UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid gets new network!

Formater

Knight
Re: Hybrid gets new network!

Catapult;1660684 said:
I honestly doubt defragging you're computer is going to speed up UO noticeably, unless you're computer is 10 years old. UO is a barley uses the hard drive while running, especially on newer computers with a gig or more ram. Reinstalling windows sounds a bit extreme as well. Uninstalling UO and Razor is probably a good thing to try if know its not a network problem.

I dunno why but I just read this for the first time and I have to admit your completely clueless. Do you really think that every file for the game is just cached into memory?

Defraging a windows machine is very important and too many people do not even know they need to do it or how to do it for that matter (or what it does or why you need to do it). Who are you to just guess how old his pc his? Your bs comment about UO uses the hard drive very little is ridiculous. Do you have some kind of proof to support your claim? I am sure there are plenty of people here that can tell you that reinstalling windows just makes your computer run a million times better. I reinstall every pc in my house at least once a year. I admit sometimes just because I am bored LOL. I personally run a program called diskeeper and it constantly defrags my hard drive and I never have to worry about it.

When I buy a new pc (FYI I currently have 6) the first thing I do is reformat the drive and reinstall windows. That gets rid of all the BS that Dell "thinks" I need to try. After reinstalling windows and installing Xp beta sp3, and all my software my next step is always to defrag the hard drive.

Grey Ghost

Wanderer
Re: Hybrid gets new network!

Ryan;1643970 said:
Tonight at approximately 10:00 PM EST (GMT-5) (that's right now) we will be shutting down Hybrid and moving it to a new network. This move will only take approximately 15 - 20 minutes. We will update you as soon as it is completed!

Hiip Hipp Horaay!