UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New Capture the Flag Arena - King of the Hill

Armelo

Wanderer
Re: New Capture the Flag Arena - King of the Hill

Ness said:
Point taken, I won't be so broadcast-happy next time. :)

One of the main points was that teams needed to work together to capture the tower, defend it, and defend their own base at the same time. If a team works well together, they will have teammates inside the base ready to open the doors for their capturing members. Another thing to note, the members on the team that wins generally gets better prizes than the members on losing teams. Therefore, in order to win the most, you should really concentrate on winning as a team. :)

Check your IRC pm's got a few more things but your not responding :)

Ness

Wanderer

Khadgar346 said:
Ok here are some stuff I didn't like too much about CTF...

1. Too many people, it was just a orgy of choas really
2. Rules not explain too well, could be just me cause I came late but I didn't understand much of what was going on.
3. Unlimited pots = no good. Least the heal ones.

I agree, the mass number of players can get to be chaotic, but that's part of the CTF frenzy, and there's not much I'll be able to do about that. The rules have been posted in this thread for at least a few days now and were open for discussion beforehand. But I am sorry for not posting them sooner. Unlimited Pots is always a debatable ruleset, but for the most part, CTFs without potions are generally disasterous. I think I will disable Heal potions for Saturday's CTF, though.

Ajax

Lord

I liked the unlimited pots, and I enjoyed the arena as well, however i didn't know what was going on the rules were a bit fuzzy. Thanks!

rod420

Wanderer

definitely do it saturday night, i missed last nites :(

hivajisa

Wanderer

hopefullly ill get my pk char in time for saturday but if not im sure there will be another one

<Balir>

Sorceror

Walrus 4TW said:
lotsa fun :D but mana regen was really really slow :<

Yeah i found myself standing around quite alot when waiting for my mana, made worse by constantly being under attack by hally mages xD.
Overall I enjoyed the event, though i was finding it pretty hard to get any organisation in the water team, apart from a few individuals. Perhaps give 5 mins before doors can be opened to let teams decide what they're actually going to do, might help seeing as you're teamed randomly.

It was a nice idea and it worked pretty well for a first time so /cheer !

Dopamine

Wanderer

Nice arena.
Base door locking system is a good idea.
CTF Every day I hope :p

Ness

Wanderer

<Balir> said:
Perhaps give 5 mins before doors can be opened to let teams decide what they're actually going to do, might help seeing as you're teamed randomly.
This is actually a great idea. I think I will do something like this to let teams get organized before the game starts. I'll just block all of the doors for 5-10 minutes at the start of the game and let teams organize things.

Ness

Wanderer

There will be a second CTF held at the arena today (Saturday) at 6:00PM CST.

something needs to be done about people who afk in the doorway on their alts while on a diff team so that we can't close the doors.

i had a bad time because my team were asshats but the event itself is cool.

mysterrnc

Wanderer

greatest event of all time loved it can't wait til the next one love you guys and thanks a million

Farrel

Sorceror

Hey just want to say Thank for the CTF Im not much of a pvp so this is the only time I PvP Love the new Arena

Road Dogg

Wanderer

I think the organization time could be cut in half...but other than that it was good....and lets do this event MORE OFTEN? thanks <3