UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

New server... New shard?

Pre rennisance server?

• Yes, that would be amazing. Get back hundreds of retired players

Votes: 97 58.4%
  • No. state the reason

Votes: 56 33.7%
  • Is that even possible? Ryan?!?!?

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New server... New shard?

cursis said:
I couldn't care less about that shit... UO is about PvP and you can't say shit otherwise.... Shit hits the fan when anybody starts catering to the PvM/RP shitcrowd.
Theres a pretty big amount of RPs on UOG:H and there all pretty damn cool and lots of fun.

Mustafa

Wanderer

As long as its RP pvp, thats cool.. but when it gets into lame bullshit it just gets stupid.

Vkamicht

Wanderer

I take back what I said... UO is entirely a roleplaying game.

Proof:

colombia

Wanderer

guys everyone join the irc chnanel, don't forget..
Server: irc.runuo.com
channel: #divinity

join and idle, prettyy good talks all around :)

StylingPaT^

Wanderer

i just went to uodivinity.com and so i take it that a new server is coming out. what are the rulesets?

dankeggo

Wanderer

When Rebirth first came up I played it with QC and Booshnig for a while, it was cool, You had to farm alot, But the PvP was pretty hardcore.

Zakk

Wanderer

Vkamicht said:
I take back what I said... UO is entirely a roleplaying game.

Proof:

That is Richard Garriott and he is the man. Or at least he was until EA stole his soul and destroyed his legacy. Now he hangs out in Korea and makes some Lineage crap.

colombia said:
for those who don't know hte difference between the two rulesets are, no mounts, no special moves. no eval+ anatomy =wrestling. no inscription , lumberjacking, alchemy, bonuses. gery corpses for everyone, no custom housing, no secure containers. heal over poison. insta hit, and many other small things like . no limit on followeres or, the usual tank mage template will be the perfect for this ruleset, meditation, evaluating, wrestling, magery, resist, tactics, and weapon class :)

OMG This gave me a boner! and much mroe!

Pope-hybrid

Sorceror

richmix said:
I like the idea of a pre-ren server, but creating it within a new shard on the same server is a bad idea. If I were to go pre-ren, I would want it to be slow skill gain (but still macroing allowed and no 8x8 necessary to make cost instead of time the real issue), and I would want to start on a level playing field with everyone else. Part of the major old school UO concept was that a character with 80 magery was actually good. Very good. And you had to work very hard to do it. I liked that because it rewarded hard core gamers and casual gamers alike.

HOWEVER: I am voting no to this. Why? I do not think population growth would support it. Creating a new server will draw players away from Hybrid, which would not be so bad if they were replaced by the new incoming folks. The issue: they won't be. The whole reason people want a new server and/or people may rejoin UO is because they are not happy with Hybrid or other currently-standing servers. This problem would ensure an underpopulated new server, while at the same time causing Hybrid to become underpopulated as well. If the player-base drops too low, so will the quality of the in-game experience, regardless of whether you approve of game mechanics. This same issue comes up with the possibility of a dual-faceted system. The current server population just doesn't support it (or at least not well enough to justify the risk).

Hope you see where I'm going with this. I like the idea, but I unfortunately think it is very dangerous for the UOGamers community.

I agree with this 100%. While it would be nice, all that it would ensure is two under-populated shards. I mean, did anyone play ShadowBane? Every time they released a new server, two others died.

tapio

Wanderer

Pope said:
I agree with this 100%. While it would be nice, all that it would ensure is two under-populated shards. I mean, did anyone play ShadowBane? Every time they released a new server, two others died.

I miss my Huntress.

Pope said:

lol newbs, If this was the case UOG-H wouldnt have the player base they do now. People find a sever they like and stay. at first there will be a surge of UOG-Hrids going to Div to check it out. Some will stay others will move back. While this is happening new will players will be joining the UOG community as a whole altogether and choosing UOG-H, or Div. Also remeber UOG-H carries a reputation, and name already.

Mazer

UOGamers: Divinity Forum Moderator

Pope said:

Hybrid might take a hit, but I don't think too many people here will completely stop playing Hybrid since they'd have to start all over.

Plus, this will draw a huge amount of 'retired' players.

Status
Not open for further replies.