UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Necro/weaver/mage against bloods

Necro/weaver/mage against bloods

Any advice? lol got my ass kicked, went in a bit unprepared, for one didnt havea slayer

butthey dispell furries

i heard feys do ok but no room for a lot of sw

current template is 115 resist 100 necro 110 ss 110 eval 100 mage 100 med some in ana but im moving it to sw so i think im guna have 60-70 sw but that will have to be lowerd when i raise resist ss and eval

also any idea what sw u do need to cast feys consistantly (if that is even a good option)

the char is mainly a champ char but wana be able to kill bloods on the side

Gisela

Bug Hunter
Re: Necro/weaver/mage against bloods

Try poison field. That might keep them too busy casting cure to dispel your furies.

Enlightener

Sorceror

I think you need 76 spellweaving to never fail the Summon fey.
You will need a slayer spellbook, and in wraith form, spam energy bolts or lighting.
And Gisela is right, cast Poison field, it keep them busy.

Am runing: 115 magery, 115 eval, 115 spirit, 100 necro, 100 medit, 100 spellweaving, and the rest in resist, and is working very good ( i still miss the 115 resist, but you learn to cast invis and cast furies)

Yea i feel 100 magery is plenty for me, id love 100 sw but doin champs and possible PvP i dont see dropping resist as an option

the necroweaver is the best choice against them :)

First of all, ensure you have at least FC 2 on jewels and a (blood) elem slayer spellbook, or a blood elem spellbook with FC (it would cost much, though).

Now, get an arcane focus. Raise spellweaving at least to 80 so you can get it from the Arcane Circle in Britain. Ensure you can cast 5 feys at time.

All you have to do is, in order:
- summon feys -> all kill
- corpseskin - explosion - flamestrike - evil omen - pain spike
- fireballs

For paragons:
- feys - all kill
- corpseskin and 1 fireball

and in loop:
- feys - all kill
- 2 or 3 fireballs (or a flamestrike)

Insert also poison field so it will be busy to its poison and would dispel feys harder.

mordredrs

Sorceror

I have a template like this, but never used poison field to avoid monsters dispelling my NF's. Great idea, i'll try later tonight...

mordredrs

Sorceror

Daedalus, do you think a scribemage with SW a good template to replace de necroweaver against blood elem, balrons and dragons?

Thinking in something like:

inscription - 100
magery - 120
eval int - 100
medit - 110
resist - 100
spellweaving - 110 (cos WoD can't fail)
poisoning - 80 (200 in poisoning + magery for deadly poison)

And good FC/FCR jewelry and suit with LMC and luck...

str 100 / dex 15 / int 110

mordredrs;585760 said:
Daedalus, do you think a scribemage with SW a good template to replace de necroweaver against blood elem, balrons and dragons?

Thinking in something like:

inscription - 100
magery - 120
eval int - 100
medit - 110
resist - 100
spellweaving - 110 (cos WoD can't fail)
poisoning - 80 (200 in poisoning + magery for deadly poison)

And good FC/FCR jewelry and suit with LMC and luck...

str 100 / dex 15 / int 110

In PVM usually there is need to leech mana, and you don't have necro nor SS. I presume you have 120 magery to enhance poisoning (105 is already good for PvM).

Looks like your template is half between PvM and PvP. Maybe you can stand dragons, but not balrons and I don't think paragon blood elems: you need to cast continuosly and you need a continuous source of mana that only wraith form can guarantee.

Ah, WoD can fail at 110. Also at 115.

SaferSephiroth

Sorceror

7xGM necromage has never once steered me wrong.

GM Necro
GM SS
GM Mage
GM Eval
GM Resist
GM Med
GM Wrestle

85str/15dex/125int

I've NEVER had a problem taking down anything except for paragon balrons/ancient wyrms

im looking at champs where raids can come in, i dont think i would deal enough damage

so the main thing to change a necroweaver mage to fight bloods is guna be gear, since u need high resist to have a chance from raids i plan on raising eval higher, current at 110 and want 115+ ss currently have 110. with 115 resist and i raised SW to 70 to try some feys, dropping ana to 0

SaferSephiroth

Sorceror

So your not gonna have a weapon skill? Are you using a staff of the magi? Otherwise your gonna get frigging ROCKED by spawn/anyone with a weapon.

my GM and a few others in guild rock spawns with this template without a wep, but im not really planning on pvping a lot the main thing is to be good at spawns and do some pvm,

and im no where near affording anything fancy like staff of magi :p

plus for spawns u use slayers, im not trying to really be a pvper with this char lol just have some defence chance with guild

Seyulshehir;585905 said:
So your not gonna have a weapon skill? Are you using a staff of the magi? Otherwise your gonna get frigging ROCKED by spawn/anyone with a weapon.

staff of power is also good. -15 magery skill is not a big loss, and you have both defense chance by using a weapon and 5% SDI that can help you much during wither spammings.

True, maybe use that early on and switch to slayer for later tiers

what do people think is really the best template from this genre? like would cutting necro be worthwhile sine NF can take most of the lower levels anyway? giving u 2 skills to use elsewhere

mordredrs

Sorceror

A lot of posts says to not spend points in resist, since it isn't a pvp template. But some monsters use paralise, mana drain and mind blast. So, i'd like to know if resist wouldn't be a wast for a pvm necrowizard.

i use it just since if u go to champs u probably will get raided at some point and it helps against spawn, but i kinda wonderd myself if gm+sw wouldnt be better

Tempest

Knight

The day that psz increased the respawn rate I tested my spawner out at blood dungeon and I utterly destroyed them in like 2 seconds flat.

Tempest`s template:
115 SW
115 SS
110 Mage
110 Eval
110 Med
110 Necro
50 Focus

Obviously this template wasn`t finished yet, but either way, with just an Elemental Slayer book and a Kasa, I casted 2-3 furies, Explosion, Corpse Skin, Magic Arrow, Fireball, Painspike, and that should be it. It was really quick. The furies weren`t even level 1 focus.

Just food for thought, don`t rely on your furies to do the damage, rely on them to do the tanking while you sit back in wraith form bombing the hell out of them.

Oh and for paragons, just spam 5 furies (4 FC really helps) and lay down a poison field as fast as possible. You don`t need the actual poisoning skill as the paragon will mostlikely cure it anyway, you just want to keep the paragon from casting anything other than cure on itself while you bomb it to hell with corpse skin + fire damage spells. Another double whammy with corpse skin is that the furies have 100% poison damage and corpse drops poison by 15%, further increasing your damage output.

do u champ with this char or just bloods? my problem is feeling i need some resist to be able to be at champs

fearofthedawn;589051 said:
do u champ with this char or just bloods? my problem is feeling i need some resist to be able to be at champs

In an old post I read someone saying you need at least 60 resist to avoid to be paralyzed from a monster.

Those 50 focus are just for about 2-3 MR more, maybe you want to use those points for resist instead.
About magery, you don't need 110 for PvM: 105 is enough not to fail 7th circle spells (flamestrike). Values over 105 are IMHO only for writing better books and for PvP (more HP recovered with Heal, better chance to cure with Cure)
Why 110 necro? 100 necro is enough not to fail Wither, and Strangle is much likely a PvP spell.

so im at 100 necro 110 ss 110 eval 115 resist 100 mage 100 med 70 SW

think it would be better to dropresist down to 60 and raise SW? Mainly a champ char but id like to not die instantly in pvp either