitist douche amongst everything inbetween.
It's not the difficulty of the mobs or the spawn rate or the drop rate: It's the person on the other side of the screen. And the way we're interacting with them.

starting to remember why i don't really play here anymore

Need me to remind you? It's the other people. Oh wait... ;)

Whatever98

Squire

soooo... you found all the stuff when the monsters were weak?
with a guild of people...?

aaaand.. you're annoyed that i cant do the same, on my own, with harder monsters, and no drops from anywhere outside the interior rooms...?

gtfo

there's not really guilds of people that hunt as a guild anymore, because the population of the server sux, there's not people to explore with, because most of the people already know how to get in, and wont tell anyone. there's hard monsters now, that kind of make it hard, to explore on your own.

personally i have circle of transparency always on, so if there's things i need it turned off for, im just not gonna find them, because, who would think that a puzzle in a game, requires the changing of the options... that's like playing Fallout 3, and having to turn the gfx options down in order to see an NPC that gives you a story line quest... ie, retarded...

im all for exploring tbh, but i like it to be possible.

it's like me saying SOLVE THIS PUZZLE: here's your clue "the jam stirs"
go on, solve it.

there's just so many reasons that you are oblivious of, because you are only arguing from your perspective. ur being a hypocrite man..