UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New dueling flavours

Nacho123

Wanderer
New dueling flavours

I think that razor and krrios clients should be banned in the use of duelling or any pvp in that matter. But too many crybabies would complain and so far it has gotten nowhere. Nonetheless i think the admin should add a new dueling flavour to the dueling system, no macros and no 3rd party clients. Some players cannot use 3rd party programs due to mishaps in their pc`s and it allows pvp to become unfair yet again. People claim they can own anyone but turn off razor and krrios and they cant do much anymore...... ;) :p :D

Atriox

Sorceror
Don't be mad at others because your computer is a piece of shit. Dueling with all spell icons would be stupid because everyone's timing would be aweful. That wouldn't be be a challenge at all, and all of 2 people would do it.

zarag

Wanderer
I think that's an interesting point, and would be a cool flavor to add. In addition to that, I think the flavor "Street Fight" should be added too, with a larger arena (including some obstacles) and "anything goes" rules (exp pots allowed, for instance), just like real pvp.

Maybe even have some "gankfest" tourneys.... 2 or 3 v 1... who ever lasts the longest wins, special points for killing any of the "gank" team members.

Nacho123

Wanderer
As i said most people will bitch at the idea cus noone can pvp without macros or 3rd party programs. Proves how much you guys roxxor eh? :p

Kinda sucks cause I never bothered with scripts or macros other than the ones you can make in ou. I've seen some PvP scripts with spells, that just make things ridiculous. I would only hope that since it's avalable to some people, it should be MADE aval. to everyone. Like a section for posting PvP scripts and such.....

Mike-hybrid

Wanderer
nachos said:
As i said most people will bitch at the idea cus noone can pvp without macros or 3rd party programs. Proves how much you guys roxxor eh? :p

I'd go for this because the only real reason I use KUOC is for party targetting, pot chugging, and auto pickup/leapfrog. As for actually casting spells, and choosing my targets, its the same for me on any client. Contrary to popular belief KUOC's macros are the same as OSI client. It doesnt make you any faster/better at casting spells.

So yea, Id be up for that, and Id still own you Nacho.

I think that'd be rather spiffy.. but I don't think people would know what to do without their leet razor macs (I wouldn't... bandage macros are teh leet.)

I think that's an interesting point, and would be a cool flavor to add. In addition to that, I think the flavor "Street Fight" should be added too, with a larger arena (including some obstacles) and "anything goes" rules (exp pots allowed, for instance), just like real pvp.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. but couldn't you just go to Brit and do that? :p

zarag

Wanderer
Character Name said:
Correct me if I'm wrong.. but couldn't you just go to Brit and do that? :p
In a duel and/or tourney? Not sure if you're just joking, but if not, then where? I go play at the graveyard and moongate a lot, but that's hardly 1v1, and definately is no tourney, lol.

Nacho123

Wanderer
All the top pvpers in the shard claim they dont use any 3rd party programs, yet if you use macros to arm/disarm there is a delay, then how do they arm/disarm so fast..... I wonder why? There must be some way of telling if a player is using a 3rd party program or not so it shouldnt be that hard to add to the dueling flavours. Even regular uo macros should be a removable flavour, but one step at a time i guess.

zarag said:
In a duel and/or tourney? Not sure if you're just joking, but if not, then where? I go play at the graveyard and moongate a lot, but that's hardly 1v1, and definately is no tourney, lol.

That's true.. but you said "real pvp", and real pvp is hardly ever 1v1 :p

And yes I was mostly joking.

That would be fairly neat for a tourny idea though..

Azmira_Zalof

Wanderer
So you're suggesting since your computer sucks to badly to handle a 3rd party application, they should be banned, and we should all double click icons and target the person without a last target macro? No thanks, that'd be stupid and pointless. Why would you remove it? The macros don't make you cast faster, maybe you should just work on your pvp eh? :rolleyes:

.. maybe you should just work on your reading skills, eh? :rolleyes:

He stated that he was suggesting they add a new flavour to the pvp system that would accomodate people who wanted to pvp without 3rd party applictations, not that they be banned.. sigh.

And you can easily make macros in just the normal UO client to cast spells and such.. so in no way would you need to click the icons or anything.. lordy.

M

Mark

Well, the point is moot. KUOC and Razor are both undetectable.

Azmira_Zalof

Wanderer
Nacho said:
I think that razor and krrios clients should be banned in the use of duelling or any pvp in that matter.

Looks like he said banned to me? Maybe my reading skills aren't that good.
:rolleyes:

Nacho said:
Even regular uo macros should be a removable flavour

Wow even the regular UO macros? Looks like he does want double clicking spells. Before insulting someone's reading skills, maybe you should make sure your IQ is above 60 before posting, hrm?

Exuse me, sir, my IQ is nearly 62, thank you very much.

I think that razor and krrios clients should be banned in the use of duelling or any pvp in that matter. But too many crybabies would complain and so far it has gotten nowhere. Nonetheless i think the admin should add a new dueling flavour to the dueling system, no macros and no 3rd party clients

He said that, yes, but the point of the post was to say that there should be a flavour without them, not that they should be removed..
Just beacuse he says somethign doesn's mean he's pushing for it, bud.

Even regular uo macros should be a removable flavour, but one step at a time i guess.

Yet again, don't take one part of what he said and assume it's what he meant..

And he's not saying in any way you would have to play by these rules.. a flavour in the dueling system is so people can try different things, and use what they like.. it doesn't apply to the whole shard.

:rolleyes:

Azmira_Zalof

Wanderer
Just because he says something doesn't mean he's pushing for it.

So are you implying that he doesn't support what he says, and just spews suggestions for the hell of it? He said, and I quote, "I think they should be banned" suggesting that he does indeed want it banned. He's not asking for it to be banned, because as he stated, no one would agree, but that doesn't change the fact that he does want it banned.

Flapjack

Wanderer
omg u used macros....thats gay irl =/

Rofl Nachos, sounds to me like your whining cause u either cant figure out how to use Razor, or suck just as much with it as you without it. As for not using macros? If u cant figure out how to program ur spells to some keys on the keyboard I dont even know why u bother dueling. You talk about "adding" to the experience of dueling, but what you are really talking about is everyone having to stoop to your level of shitty performance to make things more "fair" for you. Heres a tip, macro some spells to F1-F12 and go practice. When I see your name at the top of the duel leaders, then I'll listen to what you have to say about improving duels.

when the fuck did double clicking icons show skill? im sorry but that does seem really dumb, but if it was an option like 5x duel or 7x duel it couldnt hurt i just wouldnt do it