UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hyru's Warrior Guide - Field Fighting

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
Hyru's Warrior Guide - Field Fighting

If you want to learn how to kick ass and chew bubble gum in PvP against mages AND warriors, keep reading. This guide is meant to help you and your friends become effective in field combat. In case you don't know who I am, some of my character names may sound familiar: Kafi, Indeoque, Hyru, Raze, Tyvalius.

Krrios' Client

First, get KUOC (Krrios' Client) from the following link:

http://www.runuo.com/krrios/kuoc_beta11_r1.zip

I cannot stress how important it is to have this client. A full list of features can be found at this link: http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35467. This guide is based off of months of PvPing with Krrios' Client (Razor doesn't come close to KUOC). If you need help with it, search the KUOC forums. Make sure Old Movement is disabled and Smooth Movement (smoothwalk) is enabled. When you are in game, make sure you have your Ping display turned on. This helps when timing your pot throwing as you will read in the next section.

Greater Explosion Potion THROWING

One of the most effective tools in field combat is the Greater Explosion Potion. Is it hard to do? It can be if you have a poor connection or just plain horrible timing. I've found that most people who do not pick it up quickly have a hard time learning it (similar to bunny hopping in quake and half-life). The trick is to practice over and over again until you can get a "feel" of when to throw it, based off of your ping.

If you have under 100 ping you should practice throwing like so: 3.... 2...<last target>.1.... damage (where a '.' represents 250 milliseconds).

If your ping is a little higher, say around 200-400, you may want to practice throwing just after the 3 turns into a 2, like so: 3.... 2.<last target>... 1....

Practice makes perfect, and of course having a large supply of lesser explosion potions helps. Use your alchemist to make pots. Get a bunch of empty kegs from player run vendors. Visit Vesper (or any tax free towns such as Papua) and stock up on reagents. Vendors restock every other World Save on UOGamers Hybrid, and the stock quantity is based on how much product sold or didn't sell the previous hour. When you are ready for field combat, Greater explosion potions are costly. It takes around 1,500 sulfurous ash at GM Alchemy to make 100 potions.

Templates

Next, you will need to decide what kind of template you want. There are several different fighting styles to choose from when playing a warrior on the field. If you want parry, forget it. It's useless. I've killed a warrior in full plate with shield in two hits and an explosion potion. That GM Parry won't help a bit against spells either. You will absolutely need poisoning and/or alchemy to succeed on the field as a warrior. No hiding, no inscription.

:poison Warrior: - Effective if you can't throw pots.

GM Fencing/Swordsmanship
GM Tactics
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
GM Resist
GM Magery
GM Poisoning (for Deadly Poison application on the field - 12 charges)

This is a very good skill set. With this template you have the ability to deadly poison your weapons on the field. In a long fight this is crucial to defeat your enemy. One of the only few enemies I have not been able to kill 1v1 (Sifu Chang / Tacu Tacu) had this template and I was forced to run to my house after I ran out of greater cures and greater explosion potions. This template does lack the extra damage from GM Alchemy, and in a chase (and running is the favorite of many) this can lower your damage output.

:Alchemist Warrior: Good if you can throw pots.

GM Maces/Swords/Fencing
GM Tactics
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
GM Magery
GM Resist
GM Alchemy

This skill set is good if poisoning weapons isn't your favorite thing to do. I would recommend sticking to 125 str + hally/warhammer, or 145 dex + quarterstaff/short spear/spear. If you are going to use a one handed sword or fencing weapon with 145 dex you might as well get poisoning and put it to use. Halberd + 145 dex is still quite slow. At that point it is better to use faster weapons to utilize your high dexterity.

:Alchemist Poison Warrior: - Very effective if you can throw pots.

GM Fencing/Swordsmanship
GM Tactics
GM Healing
GM Anatomy
GM Resist
GM Alchemy
70 Magery (enough to cast magic reflect)
30 Poisoning (for lesser poison application on the field - 18 charges)

One of the best templates available. You have the ability to throw explosion potions at full damage as well as poison your enemy. Granted your poisons will not be as strong as deadly poison, but you will still be able to use lesser poison on your weapons and apply 18 charges. Poisoning your enemy is an effective tactic in PvP in that they must stop to cure or use a cure potion to heal.

Character Stats

100 str
25 int
100 dex

Good hit points.
Good dexterity.
Allows you to cast 2 greater heals or 1 magic reflect and 1 recall.
Greater Str + Greater Agi potions = 120 hit points, 120 stamina.

86 str
14 int
125 dex

Average hit points.
Very high dexterity.
Allows you to cast Magic Reflect, Greater Heal, or Recall.
Greater Str + Greater Agi potions = 113 hit points, 145 stamina.
Good template due to high swing rate.

86 str
24 int
115 dex

Average hit points.
High dexterity.
Greater Str + Greater Agi potions = 113 hit points, 135 stamina.

125 str
25 int
75 dex

Very high strength.
Average dexterity.
Greater Str + Greater Agi potions = 132 hit points, 95 stamina.
Good template due to high hit points and extra 5% damage increase over 100 str.

