UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Capture the Flag Arena - King of the Hill

Ness

Wanderer
New Capture the Flag Arena - King of the Hill

The arena is complete and ready for unveiling. The christening CTF will be held this Wednesday night (Perhaps Saturday night?) at 6:00 PM CST.

While I am incredibly excited to present this arena and CTF to you all early, perhaps I am a little too eager. If there are those who would like to participate but cannot on Wednesday, perhaps I should push it to Saturday night. The problem is that Finals are coming up next week, and I would have preferred to spend the weekend studying. But I am willing to push the CTF to Saturday night if people would really prefer this night.

For future reference, the quote "You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar." is quite relevant here. I am of course willing to listen to any and all requests, but those expressed with a rude, impatient, or uncooperative nature will most likely be ignored.

There will be four teams and one flag. The four teams will have bases lying in each of the four corners and in the very center of the arena is a tower to be captured and defended. The team which holds this middle tower can then run its flag from the summit of the tower to their corner base. The corner bases contain locked doors that can only be opened from within. Therefore the only way into the corner base is for someone within to open the door for you. This is to make it easy for players to get out but difficult for enemies to get in. I designed it this way to discourage enemy flag captures and focus the attention on the middle tower.

Here's hoping you all have an excellent time!

~Ness

Woody III

Wanderer
Re: New Capture the Flag Arena - King of the Hill

are dexers allowed? how about a CTF for late night tonight, say midnite eastern time? lol

Ness

Wanderer

Frumpy said:
are dexers allowed? how about a CTF for late night tonight, say midnite eastern time? lol
Dexxers are of course allowed. It will be a standard 7x with potions. Sorry to say, as much as I'd love to do a CTF as soon as possible, I want to allow as many people to join as want to, and the short notice would lead to a much smaller turnout.

i think that postponing until wendsday will turnout plenty of people as long as the tounament starts before nine-o-clock eastern standard

Muchas Grasias to the staff for the new arena
Weloveyouguys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ness

Wanderer

legalyzeit said:
i think that postponing until wendsday will turnout plenty of people as long as the tounament starts before nine-o-clock eastern standard

Muchas Grasias to the staff for the new arena
Weloveyouguys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hehe, actually, the question is whether to postpone it from Wednesday until Saturday.

hivajisa

Wanderer

it would have been a good event if certain things didnt happen to my pk account

CowboyP

Wanderer

THAT WAS AWESOME! I'd love more of those. It would be nice to beable to do one early in the day too.

Armelo

Wanderer

I suggest better names personally, I think the Darkness Fire Ice Water got old fast and the broadcasting every thirty seconds :) I liked the arena, but the corner ones screwed you over when you tried to cap and no one inside was at the comp to open up. It kind of got tiring when you sat on the other side waiting for someone to open and then you die from not being able to cap em.

Ok here are some stuff I didn't like too much about CTF...

1. Too many people, it was just a orgy of choas really
2. Rules not explain too well, could be just me cause I came late but I didn't understand much of what was going on.
3. Unlimited pots = no good. Least the heal ones.

other than that, its pretty fun, espiecally if you can get good team work going

Armelo said:
I suggest better names personally, I think the Darkness Fire Ice Water got old fast and the broadcasting every thirty seconds :) I liked the arena, but the corner ones screwed you over when you tried to cap and no one inside was at the comp to open up. It kind of got tiring when you sat on the other side waiting for someone to open and then you die from not being able to cap em.

personally, I liked the broadcasting.. gave me soemthig to read while waiting to respawn ;/

Ness

Wanderer

Armelo said:
Point taken, I won't be so broadcast-happy next time. :)

One of the main points was that teams needed to work together to capture the tower, defend it, and defend their own base at the same time. If a team works well together, they will have teammates inside the base ready to open the doors for their capturing members. Another thing to note, the members on the team that wins generally gets better prizes than the members on losing teams. Therefore, in order to win the most, you should really concentrate on winning as a team. :)