UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Kingdom of...

Would playing in a realistic medieval society be something you'd be interested in?

• Total voters

Sintoo

Sorceror
Kingdom of...

This is just something I've wanted to do for a long time wich is a more medieval realistic view on roleplaying where magic doesnt exist.
I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in anything like this here is a short summary of what I've got so far, please discuss the mather.
The name isint set in stone I just couldent think of a better one :p.

Kingdom of Britannia is a medieval feudal kingdom with old traditions where the main population of commoners consists of peasants who serve their noblemen in the form of labor and taxes in return for protection.
The noblemen in their turn provide their King with military assistance in return for land.

Each nobleman (Duke, General) Holds 3 knights (Baron, Earl) in their disposal wich in their turn holds 3 Men-at-arms/Archers.

The kingdom consists of the Yew village and the Court of Truth/Prison as Castle and the Abbey as Church/Abbey.

No magic(Magery, necromancy, Bushido, maybe loose chivalry to?) is allowed except for Chivalry for those who have reached knighthood. This is the dark ages after all you don’t want to be burned upon a wooden stake for herassy now do you? :D

The population is divided in three classes of society wich are:

Commoners

Archers are peasants seemed not fit or physically strong to become a men-at-arms and are often looked down upon, they receive a small payment for their services. Yet they may still be used as meele combatants to fill ranks of men-at-arms when casualties have thinned out the ranks. (Archers may not become knights) Dressed in various leather armour.

Men-at-arms is the core of the army, Peasants whom are seemed strong being handpicked by the knights themself to be trained and armed to join their army. While they might not be the most skillfull of warriors they’re a force to be reckoned with. Dressed in a variety of Chainmail,ringmail and leather armour.

Vassals

Knights are the mounted combatants wich consist of lesser noblemen such as barons and earls wich has been granted some fame either by proving their worth on the battlefield or by managing to achieve their knighthood through family ties and connections. Platemail armour

Lords

Dukes/Generals are the higher noblemen wich leads their army in to battle. They’re great tacticians and fierce warriors wich gives inspiration to their followers. Platemail armour.
May choose heraldry colours for themself and their followers.

King/Queen the ruler of the Kingdom.

What else to play as?
Kingdom of Britannia is also for those who do not want to partake in combat oriented roleplaying but chooses to roleplay in a more peaceful manner and pursue a life as a civilian/commoner such roles as
Priest, Blacksmith, Tailor, Hunter, Fisherman, Baker, Noblemen, Peasant, Butcher, Healer, Lumberjacker, Carpenter, Jester, Bookbinder, Moneylender, Sailor, Shipbuilder, Jeweler, Locksmith, Gravedigger, Cook, Herbalist, Glassblower, Miner, Witch hunter, Theif, Highwaymen and Beggar. You name it!

Re: Kingdom of...

I've been thinking of trying to do some RPing, and this seems like a lot of fun. If it generates enough interest, count me in.

Sintoo

Sorceror

KillemallCFH;239094 said:
I've been thinking of trying to do some RPing, and this seems like a lot of fun. If it generates enough interest, count me in.

You should try it out even if this doesnt get going there is a variety of guilds to choose from you can check them out on http://www.rpring.com/ under the demise section.

Since this is more of a side project for me I'm not really gonna try unless theres atleast a few people that would be willing to do this and take on some sort of leader role to keep it going and expand.

If anyone has any ideas or knowledge on medieval feudal societies please do indulge us with that and discuss what can be done what would work how should it work and so on, dont be shy POST! :)

Peace.

Sintoo

Sorceror

pbguy434;239210 said:
Does it involve raping and pillaging?

Like it would stop you pb if I said no :p

But to answer the question seriously, the fact that there is no age limit to who may play here on demise I'd say do what you think is right within your own common sense and moral standards. But hey if you could find anyone that would be willing to roleplay on a mutual agrrement as being sodomized, knock yourself out you sick bastard :S I'd leave the judge of that to the people that run the shard in terms of what is regarded as O K content.

Get it running, Grab a few friends and show off an RPV in action or something. Might peak peoples interests... it has my interest peaked, but i need to see soemthing to push me over the edge you know.