Tactics

As a warrior, surprise and quickness is important so an enemy doesn't have time to prepare for a fight. You will need a few things to promptly jump into battle. You will need a macro to bring up a target cursor, a macro to Target Nearest Enemy, and a macro to Attack Last. With these three keys you can quickly attack your enemy and have the ability to change who you are attacking on the field in seconds. You should get used to the following combination:

1. Bring up a target cursor (I use Anatomy. The ". target" command in KUOC will work fine as well).
2. Target Nearest Enemy
3. Attack Last

You should be constantly hitting your enemy unless you know you can't win a fight or you have to emergency heal. Always have Magic Reflect on before you enter a fight. If you and your enemy are both low on health and you are chasing your enemy, drink a greater heal potion. This will often times heal you enough to be safe if your enemy attacks you while your bandage is kicking in.

A good tactic is to prime a greater explosion potion before you run into battle, then hit your last target macro and then hit Attack Last and swing away. This combo can do large amounts of damage in short periods of time, especially with halberds and warhammers. If you are fighting another warrior, throw greater explosion potions until they are at 2/3 life left, then start to melee. It is a good way to get them running. Then just keep throwing more. If you see that you are low on life and have a greater explosion potion primed, don't be afraid to throw it on the ground. On average, one greater explosion potion with GM Alchemy will take away 20% to 30% of an enemy's life. At times it can be hard to watch both the potion's timer and your enemy. It becomes easier with practice. If your potion explodes on more than one enemy, it may change your the enemy you are attacking. Use your Attack Last macro to return to your desired target.

Bolas are nasty. It is recommended that you use a regular mount, and not an ethereal. It can be tedious to keep buying horses or resurrecting your bonded pets. If you get dismounted in combat while riding an ethereal, you will most likely die. You have to decide if it is worth it or not.

Inventory

What you carry is important but how you carry it is up to you. GM Weapons and Armor are fine. Don't use plate unless you are running at 125 dexterity. It isn't worth the penalty and most of your opponents will be mages. If you are obsessive about armor, wear heavier equipment on your chest and legs. They take most of the hits. Carry at least 4 trapped pouches. Have a good supply of greater heals, greater cures, total refreshes, some greater strength and greater agility potions, and a lot of greater explosion potions. Depending on your Poisoning skill, carry some lesser or greater poison potions as well. If you know how to toss greater explosion potions, you should be throwing them as much as you can. Use your greater strength and greater agility potions. They do make a difference.

Yours, Hyru

Tyrone

Wanderer
Only problem is i can't run KUOC. I get this error in windowed mode but in fullscreen it runs but w/ black blocks all over the place and extreme lag.

I have Win XP Pro SP1, DX9 + Managed Libraries. Intergrated Intel Graphics =/

Eeyore-PiG-

Wanderer
I like using an alchy dexor for people tht like to run outa ur screen. I mostly use myalchy dexie becuase hes the one that can ride an ethie.

Congratulations

You are all fuckin failures, if you use a dexxer pot thrower. I feel bad for you that you couldnt cut it in any pvp whatsoever, besides this fucked up template that needs patched. Please put your diablo cd's into your computer and play diablo again. There you can pvp with two buttons to your hearts content. The graphics are also alot better.

Targeting GE pots takes skill... are you people fucking high? It requires the ability to count down from 4 and SOMETIMES 3. WHoopideDOO. You guys want a fuckin medal for this? I am glad you passed kindergarted. You now have the right to throw ebolt damage while yielding a vanquish weapon without ever having to stop and cast. Congratulations, you are truly skilled.

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
DeathJesteR said:
You are all fuckin failures, if you use a dexxer pot thrower. I feel bad for you that you couldnt cut it in any pvp whatsoever, besides this fucked up template that needs patched. Please put your diablo cd's into your computer and play diablo again. There you can pvp with two buttons to your hearts content. The graphics are also alot better.

Targeting GE pots takes skill... are you people fucking high? It requires the ability to count down from 4 and SOMETIMES 3. WHoopideDOO. You guys want a fuckin medal for this? I am glad you passed kindergarted. You now have the right to throw ebolt damage while yielding a vanquish weapon without ever having to stop and cast. Congratulations, you are truly skilled.

1. Diablo 1 and 2 sucked.
2. Nobody said throwing pots took skill.

This guide is for people who want to PvP effectively as a warrior on UOGamers Hybrid. As a warrior on a shard made for mages, it is hard to compete. From your frustration, we can all see that these templates work well. Thank you for your support.

The only reason it is hard to compete without...

GE pots is you suck. Period. My friend CanOfWhoopazz/UoGamersMvp does just fine without them. We do not have to resort to a tactic that was voted unfair by the masses. The fact that it is the only way you can PvP speaks volumes about how absolutely shitty you are. Oh btw I love how you copied Sifu's warrior faq word for fuckin word. Shit you couldnt even figure out how to be a gimp without someone elses advice. Now that is truly fuckin pathetic.

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
DeathJesteR said:
GE pots is you suck. Period. My friend CanOfWhoopazz/UoGamersMvp does just fine without them. We do not have to resort to a tactic that was voted unfair by the masses. The fact that it is the only way you can PvP speaks volumes about how absolutely shitty you are. Oh btw I love how you copied Sifu's warrior faq word for fuckin word. Shit you couldnt even figure out how to be a gimp without someone elses advice. Now that is truly fuckin pathetic.

I didn't copy anything from anyone (except from Duke Nukem of course in the beginning). If something in this guide is similar to someone else's, it is purely coincidence.

You have such hostility.

If you can't tell the difference between Kafi/Sifu's giude, go back to grade school. It seems that Kafi is one of the few people on this forum that manage to act maturely.