UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Magincia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Magincia

OSI is currently running an event in Magincia. They are doing a ruined city type event so they basically deleted it from the map files and rebuilt the city with statics in game so they could change it on the fly. If you update your client to 6.0.4.0 you will not be able to see the buildings even though they still exist. Hopefully when the event is over they will release a new map file that will resolve all of the issues.

hickman48

Knight
Re: Magincia

ok i have a question are there invisabule wall on osi or did tehy remove them instead of just make them clear

Caine

The walls were removed with patch 6.0.4.0. The server is still on patch 6.0.3.1 which still has walls. So, if you have the new client, and the server has the old one, then you get invisible walls. If you stick with the 6.0.3.1 client you will still see the walls as normal.

SRC_Caine;323326 said:
The walls were removed with patch 6.0.4.0. The server is still on patch 6.0.3.1 which still has walls. So, if you have the new client, and the server has the old one, then you get invisible walls. If you stick with the 6.0.3.1 client you will still see the walls as normal.
Is there any plan in the works to update the server to a newer version? Or are you all perhaps crossing your fingers and waiting for this event to blow over first so we don't have the issue with forcing everyone to patch?

the town itself it still in tact....but the way they are doing this event...I highly doubt they will replace the map.

They are doing this to give each production OSI shard a unique feel. if the players of the shard dont care bout the deamons....they will overrun the city and leave it a smoldering pile a rubble.

the jungle is already starting to have a nice charred look....and the spawn is intense.

http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j306/xeres01/magincia nov 07/

as it stands....I HIGHLY doubt magincia will ever looks the same.

xeres;324741 said:
as it stands....I HIGHLY doubt magincia will ever looks the same.
Wow. Pretty nice. As I recall, though, wasn't Magincia destroyed anyway by the time of Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar? Hence how it became the "city of humility?" I've seen things in UO that suggest that OSI is doing some progression through some of the things that happened in the original series. For instance, the appearance of "blackrock" from Ultima VII: The Black Gate, and the earlier betrayal of Lord Blackthorne as seen increasingly in the series.

for your viewing pleasure....I took an rpv of the carnage this afternoon...

Magincia is being leveled. About half way through, you will actually see the explosion that blows away buildings. You'll know it when you see it :D

Dont expect OSI to put Magincia back together again either.....

xaxas: those are your basic DFs, but these are more annoying. the fun ones are the white light deamons.

Attachments

• Lord Xeres_11-18_18.37.rpv
    716.6 KB · Views: 187

So I might be correct that my previous post's prediction was correct? Interesting, then, to see the history of Britannia played out again in UO, though it'll be sad to see Magincia go.

Crog

Wanderer

For the record, I play on OSI and this event is hella fuin, and hard. sucks tho, mag was a great town.... yall wont like it when its done. Can you say parking lot?

Lycan_HoB

Wanderer

People used to place houses on the beach at Mags. What about those structures? Was there compensation for the owners, or are they training grounds for the house-hiding guilds?:confused:

the housing area was spared, as well as the faction base....but pretty much every other structure in Magincia has been leveled by the greed of people trying to claim the rubble.

Magincia has been wiped...and the event isn't even over yet...

Caine

At this time we are not allowing house placement in Magincia. A pillar has been added in game to notify people of this.

bilabong

Account Terminated

i thought magincia was a great town but now ya got tokono and malas and illish etc etc when i take noobs there or did there like wow ive never been here before i say bring back just tramm and fel :p

Status
Not open for further replies.