UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Kingdom of...

Would playing in a realistic medieval society be something you'd be interested in?

• Total voters

Sir Novak

Wanderer
Re: Kingdom of...

Zither Dane;241882 said:
interesting............. id be interested if i start out as one of the founders of this idea and become the famous Lord Britsihes Loyal Knight! aye i vote yes pm me if u need me for ANYTHING any help, ideas, blah, blah, blah, ect lol

peace

Your missing the point of his first post. He asked you guys for ideas, too build characters and help him create the guild with a whole bunch of ideas that can be planned out IF you'd all help him.

Sure people say yes, but what are they saying yes for?

Too have him make a guild, but not help or join or create a character, background, set of rules you'd like to see go in, help the roleplayer guild grow and porspure?

Or are you just saying yes because you want someone to have moral support, but not get his back at all?

If you said the second one, you might as well be saying no, at least those who say no are honest or they're just griefers.

Either way, don't say you'll join and want something out of it, work for it, how do you even think ultima has even survived 9 years?

Because everyone works hard at maintaining peace, everyone works hard at making the game fun for us, everyone works hard so we have some place to go when we feel bad or just want to kill something.

They work had at making server wars fun. They work hard at making events for us. You name it, uo has probably done it by working for it.

You say you will join, but you want something in return, don't ask work for it and earn it!

O look what im playing.

Sintoo

Sorceror

Eskeshehir;242390 said:

O look what im playing.

Ok now that! was actually funny. Completely uncalled for and unnecessary...but still quite funny. Bastard :p

Novak makes alot of valid points and I cant but agree with him.

Sure I could make a guild, set rules etc etc. But I wanted people who were interested in this to put forward their own ideas and get to influence it right at the beginning to be able to form something they'd really would want to be a part off. Which is the least to be expected when your interested in doing something.

Thought of something for the civilian branch which might be interesting why not have a Mayor in the town and let people have elections where the Mayor obvoiusly get certains duties to perform.

Ok so here it is for all those who are interested this is what I want you to do

Create your character

Name
Choose something that would fit the settings of feudal medieval english society. If your looking to join the civilan non combative branch why not use a surname that fit your occupation since occupations were used as surnames. Names like Edward Hosteler, Robert Thatcher you get the idea.
This will also let people see wich names are already taken by posting them.
Names that are inappropiate in the sense that they are offensive, stolen from some fictional settings like Gandalf, Aragorn etc etc will not be allowed.

Background
Come up with a short summary of a biography for your character. I'm not asking you to write a novel just some basic information on where they came from and their Characteristics/personality. what they look like, how they sound like and act like.

Post which timezone you are located in and why your interested in joining.

Tell us what kind of previous roleplaying experiences you've had if you've had any.

This is something I expect everybody to do that is remotely interested in. this

Also decided that there will be no magic whatsoever so if you'll excuse me but I need to go and put my 100 points of chivalry into something else.

EDIT: Name suggestions for what the Kingdom/Guild is to be called is wanted. Come on! this is your chance to put your mark on the guild.
(Assholes trying to be funny do not need to bother themself with replying)

hickman48

Knight

charecter name william butler

grew up near britaina. father was a lord. His father put him in to the acadomy for knight hood. While traing as a squire news of his fathers death reach him. He was not able to claim any of his fathers land or belonings. Thus they allowed him to stay at the acadomy and train under the conditions that he would also do manual labor untill he was at the proper age to leave.

i have played a few rpg d&d i was in wolf for a while but it died out.

that is about all the exp i have with rpg

time zone is umm easter in think im in west vergina so im pretty sure

Sundoom

Sorceror

Not really interested in joining, but I have a few names you may want to think about.

Kingdom of Redemption

Kingdom of Sosaria

Kingdom of Britannia (As you have already suggested)

Society of Yew

Unification of Sosaria/Yew

Or AlienNation (Joke)

Sintoo

Sorceror

Thanks for the name suggestions they are appreciated. Was mainly my first attempt in trying to get people involved somehow since ideas wasent exactly going wild over the place.

I will now introduce the copper system.
Where you will be assigned a task and upon completion one will be rewarded with copper coins.
One might then later on purchase such things as better armour and weapons with them.
Since we will not be using any magic (magery, chivalry, necromancy, bushido) which will put us at a disadvantage
you may purchase the right to use powerscrolls with the copper coins to increase your skills.

Plague

Story

Healer - "Yet another one has fallen ill"
Footsoldier - "Will he pull through?"
Healer - "I highly doubt that. The infection seem to be spreading through his body in a rapid pace."
Footsoldier - "We have to put an end to this before it spreads out of our control"

Briefing

A plague has hit the kingdom infecting many of the townsfolk. The source from where it's believed to come from are rats. You are to hunt down and rid the kingdom of ratmen and collect their hides as specimens. So that the healers might examine them and try to find a cure for the plague.

