UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How do you Connect to UO?

How do you connect to UO?

• Razor

Votes: 320 90.1%
  • ConnectUO

Votes: 12 3.4%
  • UOGateway

Votes: 40 11.3%
  • Injection / Ignition

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • UORice

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Other (please post)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

samuricex

Sorceror
Re: How do you Connect to UO?

I didn't even know there were other alternatives other than Razor and ConnectUO. I originally used ConnectUO, then I found out about Razor and just started using that. Why would anyone use anything but Razor?

FeaR-Cizin

Wanderer

I've used all of the above, minus ConnectUO. Is injection/ignition still being developed? I was completely ignorant to the plug-ins of that program when it was around. Man it's been a while.

I've also used Krrios client (older versions) as well as the newer PlayUO version (very nice.)

These days I use Razor when I absolutely have to (When PlayUO is missing a feature I need). Otherwise I use PlayUO

njerry05

Wanderer

The only thing that works for me is UO Launchpad, but that's because I use Ubuntu Linux.

beelzebub

Knight

rofl, no because im oldschool, actually... and i dont fend well with your new macro automated magical connection control programs.

problem is all of you newbies... see suil, all you EVER did was play hybrid (except when u were 8 playing on ur dads account on OSI)

i actually played pre T2a.... lol, and i remember it too.

people like myself are the reason shards like hybrid still exist.

Blacula

Knight

njerry05;1649272 said:
The only thing that works for me is UO Launchpad, but that's because I use Ubuntu Linux.

I use Razor in Ubuntu (when I don't mind running a solo client.) If you like just PM me, and I'll write you a guide. :)

Btw, if anyone else has a UO assistant written in C/C++ (not C#), let me know and I'll test it for you on Linux and write up a report. If anyone has gotten Sallos to run in linux, I'd like to hear about it as well. Thank you!

Zippy;1167160 said:
I'm curious what methods people are using to connect to UO shards (not just UOGamers).

If you use a method not listed in the poll, please post and tell me what it is.

Zippy I think I have asked you this a LONG time ago (like three years ago) but I never actually received an answer.

-From home I use Razor and it works just fine.

-However!!...when I am at work I am behind a firewall / proxy that uses VPN etc. I had to chop up my login.cfg file and point the login path directly to login.uogamers.com.

THEN I have to open the client.exe via SocksCap (a program that lets my bypass my proxy server to reach outside destinations exp: login.uogamers.com) you are probably familiar with this application

I am now able to log in like normal.

**HOWEVER** I do not have the capability to use Razor! If I try to run Razor through sockscap to bypass the proxy it WILL let Razor through but it's like it only allows one program binding to sockscap and when Razor tries to launch client.exe it has already uses it's binding on Razor therefore not letting client.exe tunnel through sockscap.

I have tried and asked everyone no one knows! Can you PLEASE help me with it? UO without razor now a days is kind of useless unless you want to run around. Also a feature to connect via proxy settings in the next Razor release would be awesome.