UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Has anyone patched to 6-0-14-4?

Re: Has anyone patched to 6-0-14-4?

awbs;1954865 said:
All patches from 6.0.6.2 onwards encounter this problem.

I have 6.0.6.1 and dont have that problem, I can see everything and havent gotten stuck anywhere yet.

^ this is the same for me. 6.0.6.1 is what im running. No problems to report.

DeViiaNt

Knight

Im at 6.0.6.2 here on the laptop, works good except the stupid 'options' shit. I dont know what exactly the desktop client is patched to (its higher).... works fine, but Magincia's walls have returned.

awbs;1954865 said:
All patches from 6.0.6.2 onwards encounter this problem.

I have 6.0.6.1 and dont have that problem, I can see everything and havent gotten stuck anywhere yet.
I know, but its a bug with UO, so when UO is patched, some bugs may be fixed. Since he was talking about more recent patches I asked if they had addressed a well known issue.

Vicktor Vauhn;1955182 said:
I know, but its a bug with UO, so when UO is patched, some bugs may be fixed. Since he was talking about more recent patches I asked if they had addressed a well known issue.

UOG cannot patch and fix the UO client most to all additions they put in are server side only. Whatever bugs are in the client are for the most part out of their hands and I hardly think EA will patch, quash bugs in it to make it compatible with UOG. on the other hand a positive note now there is tons of new art in the client they can work with, with the new expansion out now and all :)

The leper affinity;1955224 said:
UOG cannot patch and fix the UO client most to all additions they put in are server side only. Whatever bugs are in the client are for the most part out of their hands and I hardly think EA will patch, quash bugs in it to make it compatible with UOG. on the other hand a positive note now there is tons of new art in the client they can work with, with the new expansion out now and all :)
The problem and fix to it have nothing to do with UOG. Its nothing server side at all, at least to my understanding, because when your changing options the client shouldn't even need to communicate that to the server. Its not fixing a bug so that it will be compatible with UOG its fixing a bug so the client works properly. I would imagine this bug happens on OSI as well, as like you said its completely client side.

Even if it IS unique to UOG, a patch meant changing a code in such a way that it was effected, why would changing the code again not possibly fix it?

I am not assuming its fixed, I am just asking if a change that came about from an earlier patch is still the same with a later one.

Vicktor Vauhn;1955229 said:
The problem and fix to it have nothing to do with UOG. Its nothing server side at all, at least to my understanding, because when your changing options the client shouldn't even need to communicate that to the server. Its not fixing a bug so that it will be compatible with UOG its fixing a bug so the client works properly. I would imagine this bug happens on OSI as well, as like you said its completely client side.

Even if it IS unique to UOG, a patch meant changing a code in such a way that it was effected, why would changing the code again not possibly fix it?

I am not assuming its fixed, I am just asking if a change that came about from an earlier patch is still the same with a later one.

No the options window bug does not do that on EA/Mythic former OSI servers. Its either Razor, or UOG servers that causes it.

Pete Liv;1955239 said:
delete system32
Act like a fag on a internet forums.

The leper affinity;1955244 said:
No the options window bug does not do that on EA/Mythic former OSI servers. Its either Razor, or UOG servers that causes it.
Fucking strange that it would happen with the options dialog then, considering that that shouldn't have anything to do with the server.

Oh well, I stand by the last part of it... A patch made the bug start, not too unbelievable that a patch would change that code more and make it stop. I doubt they purposely made the game window shrink when not connected to official servers, so its something in a bit of code that changes with updates, so there is always the chance.