Rules

• A maximum of 150 leather per player.
  • Pictures of the assignment and report must be posted.

Reward
  • 40 copper for every 50 hides collect .
  • An extra 20 copper will be rewarded for a well written report.

slowjeep

Sorceror

There used to be a guild on Europa that did something like that. It looked like a LOT of fun, but it was back in the days of 56k dialup and the lag made it impossible to try to play on that server.

It was very similar, they wanted untrained warrior class characters. No magic. They would set up crate blockades and charge taxes to pass. They had a fee scale depending on items, mounted/unmounted, and IIRC mages paid double. They would even put players in "jail" if the players would not pay. They were in it for fun, and left the non roleplayers alone.

I hope this takes off, and I hope the playerbase has respect for what you are trying to add to the game. Back when they did it on Europa, it was pre-tram and pre item based pvp. So 10-20 unarmored warriors was a decent force, not like now when 1 player could take them all out. I wish I could remember the name of that guild, cause they had a very interesting webpage.

Sintoo

Sorceror

slowjeep;242963 said:
There used to be a guild on Europa that did something like that. It looked like a LOT of fun, but it was back in the days of 56k dialup and the lag made it impossible to try to play on that server.

It was very similar, they wanted untrained warrior class characters. No magic. They would set up crate blockades and charge taxes to pass. They had a fee scale depending on items, mounted/unmounted, and IIRC mages paid double. They would even put players in "jail" if the players would not pay. They were in it for fun, and left the non roleplayers alone.

I hope this takes off, and I hope the playerbase has respect for what you are trying to add to the game. Back when they did it on Europa, it was pre-tram and pre item based pvp. So 10-20 unarmored warriors was a decent force, not like now when 1 player could take them all out. I wish I could remember the name of that guild, cause they had a very interesting webpage.

You are probably referring to "The guardsmen militia" in the Crossroads of yew community. Used to play with those guys though I wasent in the militia but in the undead. Would have to say those days were the most fun I had playing ultima online ever. I remeber I had bought the game a few years before but I couldent afford to play the game really until a few years later when I hade some income to pay the monthly upkeep.

I did the see monster kill monster thing for a few months but I grew tired of it pretty quickly. I cant really remember how I got in contact with the CoY community but I remember that I thought something in the lines of "jesus christ what a bunch of wankers". But hey! I still had some months left which I had payed for so I thought why not give it a try. I'm not the one to atleast try something new once in awhile cant hurt to give it a go...and It was just a blast! it was pretty active at that time so there was always people on and things happening. Constant raids on eachother and scenarious being put up in the form of people being kidnapped and tortured and prison breaks, caravans geting ambushed you name it!

Those were the days.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Assignment: Plague

Not long after the epidemia had started to spread along the kingdom I and a few of my comrades was issued the order of trying to find the cure for the plague.
We ventured off in the different four cardinal directions in our search for the ratmens lairs.

It did not take long for me until I encountered a group of these filthy creatures known to men as ratmen on my journey. They had set themself in an ambush position and as I wanderd through the forest they poured out of the trees as they were being spit out of the very dark abyss itself(See frame 1 on picture sheet). Their dark pelt shined up as the light hit it through the scruffy and filthyiness. Their jaws foaming with saliva as they clawed their way forward trying to get at me.

Their attack was fortunately for me very uncordinated and as they tried to surround me I managed to land a blow to the skull of one of them rending it unconscious.
The loss of their comrade seemed to demoralize them and I went on the offensive swinging my mace wildly at them.
The ratman managed to dodge my attack and scratched a hole through my tunic, I could hear and feel it's claw slicing against my chainmail. I managed to knock him over with my shield and as he lay there I made chrushing blow towards it's ribcage ending it's life.
The third one took off right after this event occured as I can only guess it did not feel like pressing it's fortune any further at the loss of it's kind.
I choose not to pursue it as I felt I had more pressing mathers at hand and carved small patches out of the pelt of those who were slain.

As the sun started to go down I was pressing closer and closer to one of the ratmen's lairs that we have recorded in our books when suddenly a women came running towards me. She came screaming our head of waving her arms around and before I knew it she had thrown herself at my feet trying to hold me down and in the next moment I saw fuzzy outlines rising up out of the ground rushing towards me.(See frame 2 on picture sheet)

I had managed to stumble right into the arms off a set up by a bunch of highwaymens they came at me with spears thrusting at my torso.
I managed to grab the end of the spear and knock the shaft back at the mans face shattering his jaw knocking him out cold.
As I dodged the other man comming up on my left he pushed his sword into the stomach of the third man by accident, as he stood there stunned and shocked by what he had done I wasted no time. I swiftly raised my mace bludgeoning the man to death.
As for the poor lass that still remained at life who'm still clinged onto my legs after the carnage that is another story to be told at another time.

