UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to Gm Poisoning and Alchemy...

How to Gm Poisoning and Alchemy...

* 0-30: Train from npc
* 30-45: Lesser poison
* 45-65: Poison
* 65-98: Greater poison
* 98-100: Deadly poison

That is how I do it... and basically if you start an alchemist and just use him to make the potions for your poisoner, the alchemist will get to gm before the poisoner.

A slight warning, poisoning is very expensive to train.

If you don't want to train poisoning and just want alchemy... I would do this...

* 0-25: Train from npc
* 25-35: Agility
* 45-55: Total Refresh
* 55-65: Greater Agility
* 65-75: Greater Strength
* 75-85: Greater Heal or Greater Poison
* 85-100: Greater Cure or Greater Explosion

pbguy434

Knight
Re: How to Gm Poisoning and Alchemy...

If your doing alchemy for the sole reason of poisoning, it would be less expensive just to level up alchemy by making poisons. Of course, throwing stuff in between two poison levels if they gains suck/stop.

p01n7e

Sorceror

I GMed Alchemy while GMing poisoning by making only poison potions.Started with 50 alchemy and 50 poisoning.Normal poison till mid 60s,greater untill you get to 97-98 and deadly to GM.

Dorina

Sorceror

or..
faction trick can solve our problem making a little less expensive the way to become a Grandmaster Assassin..

I

Ikbal

im doing poisoning right now and ive gotten to 50.5 (expecting it to stop at around 55) with lesser poison only.

Thanks, that worked out well. Now if only Drakull would release his guide on being awesome.

hickman48

Knight

ok im stuck at 60 with just posion pots what do i do
oh and iv used 2 kegs of posioin pots since i hit 60 and one keg of greater.

ASOLOS

Sorceror

keep using normal till u are 65, suggest using greater till 85-90 and go faction trick. GM is hard, i been using tons of kegs. be patien with ur char, i got mine from 50-GM in 1 day. Good Luck:D

I need a proven way to get it up to 85.

Im at the 720 Skill cap and ive already hit that cap so my gains are UBER slow. Im already in faction so i guarantee ill be using the faction trick to raise it. Is this a viable and affordable way to do it?

buzzman81591

Sorceror

Ok sort of got this, but I am only gaining alchemy, I started making potions and all I am gaining is alchemy, do i do sometihng else with the potions?

Use the poison potions on weapons and food. Then wipe the weapons with some Oilcloths and repeat.

Dani

Wanderer

No need to wipe weapons clean. You still gain without wiping them. I GM'ed poisoning by poisoning the same dagger over and over without wiping =)

woodycook

Knight

i'm at 85 poisoning and gains are very hard now, How do I do the faction trick?

After some testing, I've gotten good gains for poisoning using lesser poison all the way past 52.0%. After about 52.5%, though they slow down incredibly. So I'd probably suggest switching to normal poisons there.

[edit]My bad: it just appeared to hit a rut. It seems to keep a decent gain rate even past that... Huh.

[second edit]Okay then: it completely stops at 60.0% on the nose. As you get later on there, it slows from the previous "high" rate of about 4 potions per gain, to around 10-15 potions per gain. Still reasonable, in my opinion, so I'd recommend lesser poison until all the way to 60.0% skill.

I took lesser a little into the early 60s, and I'm currently using normal and am still gaining at 67.3. I didn't remember to switch to greater so i still have a keg or two of normal, but I'm still gaining so no worries.

Trever

Wanderer

do i have to poison several different blades or can i poison the same one over n over?

also, is it better to practice on food/drink or weapons.