UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Herding

Vlek

Sorceror
If you herd or peace a players pet it should be a criminal act.
There's no way in hell that's a good idea. I hope to God I don't have to show you some statistics on survivability of things for you to realize what you're asking for is completely asinine. Peacemaking is already gimped by the fact that a tamer can tell their pet to attack again to stop the effects. If anything, a tamer's pets should be provokable as well. That should be a criminal act, but making a pet turn on its master would be a more suitable balancing change than what you're requesting.

All you're doing is tamer belly aching. "I thought I was using an OP build, but it turns out that there are things that can negate me! This has to be changed!"

Prince Rainier

Sorceror
There's no way in hell that's a good idea. I hope to God I don't have to show you some statistics on survivability of things for you to realize what you're asking for is completely asinine. Peacemaking is already gimped by the fact that a tamer can tell their pet to attack again to stop the effects. If anything, a tamer's pets should be provokable as well. That should be a criminal act, but making a pet turn on its master would be a more suitable balancing change than what you're requesting.

All you're doing is tamer belly aching. "I thought I was using an OP build, but it turns out that there are things that can negate me! This has to be changed!"

I use a tamer/provoker hardly an op build. if youre using your peacemaking skills or herding skill in the act of pvp you should be fair game.
maybe I should have used "flag on a player" instead of criminal act.

Vlek

Sorceror
maybe I should have used "flag on a player" instead of criminal act.

Okay, now you're getting somewhere. I could see having the person herding or peacing being temporarily attackable to the owner of the pet. But, for that to happen, then herding should not be stoppable by using the "all come" method, and peacemaking should not be negated by telling your pet to attack again.

If you don't think that's an OP build, then I have some DPS statistics that I think you should see. Tamers are stupid ba-nay-nays powerful. Like, they're more powerful than any character should ever be. It's only fair that there are things capable of negating that power.

If you have peacemaking on your character then you are going to be ultra easy to kill. I have never seen a pvp char with peacemaking. Peacemaking and nox are so gimped on this shard it isn't even funny. I wouldn't even use peacemaking for pvm after they changed how long it lasts.

This isn't entirely true. For an Orcish raiding party, it's good to have at least one person with peacemaking in order to stop the incessant barrage of blade spirits and tamers.

I guess it is the same as nox. Only good for noxing people's weapons and fs/nox drops. I was speaking more in terms of using it on a certain person/animal. Not so much as using it on yourself to calm everything around you. Like you said all you have to do to remove it is to say all kill again or simply let it get hit. Pure defense, not offense. I could see it being useful in group pvp, but it is also useful for someone to just simply cast dispels nonstop... although that scenario would rarely come in handy. 1v1 you can just say all kill and have what 12 seconds before they could use it again, or did they change it to nonstop uses?

Vizeroth

Sorceror
I'll*

the apostrophe is used as a suffix for "I will"
The APOSTROPHE...is used as a SUFFIX...and three people liked the post. lol, I love UO players.
Say all come and your pet can't be herded. As for peacing it that would be like going to jail for breaking up a fight.
Except you're not breaking up a fight; you're effectively paralyzing a person's pet, either to harass its owner or to make them easier to kill. There's a slight difference there, champ.
Peacemaking is already gimped by the fact that a tamer can tell their pet to attack again to stop the effects.
Like you said all you have to do to remove it is to say all kill again or simply let it get hit.
Calmed pets don't respond to commands, newbsters, and there's no guarantee that getting hit will break their calm, or that the pet will get attacked at all.
The solution is not to have yet another way that players can have negative actions taken against them without any way to retaliate.

Dexxers are fairly effective against most tamers because tamers often sacrifice defensive wrestling for their build. Dexxers are also fairly good at tanking and killing pets.
If you don't think that's an OP build, then I have some DPS statistics that I think you should see. Tamers are stupid ba-nay-nays powerful. Like, they're more powerful than any character should ever be. It's only fair that there are things capable of negating that power.
DPS? Does your idea of balance revolve around how much damage a build can inflict if its target simply stands still and takes hits? Pets have the potential to deal high DPS, yes, but they lack mobility and have limited control over WHEN their damage occurs. This matters.

