UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Let it all burn. Shard wipe!

Re: Let it all burn. Shard wipe!

Earth_Crisis said:
Only thing your known for is being rich and a forum whore. Period.

Revelations your in >!< (shittiest guild ever) and you can see who my characters are if you look this way <------. Legendary Dueler is the only other character I use that isn't listed over there.

Hey douchebag, White SheDevil solo's, she never even rolls with Baja; cumquat (do some research). Shedevil is one of my 15 characters that I play weekly. I have several faction characters and I will go look through my screenshots because I know I have killed your sorry character Trunks several times.

tutorialbs

Sorceror

Ophidian said:
Again thank you nuggets for finding that for me. I remember reading that original UO doc a looooong time ago and another one written for the game Shadowbane. Which accually had a more successful model for economic drain.

Ophidian

No problem.

I remember Shadowbane's drain system was a pain in the ass. My guild and every other guild on the server would have to spend countless hours farming mobs to pay taxes just to keep our cities standing. Sounds like a good plan to keep people from hoarding gold in theory, however it was most definitely not fun in reality. I think we need to remember these are only games, people aren't going to be starving on the streets because the game economy does bad. Players are going to hoard things, causing inflation. It happens in real life as it does in the game. And if they can't hoard things for whatever reason then they're going to complain and probably move to another server, being able to hoard loot is a huge aspect of what keeps players playing.

I agree with you that the economy here is fucked up beyond belief, gold is just so ridiculously easy to get compared to how it used to be. But if you wipe every so often because of it I think you lose more than you gain.

You should check out a post on another forum about another game and UO but almost the exact same topic: The Problems With Unlimited Economies

Gets good around page 3. I had to dig pretty deep for that one.

Trunks2k

Wanderer

Revelations said:
Hey douchebag, White SheDevil solo's, she never even rolls with Baja; cumquat (do some research). Shedevil is one of my 15 characters that I play weekly. I have several faction characters and I will go look through my screenshots because I know I have killed your sorry character Trunks several times.
I'v seen you roll with >!< plenty of times and if you care to back your talk up I'd be more than happy to bitch slap you back to where you came from.

Earth_Crisis said:
I'v seen you roll with >!< plenty of times and if you care to back your talk up I'd be more than happy to bitch slap you back to where you came from.

ok field duel 1 million to winner in any dungeon, you choose.
aim uorevelations, let's set it up. No you havn't seen me rolling with Baja unless it was close to a year ago you lying cuntbag.

Lynyrd

Knight

What's a "cumquat"? Revelations has his very own vocabulary of insults. We will never know...

It is called an education and a dictionary, both new ideas to a cave man like yourself Lyn, but check into it derelict.

PooSlap

Wanderer

nuggets said:
No problem.

I remember Shadowbane's drain system was a pain in the ass. My guild and every other guild on the server would have to spend countless hours farming mobs to pay taxes just to keep our cities standing. Sounds like a good plan to keep people from hoarding gold in theory, however it was most definitely not fun in reality. I think we need to remember these are only games, people aren't going to be starving on the streets because the game economy does bad. Players are going to hoard things, causing inflation. It happens in real life as it does in the game. And if they can't hoard things for whatever reason then they're going to complain and probably move to another server, being able to hoard loot is a huge aspect of what keeps players playing.

I agree with you that the economy here is fucked up beyond belief, gold is just so ridiculously easy to get compared to how it used to be. But if you wipe every so often because of it I think you lose more than you gain.

You should check out a post on another forum about another game and UO but almost the exact same topic: The Problems With Unlimited Economies

Gets good around page 3. I had to dig pretty deep for that one.

Ah You're right thats a pretty good thread man. I dug about 3 or 4 pages into it before I stopped but the original quote or thesis the poster started with was flawed. He said that gold sinks don't work at all. This isn't true. Shadowbane was HARSH. I ran a city and I found the best way to keep the city going was to bring as many people to trade and sell goods to my city as possible. Then setup the trainers and such. Eventually the city grew fairly large and I thankfully sold it for IRL dollars before they closed that shard. I think I sold it a month before they announced its closure.

