UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Kapero.

Bama

Bug Huntress
There is no peace without war. Chinese proverb :)
No such a chinese proverb.

M*A*S*H - Season 5, Episode 6: The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan ...

Col. Flagg: You think you're smart. But you're not. You're dumb. Very dumb. And you've met your match in me.
Potter: Flagg, let's not cause any more casualties.
Flagg: What's war without casualties?
BJ: Peace?
Flagg: If it wasn't for war, you wouldn't know what peace was!
BJ: (to Hawkeye) He has a point.
Hawkeye: Yeah, it's on his head.

Zulu is closest he wins

Morcheeba

Wanderer
False, no one actually knows who said it to give credit where it's due so like everything else in the world, credit goes to Chinese. ;)

Everyone is wrong. If you think peace can't exist without war you are wrong. There will always be some cocksucker who wants to take what you have for various reason wether beliefs, lust, power etc. No matter how passive or meek the world becomes you will always be forced to fight for what you have. If you aren't a pussy and want to keep it that is.

Now your just talking about human nature rather than the definition of what War and Peace is and the philosophical debate as to can one survive without the other! C'mon stick on track! :D:D
Someone needs to buy Kapero a dictionary, I have a feeling he wont understand much of this when/if he comes back.

zulu2401

Squire
Now your just talking about human nature rather than the definition of what War and Peace is and the philosophical debate as to can one survive without the other! C'mon stick on track! :D:D
Someone needs to buy Kapero a dictionary, I have a feeling he wont understand much of this when/if he comes back.
You are partially correct. It does fall under the human nature category. Both words however, can be summed into one. Survival. Peace is non-existent like I said. No matter the level of intelligence every living thing fights to survive. Peace is an illusion. Another way of expressing the false feeling of security. Obviously history has proved the greater the level of intelligence, the greater the impact of war. You're not truly at peace until you're dead and even then you may have someone rape your corpse. Just sayin :/

silvertiger

Knight
Without human nature noone would know the difference between war and peace. It may be a slight tangent, but it is still ot for the topic of war and peace.

As to op topic, think a perma forum ban and ingame trammel facet ban would be highly appreciated. We don't care what he does in Fel.

zulu2401

Squire
Brief periods of peace have existed immediately followed by war. Not saying one can't exist without the other but we will never live to see it and it will most likely never happen.

Morcheeba

Wanderer
Seemed like a one sider to me... nothing to add?

My opinion on war and peace is that one can exist without the other however once you do away with war then peace becomes a constant and would no longer needs definition, it would just be what it is. However this will never happen in the context of humanity as human nature will not allow it. Nature is considered a harsh and brutal thing, violent deaths, murder and fear is a constant but I think there is a certain peace to be had in the certainty that this will always be the way due to the primitive and instinct driven way of life. Although lambs make me sad as they get older and turn into sheep because they stop playing.
On human nature itself, we are capricious beings and are about as diverse a species as a diverse species can get. I cant remember who it was but someone describe us as the "bipolar ape; capable of great acts of kindness and hatred".... or something like that.
In the end peace will be with the peaceful and hate and war will always reside with the people who want it.

......at least those are my opinions :)

zulu2401

Squire
My opinion on war and peace is that one can exist without the other however once you do away with war then peace becomes a constant and would no longer needs definition, it would just be what it is. However this will never happen in the context of humanity as human nature will not allow it. Nature is considered a harsh and brutal thing, violent deaths, murder and fear is a constant but I think there is a certain peace to be had in the certainty that this will always be the way due to the primitive and instinct driven way of life. Although lambs make me sad as they get older and turn into sheep because they stop playing.
On human nature itself, we are capricious beings and are about as diverse a species as a diverse species can get. I cant remember who it was but someone describe us as the "bipolar ape; capable of great acts of kindness and hatred".... or something like that.
In the end peace will be with the peaceful and hate and war will always reside with the people who want it.

......at least those are my opinions :)
Works for me. :)