It would seem that I had not been the only one who had fallen into the grace of the highwaymens hospitality. For just a few houndred meters away I came upon a man that was locked inside a cage(See frame 3 on picture sheet). He claimed to be the son of a wealthy family an promised me a reward for his freedom. So in an attempt to give the man his freedom back I smashed the lock setting him free.

The man then shoved me out of the way and exclaimed "Be gone now filthy commoner!" and the promise off a reward seemed to had flewn it's way out of the window. With one glance at a chest that resided nearby I had no second thoughts on the mather. I decided to take away the newly won freedom the man had recieved but without the luxury of space and air.

Pressing onward I finally arrived at one of the encampments.(See frame 4,5,6 on picture sheet)
The day had turned into night which suited my just fine. As I decided to sneak my way in through the cover of darkness.
I could hear one of the ratmen drawing near as he came walking by frusting through his nostrils. I took cover in the shadows behind a support column.
He stopped but an arm reach away from me lifting his snout sniffing the air. I understood that he had caught the scent of me and it wouldent be long now until he know I was near and call for his kind. I launched out of the shadows with a dagger drawn burying it in it's throat. He made a muffled attempt of a schreech I put my body weight down on him forcing him to stay put while suffocating silently to death. I carved a small sample out of it's hide just as I had done the other two of those who had tried to ambush my earlier this day.

I claimed the life of a few others and collected more samples before the sun began to come up I decided to withdraw and bring the collected samples back to the chief medicians and physicians at the castle.

Assigment completed

*Signed in scribbled letters* Nicholas Kincaid
[img=http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/7428/task7xu9.th.jpg]

[img=http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4783/taskplaugeos2.th.jpg]

EDIT: Oh and yeah I'm so totally awarding myself with those 40 * 3 copper coins + the extra 20 copper coins for a well written report :p

Sintoo

Sorceror
Ranks

So since noone seems moderately interested in comming up with ideas on how this should be done I made up a rank list and how one is able to attain the ranks. Let me know what you think of it, constructive criticism wanted.

MEN-AT-ARMS / COMMONERS

Recruit

Foot soldier / Archer
• 100 Copper coins earned.
• Written a background as to how they joined and a character profile.
• Completed and passed the test on guild information.

Veteran / Crossbowmen
• 300 Copper coins earned
• Played as a Foot soldier for an amount of time.
• Required to have written at least 1 report.

Lieutenant
• 450 Copper coins earned.
• Required to have written at least 2 reports.
• Played as Veteran/Crossbowmen for an amount of time.

KNIGHTHOOD / VASSALS

Squire

• 600 Copper coins earned.
• Written a story about their time in the Men-at-arms/Commoners ranks and their journey from it to knighthood.
• Played as a Lieutenant for an amount of time.

Heavy Cavalry

• 700 copper coins earned.
• Held an event with at least 2 members.
• Played as Squire for an amount of time.

Earl

• 800 Copper coins earned.
• Played as Heavy cavalry for an amount of time.
• Held 2 events with more then 3 members.
• Required to have written at least 6 reports.
• Must make a heraldry by choosing colours and a coat of arms.
• Have to recruit 3 members of lower ranks into your army and support them with your coat of arms.

Baron

• 900 Copper coins earned.
• Held 3 events with members.
• Played as Earl for an amount of time.

LORDS

Field Marshal

• 1100 Copper coins earned.
• Held one event with another guild of the community.
• Played as Baron for an amount of time.
•Written a story about their time in the Vassals ranks and their journey from it to Lordship.
• Hold a majority of votes for the position.

General

• 1300 Copper coins earned.
• Played as Field Marshal for an amount of time.
• Held 2 large events with other guilds in the community with more then 10 people attending.

King/Queen

• 2000 Copper coins earned.
• Played as General for an amount of time.

Sintoo

Sorceror

Assignment: Survival packs

Story

Lieutenant - "Oi! Recruit where's yer survival pack?"
Recruit - *gulps* "Survival pack sah?"
Lieutenant - *sighs* "Look like ye're 'bout to spend some time in the hole lad"

Briefing

It is every soldier's duty to have a survival pack ready at all times. They must be ready when war calls. To neglect this duty is punishable by law.