Money sinks work if they are cleverly done. Lets face it, people on this shard want Clothing Bless Deeds so they don't have to keep getting their cool outfit back together. On the current system there is already an excessive ammount of CBDs. They can be bought from players for a price, thus the gold is recycled at no loss to the player base. But if you setup a vendor to sell the CBDs for say 500k then its different. The gold is lost to the system. It doesn't STOP inflation but it slows it down quite a bit. If inflation increases you can always adjust the CBD price. One time use items such as name change deeds could also be sold for say 750k. The idea is the gold is lost to the SYSTEM. There could be even more clever ways to sink money. I went on one shard that was mostly PvP but had PvM and they had a [hue command which let you hue your clothing any color you liked in the UO paint pallet. But different colors cost different ammounts of money and it was a ONE TIME deal. Things like this could help the economy by slowing inflation. Inflation happens. Im not trying to stop it.

Economic cash flows need to be changed and honestly I think it needs to be wiped. I understand this does somehow affect donation and donation items but go read the definition of donation. The items you got were PERKs. They weren't PURCHASED.. They were DONATED.

Ophidian

Ya you're right, I like the idea. Why don't we just wipe the US, since people just have too much shit now, like expensize jeans and armoni suits to look leet when they go to work. I am going to email my idea to George Bush, let's wipe the Country.

I bet the people in thrid world countries would be down with the wipe, then they would get the chance to put up a cardboard box on the florida coast if they got their by logging in first, or California, that would be great.

STFU You idiot's.

Lynyrd

Knight

Revelations said:
It is called an education and a dictionary, both new ideas to a cave man like yourself Lyn, but check into it derelict.

Actually, "cuntbag" isn't a word. And "cumquat," I just looked up, is a type of tree or shrub.

If this is slang, then I am not familiar with it.

Please attempt to flame someone with an IQ lower then yourself, because it definitely isn't working out for you to try to flame the intelligent.

Trunks2k

Wanderer

Revelations said:
ok field duel 1 million to winner in any dungeon, you choose.
aim uorevelations, let's set it up. No you havn't seen me rolling with Baja unless it was close to a year ago you lying cuntbag.
Stfu you ran with them less than a month ago in del and sure ill field duel you but why in a dungeon? What kind of character you plan on using, a fucking bard?

If I run into other reds when I am soloing and it is 30 on 1. I will usually team up with the reds, but i don't use their vent, guild chat or aim any of them. So if I was pking at del, sure there might have been a few of them as well as many other reds and blues around. I will field you in a dungeon where real pvping takes place on White Shedevil. 1 mil, we can have an admin hold the money, how does deceit sound, we fight until the death, anything 1 v 1 goes.

Antarus

Wanderer

Revelations said:

Education: you failed.
Dictionary: I have seen you spell the words "owned" wrong faggot.

PooSlap

Wanderer

Ophidian is poor in game, he says he has a castle and all this gold... he doesn't everything but the 18x18 he listed is mine.

I think you lost your place bro, I own the castle. the gold... I gave you the 18x18, and my roommate the other 18x18, the shard gets whiped, I will leave. Unfortunatly when I had time to get all of this I didnt have much else to do, now-a-days I have much better things to do then reaquire all of this shit AGAIN. I played before the first shard whipe, its a great shard, good staff, and the BEST shard for PvP... Ryan may or may not believe people will leave, but I love the shard and I just don't have the time nor will to start over again.

Azhul

Wanderer

PooSlap said:
Ophidian is poor in game, he says he has a castle and all this gold... he doesn't everything but the 18x18 he listed is mine.

I think you lost your place bro, I own the castle. the gold... I gave you the 18x18, and my roommate the other 18x18, the shard gets whiped, I will leave. Unfortunatly when I had time to get all of this I didnt have much else to do, now-a-days I have much better things to do then reaquire all of this shit AGAIN. I played before the first shard whipe, its a great shard, good staff, and the BEST shard for PvP... Ryan may or may not believe people will leave, but I love the shard and I just don't have the time nor will to start over again.
ount.

Nbrown202

Wanderer

Revelations said:
Ya you're right, I like the idea. Why don't we just wipe the US, since people just have too much shit now, like expensize jeans and armoni suits to look leet when they go to work. I am going to email my idea to George Bush, let's wipe the Country.

I bet the people in thrid world countries would be down with the wipe, then they would get the chance to put up a cardboard box on the florida coast if they got their by logging in first, or California, that would be great.

STFU You idiot's.

Uhhh yea, there is a fine line between reality and a video game.

Lynyrd

Knight

PooSlap said:

You have UO wealth!