UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

How to make a Tamer in 2 days.

B

Big O

Re: How to make a Tamer in 2 days.

Couple of questions for a complete noob.

Buy a horse isn't easy. There's no in jhelom!

I don't receive any skills from failed taming. Been taming cows and gorillas for an hour. Gone from 50- 54. I can't tame panthers at all, just fail.

Oh yeah, Ive been killed by lizards 3 times @ jhelom farm! =)

co co

Page

just do hinds around del and moonglow then great hearts then bulls at 75 or so.

Paracelsus

Sorceror

tame the black bear, hinds, ... just south of the Trinsic city. Once tamed, use water elemental around to kill your tamed pets.

U

Unregistered

Hmm, just returned to UO after about 7 years, I haven't noticed a single gain from failed tame attempts, has this changed?

Gopher

Wanderer

this is very good guide...I pretty much followed this guide and got to 7x GM in about 4 days...i m new to the shard and very helpful guide for any newbies out there!

fallen29

Sorceror

I have some different things i did I found it easier to go to tame giant toads and also when skilling up magery about 80 do earth elementals =]

also I found that it may take a little longer but i left my stats open except for dex and just lvled them and barely had to use arms lore and eval intel to make my 225 stats

U

Unregistered

I dont get it >.< As a couple of posts have stated i have not gotten 1 point on a fail only on successes and those are still not that bad but will take much longer than 12 hours to Gm Even with everything locked. Couple of questions:

Are you guys using a program to help? i have Assist from forever ago but nothing else. if not what macros are u using to speed it up?

Does Race Matter?

Could there been a patch to change any of this

I have tried Farms and tried Moongate hinds and very very slow so far but i will update with progress

51 reached at farms in like 15 mins. Went to Ice and got to 53 in another 20 mins or so cant tame panters or wolves but polars are plentiful

Hyps

Wanderer

Unregistered;2106866 said:
I dont get it >.< As a couple of posts have stated i have not gotten 1 point on a fail only on successes and those are still not that bad but will take much longer than 12 hours to Gm Even with everything locked.

Although I can't tell you why you aren't getting gains from fails I can tell you its working for me in game right now. I just started work on a tamer and got from 50 to 75 doing hinds and great harts in under an hour. Far more than half the gains were from fails.

U

Unregistered

hmmm not sure what the difference could be are you running 2d client and what expansions do u have registered
Thanks

U

Unregistered

i am baffled lol i have read from stratics that u can no longer gain skills from taming fails because of GGS and can not seem to find any site that explains how to get around it. i have the SA expansion that might be part of it i may make a 15 day trial acct and see how that goes
Thanks for the quick reply and i will let u know what i find out

U

Unregistered

ok well i made a trial acct and tried over 30 fails and no skill gain and .4 from 30ish successes so yeah i have no clue why it works for some and not for others.....

U

Unregistered

I am also in the process of trying this guide and I am getting 0 gains from fails. after 1 hour im still in the mid 50's.. Any suggestions?

Paracelsus

Sorceror

max overall stat 225
max individual stat 100
If you get 2 stats (e.g. int, str) max, the remaining stat (e.g. dex) min will be 25.

That why dex 25. For int, you need minimal in start up char for recall, ... Later on, it will go up pretty fast. So, the rest go to str.

J

Just Osmo

Hey this is my old guide!

Winslow

Traveler

The reason why some people do not get gains from fails is because they are taming something that requires too high skill. Get a few more points and go back to the same animal and u will gain on fails most likely.

Just tame a few things and then go back to what you were not gaining on and you should be good.

Also kill that animal and try taming a new spawn.

Bain

Wanderer
Either that or people forget to set the display skill gain option to 1 rather than 10 in the settings.

Where are the giant toads exactly?

How to you tame something without getting smoked?