Sintoo

Sorceror

Eskeshehir;239640 said:
Get it running, Grab a few friends and show off an RPV in action or something. Might peak peoples interests... it has my interest peaked, but i need to see soemthing to push me over the edge you know.

As I said this is nothing I'm really interested in doing unless I get a atleast a few people interested in starting this thing up by discussing how things should be done, so far noone has even made a name suggestion and that is like one of the points that dont even mather that much it's just a stupid name.
2 people of 8 who actually voted yes has taken their time to write down their interest and maybe a grand total of 4 who voted actually cared what they voted for.

But you pretty much put your finger on the issue itself by your post "it has my interest peaked, but i need to see soemthing to push me over the edge"
and people just sit and wait around for people to get involved well since noone gets involved in the first place there is just a shitload of people sitting waiting on eachother to do something, and if people do join it suddenly dawns on them "Holy shit I might actually have to do something by myself and not get everything handed to me on a silverplatter" wich proves to much to them.

So heres my idea everyone starts out as a archer or men-at-arms for those who are willing to join the combative part of this guild, and basically we go up through the rank's until we get the postions filled through voting and by activity and roleplaying so everyone starts out the same then after forces build up you may choose your "army" and add heraldry colours to it for example.

Anyone have any idea on how the archers should progress? should they?
Should we put in a squire rank maybe so that knights have a trainee or something?
Anything I'm sure theres someone out there with valuable information! discuss!

Well i only have one problem with this. If i were to do this, im only currently online during weekends. Which would pose a problem as i know some people who have NO lives whatsoever and would just play all day. I feel that it would be unfair to those who have irl responsibilities if everything was based off of your actions, time spent helping guild, etc. etc.

BUT.

If it means you need people to get this running ill help out.

Sintoo

Sorceror

That's what I'm talking about! discuss stuff!
I definitely understand what you mean just because your online doesnt mean you should advance but more of what you do with your time when your online.

But to compare it with a job for example if your gone for 2 weeks and when you come back you dont really do anything you wouldent be expecting to get promoted would you?

Yeah I want help, ideas, knowledge and all the good stuff :D

Sintoo

Sorceror

Should we involve religion? seeing that it's a pretty big part in any society no mather were you look in the world, would perhaps give a spur to people who are interested in abit more political aspect's of roleplaying and set up a certain structure of church?

Sintoo

Sorceror

I found this on rpring in the Baronship of Cove guilds forum and I thought it was a pretty interesting idea which we could perhaps incorporate somehow in how one gains ranks and such.

Johnathan Austyn;24362 said:
We have decided upon using a 'point system', named shillings, which will be given by both members (for their events) and the leadership of the Baronship.
Shillings allow members of both the citizens and military element to progress in standing and thus attain the benefits of higher standing.
These points are not in game, but will be kept track off.

How does one earn shillings?
There are two ways of earning shillings:
  • Every task or event on the forum will have a set amount of shillings for completion. Upon completion of the task, the player who completed the task may add the shillings to the members profile. This can be done by either posting or contacting the leadership.

• For every report or story written on the forum, there will be an amount of shillings awarded to the writer and anyone else involved decided upon the length of report, creativity of the activity, and overall quality of both elements.

Note: Shillings do not stack. After each promotion, the shilling count returns to zero.

Probably not a good idea to go incorporating all of this stuff first thing. The way i see it, seeing as ive tried to establish RP guilds on Catskills, Is you should get the basic things going. Try to establish the ranks, Try to get everyone geared up with the basic stuff. We would need to set limits (VERY SPECIFIC as people like to use loopholes...) Figure out whats allowed and whats not I.E. Chivalry for Palys/Knights, etc. Get the Foundation first and build upon it.

hickman48

Knight

No magic(Magery, necromancy, Bushido, maybe loose chivalry to?) if this is the middel ages kings has there magicians wich would use magic i think that should depend on the carecters karma if they have good karma they whould be like a lords mage or wizard but the evile mages are worlocks just trowing this out there but yea im up to make a knight.

Sintoo

Sorceror

hickman48;240851 said:
No magic(Magery, necromancy, Bushido, maybe loose chivalry to?) if this is the middel ages kings has there magicians wich would use magic i think that should depend on the carecters karma if they have good karma they whould be like a lords mage or wizard but the evile mages are worlocks just trowing this out there but yea im up to make a knight.