Last edited:

Vlek

Sorceror
Calmed pets don't respond to commands, newbsters, and there's no guarantee that getting hit will break their calm, or that the pet will get attacked at all.
Wrong. I tested this last night by having one pet attack another while having a peacemaker on standby. The dragon was successfully peaced, told to attack again, and proceeded to continue attacking directly afterward. This entirely negates the effects.

Dexxers are fairly effective against most tamers because tamers often sacrifice defensive wrestling for their build. Dexxers are also fairly good at tanking and killing pets.
I'm sure that's the case when you're wearing full hybrid plate, use greater heal wands, and have blessed runic weapons. Considering the average person is going to probably spend ~30k on a loadout, that gets them maybe a set of decent leather armor and a bronze runic. Their damage potential is going to be enough to kill a mage if they're able to perform approximately four consecutive hits. The chance of hitting someone with equal skill is 50%. That means, if they didn't sacrifice wrestling (Which, I might add, is probably the case), then their chances of killing the tamer is 0.5^4, or 0.0625%.

This is also assuming the tamer doesn't recall out like they're prone to do in PvM'er versus PvP'er situations, and that they don't cast reactive armor which completely negates damage regardless of whether they hit.

DPS? Does your idea of balance revolve around how much damage a build can inflict if its target simply stands still and takes hits? Pets have the potential to deal high DPS, yes, but they lack mobility and have limited control over WHEN their damage occurs. This matters.
My idea of balance revolves around the damage output of characters, yes. Your earlier implied scenario of a dexxer taking out a tamer and his pets requires that a dexxer stay within a tile of the tamer. The tamer is not going to leave their pets, so that means that the dexxer will have to take the brunt of the tamers pets and the tamer if they wish to down them. Also, the AI for all magic casting NPC's on Hybrid is on roids. They're not casting random spells anymore. I've been hit with some pretty ridiculous syncs by NPC's. So your misconception that the tamer's pets are not going to be able to perform a substantial amount of damage due to the fact that the tamer cannot determine the exact time they will do the damage is laughable.

Vizeroth

Sorceror
Wrong. I tested this last night by having one pet attack another while having a peacemaker on standby. The dragon was successfully peaced, told to attack again, and proceeded to continue attacking directly afterward. This entirely negates the effects.
lol. This community is nothing if not reliable in its ability to bring fresh gems of stupidity to the table. How did it not occur to you to simply peace the dragon without anything attacking it and see if you could give it commands?
I'm sure that's the case when you're wearing full hybrid plate, use greater heal wands, and have blessed runic weapons. Considering the average person is going to probably spend ~30k on a loadout, that gets them maybe a set of decent leather armor and a bronze runic. Their damage potential is going to be enough to kill a mage if they're able to perform approximately four consecutive hits. The chance of hitting someone with equal skill is 50%. That means, if they didn't sacrifice wrestling (Which, I might add, is probably the case), then their chances of killing the tamer is 0.5^4, or 0.0625%.
Your cluelessness about the game you're trying to balance is fascinating. Anyone can afford decent metal armor, and that's what any dexxer should be wearing, not leather. Most metal armor is perfectly adequate for tanking a dragon, let alone a nightmare. And no, a bronze runic weapon worth 1,000 gold pieces isn't what an average player uses, it's what a dipshit newb uses. Are you a dipshit newb, Vlek? Are you using bronze runic weapons because you can't figure out how to kill balrons, little buddy? I can teach you if you like.

I've fought many tamers, and virtually none of them had wrestling, presumably because they're not fuckwits like you. Without bolas, tamers are sitting ducks, praying that they get a lucky pet sync while they're getting hit-and-ran into oblivion.
This is also assuming the tamer doesn't recall out like they're prone to do in PvM'er versus PvP'er situations
What does this have to do with anything?
My idea of balance revolves around the damage output of characters, yes. Your earlier implied scenario of a dexxer taking out a tamer and his pets requires that a dexxer stay within a tile of the tamer.
No, simp, it doesn't. All the dexxer needs to do is attack either the tamer or his pets until he anticipates damage, then off-screen because the tamer can't keep up. Have you even played this game? Would you like a free firsthand lesson on the dexxer vs. tamer match-up?