Rules
  • You may collect a maximum of 5 backpacks.
  • The packs should have 13 items in them. These items are:
    A skillet
    A torch or lantern
    Knife or dagger
    A Bedroll
    Food
    Sextant
    Scissors
    Sewing kit
    Carpentry tool
    Tool kit
    Bandages
    A hatchet
    A journal

Rewards
  • 20 Copper coins for each backpack
  • 15 Extra copper coins rewarded for a good story.

hickman48

Knight

one quick question when you post a quest can we go back at a le8ter time and do it like for ex you have the rat quest and now you have started the equiptment quest can the new players do the rat quest still.

Sintoo

Sorceror

hickman48;243561 said:
one quick question when you post a quest can we go back at a le8ter time and do it like for ex you have the rat quest and now you have started the equiptment quest can the new players do the rat quest still.

Yes you may still do the first one until you've completed it or been otherwise told. Just trying to keep anyone that is interested occupied for themself until this get of the ground.

Still waiting for suggestions on a guild name so that I can get us a forum on rpring so we can get serious.
Was really hoping people would get more involved but so far the only ones that have done so much as even given a name suggestion on the guild is hickman48 and Sundoom which isint even interested in this.

Sintoo

Sorceror

It has been brought to our attention recently that due to lack of experience and knowledge. That there's been a lot of drowning accident's within the kingdom with occupations revolving around the sea or just water in general and one or another farmer or guard that has drowned within a bottle at the tavern.

So with these thoughts in mind the King sent your's truly on a mission to educate and train the fair people that inhabitat's our world.

The interest seemed low and the commoners seemed more interested in the construction material of our magnificent pool rather then what purpose it served. Even though after fending of the poor and filthy from soiling the grand pool there was some that seemed keen to learn the art of swimming.
We hope to have a bigger turn out at later times.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Recruitment Offices come and gone

Found a lot of pictures from different time eras of our very own traveling recruitment office. Here's a small draft from some of them before being demolished, sabotaged and looted.

Nicholas Kincaid main supplier of cloth and furnishment for grifers and noobs.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Boxing, Battles and a ship lost at sea...

The night started off with an exhibition match between the Bretonnian pugilist champion Conley O'Grady and whomever had the guts to get in the ring. As time went by it was becomming obvious none had what it took to get in the ring with this man of rock hard granite.
So I lieutenant Nicholas Kincaid stepped up to the challenge just to be terrible humiliated as I was being knocked around silly.

We were then later accompanied by two members of GAZE and continued on to the Bretonnian village where we had a small event to try our skills in battle against eachother. We also meet a traveler in the village who was not shy to partake in the events to unfold.

After some time dueling we ventured to the sheeps pen just West of the village to try out some team combat. Which would prove a valuable experience.

The army got reinforcements in the form of a new recruit named Arul Zal.
After getting the new recruit signed up and equipped we were invited to visit the home of GAZE on an island south-east of Britannia. The ride there was a bit much for my battle hardened guts as I'm not common to the means of traveling by sea, which caused some involuntary body functions to act up.

After seeing the home, we decided to explore this new land as it's fairly unknown to the Bretonnian Kingdom, as our new recruit Arul Zal took point we found many strange buildings on the island.
Some seemed to bear some religious significance, as we couldent find any inhabitants on the island we'd figure they might be a part of some forgotten civilization.

After some time we found yet another building with a staircase leading down below ground, with some doubt we decided to proceed.
I was surprised with the new recruits fearlessness he seemed to stop at nothing as we ventured further down.

Finally after spending our time in the dark caverns we saw light at the end of the tunnel. On the other side we saw a land mass that was massive in size and completely unknown to us. After some exploring we decided to leave and come back at a later time to continue our exploration of these land with greater numbers.

Our captain lead us to a strange looking pillar rising up out of the ocean and as the travel by boat wasent rocky enough I couldent have even have dreamed of what would come next.
She spoke some strange words which I couldent understand and suddenly it felt like my body had been twisted from the inside out and we found ourselfs somewhere else at lost in the middle of nowhere.

After drifting at sea we at last found land, we made a hasty departure trying to find some sort of civilization.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Tournament 17/6-07

A tournament was held last night in the outskirts of Yew.
Participants were low at first but after some time people began to pour out of the gates.

There were only 4 combatants that actually partook in the actual tournament.
These were Kurushima, Illadin, Callisto and Hell Vanguard.

Illadin took on Callisto in the first round where Callisto was victorious after quite a battle.

Next up were Kurushima and Hell Vanguard.
Kurushima bested his opponent in a brief but heated bout.

And finally it was time for Kurushima and Callisto to settle the score in the final fight where Callisto in the end was the one last standing up right.

Tournament Results​

Illadin / Callisto Kurushima / Hell Vanguard
I I I I
--------- ------------
I I
Callisto / Kurushima
I I
-------------------
I
Callisto​

After the tournament some friendly sparring between the present people took place.