Though I'm certain that some kings probably have had some sort of occult advisors through history I dont think they were able to "shoot fireballs from their eyes and bolts of lightning from their arses" though (totaly stole that from braveheart) .
The goal is to make a more "realistic" society, only reason why I even had chivalry still there is because first I was thinking of making it abit more fantasy enlighted with paladins and that it had some connection to well..yeah chivalry and such. But as there is already a dime a dozen of those particular good guilds and I'm certain there will be countless of others this would be a different guild that would kind of work like a substitute for people who want's to try something else.
But I see what your getting at.

and guys try to keep on topic and keep your personal purchases of souls to yourself ok? :)

Sintoo

Sorceror
From one field to anouther.

Ok so here's a short introduction story to my char for now to get things started.

While working the fields Nicholas heard the church bell ring five times, like for most folks who had reached the appropiate age the signal was both a moment of exciting joy for what to come aswell as a suspending nightmare. It wasent uncommon for the signal to be heard throughout the village, especially during times of war.

As the people started gathering in town they could hear and feel the vibrations of marching boot's drawing near the town center a disturbing sound like nails to a piece of glass, the only thing that drowned it out was the blacksmith's loud clanging sound as they were hammering away on sheets of metal.

It was one of the Lord's from the castle that had come to town to recruit more soldiers for the war, but the pack of dravel that he would be greeted by he had never seen the equal of, they were far from impressive. The range to choose from was meager to say the least.

[img=http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/6206/storyarc1vv8.th.jpg]

As the Lord started to inspect the townsfolk it was pretty quickly made clear that they were undernourished and physically weak, the war had taken much of their food and riches.
So the fact that Nicholas was chosen was more a stroke of randomness then him being chosen for his physical prowess. Nicholas ranging into his thirties had since long passed the wanted age for young new recruits but the ranks of soldiers was in desperate need to be refilled.
Still it is quite an honour for a mere peasant to be accepted into the ranks of men-at-arms and they recieve quite a handsome reward for their services, granted that most of their reward will be spent upon their arrival in the castle for such items as armour, weaponry and lodging.

[img=http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6765/storyarc2le3.th.jpg]

While approaching the gates it suddenly dawned upon Nicholas that he for the first time would enter the castle of the kingdom which he had looked upon so many times before and imagined all kinds of heavenly glory inside of it. Ladies and noblemen dressed in the finest of silk brought in from out of seas, feasting upon exotic food and drinks. But the bitter thruth would soon reveal itself to him.
As a men-at-arms he had surely come up in the world but the road to such luxury was still far from his grasp if even attainable at all.

He was lead in by a side door to the barracks through a long corridor, far from any big ballrooms he was hoping to catch a glimpse of.
At the end of the corridor he arrived at a small room with a tall skinny man in armour sitting at a desk made out of oak. The man looked like he should've died several times over already just by age. His hair was light gray and scars was covering the left of his face and it looked like he had seen his fair share of battles.
He spoke with a calm, dark and raspy voice "State yer name, former occupation and birthplace"
[img=http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/9344/storyarc3fj8.th.jpg]

Nicholas stood silent and couldent take his eyes off the mans face, the man grunted and repeated himself while staring back "State yer name, former occupation and birthplace" but this time in a more annoyed manner.
"Nicholas Kincaid, farmer, (What the hell are we going to call this place :p)"
Nicholas answered.
The man lowered his head while making a muffled chuckle as he scribbled something down in a big book he had infront of him.
"Follow the man by the door he'll show you to your quarters" the man spoke as he pointed his finger to a short and stout guard that looked like he was sleeping.

Upon reaching the barracks the luxury Nicholas had imagine was far from being seen, the bed consist of nothing more then a plain strawbed and the food was nothing more then gruel.
[img=http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3744/storyarc4zi9.th.jpg]

Nicholas Kincaid Men-at-arms
[img=http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9942/kincaidxa7.th.jpg]

Zither Dane

Wanderer

interesting............. id be interested if i start out as one of the founders of this idea and become the famous Lord Britsihes Loyal Knight! aye i vote yes pm me if u need me for ANYTHING any help, ideas, blah, blah, blah, ect lol

peace