UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New server... New shard?

Pre rennisance server?

• Yes, that would be amazing. Get back hundreds of retired players

Votes: 97 58.4%
  • No. state the reason

Votes: 56 33.7%
  • Is that even possible? Ryan?!?!?

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

raithianellis

Sorceror
Re: New server... New shard?

Zakk said:
That is Richard Garriott and he is the man. Or at least he was until EA stole his soul and destroyed his legacy. Now he hangs out in Korea and makes some Lineage crap.

His house is amazing, if you haven't seen it, find a picture. Just thought I'd add that. His house IRL that is...

Lorthic

Knight

And, a Ren-era server would be perfect. No custom housing, no AOS-style gumps... just plain old, plain old. =)

itr624

Wanderer

it will never happen cause everyones ip changes or u can get it changed, need to make extra accounts open for donations and only have 1 account somehow

TheRemedy

Sorceror

I think I'd have to disagree with this return of retired players. I think most people take a month off of UO and come back out of boredom. A lot of people that left did not leave on good terms, they won't come back, the people that are taking a break will eventually come back. Where are these players that are surfing the forums to wait for somthing new to come out so they can start all over again?? Doesn't really seem logical

Lorthic

Knight

TheRemedy said:
I think I'd have to disagree with this return of retired players. I think most people take a month off of UO and come back out of boredom. A lot of people that left did not leave on good terms, they won't come back, the people that are taking a break will eventually come back. Where are these players that are surfing the forums to wait for somthing new to come out so they can start all over again?? Doesn't really seem logical
well spoken

itr624

Wanderer

TheRemedy said:
Y is it there is 60 people waiting in an irc channel for updates when a shard isnt even up yet. In my years of uo i never made hundreds of friends but i have alot of good friends. They havent touched uo in over 9 months i messenged them about the shard and they will all be back 100%. Trust me they quit cause of these lame updates EA made and will come back to what they loved. im sure im not the only 1 that will be brining people back.

Shoshin

Wanderer

This sounds like a very cool idea, and I would like to know more about the ruleset for that era. Anone care to point me in the right direction for some detailed info?

TiA

-F

colombia

Wanderer

Originally Posted by colombia
for those who don't know hte difference between the two rulesets are, no mounts, no special moves. no eval+ anatomy =wrestling. no inscription , lumberjacking, alchemy, bonuses. gery corpses for everyone, no custom housing, no secure containers. heal over poison. insta hit, and many other small things like . no limit on followeres or, the usual tank mage template will be the perfect for this ruleset, meditation, evaluating, wrestling, magery, resist, tactics, and weapon class ,, thats basicall it

rage played an insta hit server once.... we destroyed the group pvp on there almost instantly with heavy xbows... uo will NEVER be what it used to be. you should all stop trying lol

colombia

Wanderer

rebirth is a pre t2a server, has a different ruleset, and skill. so this will be a new experience for the runuo team :)

Tachion

Wanderer

Red Star said:
Well Rebirth is a T2A and I don't like those but Demise is a really good shard...

No... rebirth is pretty much UO when it first came out...

For example: the only way to get in a house is with a key. If your key is stolen, they own your house. Tents were placed around houses to make a "secure" courtyard to recall into.

And don't forget Dread Lords.

In other words, Rebirth is wayyyyy before T2A.

Status
Not open for further replies.