UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Perma Gate costing too much sugguestion

Vander Nars

Sorceror
Or we could solve this by making more gates available for players. I know KoV can afford it, but we already have 24/7 gater with a server, and we have no problem using that, and the player that hosting it for KoV is happy doing it, and I was just trying to make a valid point about how flawed the gate system is, and trying to point it out that there is a better way to use the perma gate rather than just have limit 7.
I gave you 3 real options, what your proposing is not gonna happen. There not gonna change the system just because you wanna make more profit from your employees/guild mates.

silvertiger

Knight
I agree that 50kk is a better gold sink than 35kk, but I don't agree with your guild reasons behind the idea. You are robbing your guild mates. Your guild mates would make more gp buying a permagate and selling at market price than selling to you.

Bama

Bug Huntress

Let me start by saying this:
What you sell and for how much I really don't care but you might need to reevaluate some of your items/prices

You are selling armor (at a low price) but it is also armor that gets dropped to the ground in Luna for anyone for free
Do the math

Another thing
You either need to pay more attention to your inventory and vendors or you are trying to trick potential buyers

Your Leather Vendor is selling Boards not Barbed
Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed Boards Barbed Boards Barbed Board Barbed.................................. Confusing isn't it?

480K for 60K Boards
We did the math

-zapperscam.gif

Maybe your problem with the Perma gate is somewhere between your seat and your screen?

Last edited:

Morcheeba

Wanderer
@Opywang I think your out of your depth trying to market things dude. Stick to more simple things.
You clearly dont understand how BALANCED the Perma Gate system is! Limiting the perma-gates to a small number of gates means that they are ONLY available for the people that can afford it or have enough stock to outway the cost of the gate, but are used most profitably to DUMP a large amount of stock in a single month and NOT used over a prolonged period.
The fact that player perma-gates (24/7 gaters) are allowed is a blessing so you should pick your spot and stay there. People will soon recognize where your gate is.

If your having trouble selling your stock as fast as it comes in then either lower the prices or stop buying more of that item.

Luke_Smash

Wanderer
Or we could solve this by making more gates available for players. I know KoV can afford it, but we already have 24/7 gater with a server, and we have no problem using that, and the player that hosting it for KoV is happy doing it, and I was just trying to make a valid point about how flawed the gate system is, and trying to point it out that there is a better way to use the perma gate rather than just have limit 7.

I thought this too, before considering that it is the richest players that are willing to pay 7kk, and therefore the gate system is one means of not only "gold syncing" but a means of targeting the right gold/players, that is the wealthy ones. A better topic would be the reason for "gold syncing"? Is it a realistic threat? Well, sure it is, especially when there are only so many things to purchase in the game. Also, I have to agree with you on the gate system being flawed, but I do lack knowledge as of now, to be sure. For example, if running 50-100 perma gates is too strenuous on the server or staff then I see the reason for capping it at 7 etc... Although, if not, then I think there should be more, for a lower value, and another means of gold syncing should be implemented. Why? Because it is a valuable commodity and limiting to players who can afford 7kkish a month which is inequality to new players and less active ones. Man i really would like a perma gate for 1kk, but wait how long would it take before half or more of them were empty? Gosh wouldn't that be lame, 100 perma gates and 70 of them are empty. Eos, please dont troll us.

No, seriously, guys, if you took a second to consider the goldsync question, perhaps you came across the question of why we need a gold sync. The problem isnt in a means of gold syncing, the problem is in the game design and more critical the specific structure of Demise. Where we have only limited many items to buy, but automated afk money makers(4 accnts per player, typically) we see this need for gold syncing, and now we all debate on the processes of the sync, rather than the causation of it. If we made the perma gates more fluent and less valuable, then we would have more gold issues on the server which is worse. SO , we would need a new means of gold syncing, ex. DSD, but then we would have this same feelings/conversation on that. Fucking illuminati! No, No, natures a bitch, get use to it, understand it, respect it, impact it....idc, but be happy, bros!

Just some ideas, I really dont know for sure, and dont care too much for the topic, hope it helps. :D

Wow guys lol....

I was just speaking freely I really don't need the perma gate, and I was just trying to show the public how the perma gate works, and how hard it is to get them even for a guild that makes around 10kk gold income a day from within is still struggling with that.

There is many players that make gate 24/7 running servers casting gate all day long, and it would make more sense to have a gold sink rather than players running a gate so why not let players add a gate instead of running it 24/7 on a PC?

There is enough room to place 50 perma gate, and plenty more so why not make different grade of perma gate the one in front where it is now is the highest paid gate, and the one on the wall is the cheaper version of perma gate?

Here this is my prediction.

50 perma gate for 1kk each, and 7 perma gate for 7kk

Some rich guy thought about why not get all of it so he decided to get 7 perma gate, and paid 48kk then he bought the other 50 perma gate also so he spent a total of 98kk, but the good news is he won't be able to do that again cause he gonna get broke sometime so haha.

It's still a win, and win 98kk worth of gold sink!

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
Wow guys lol....

I was just speaking freely I really don't need the perma gate, and I was just trying to show the public how the perma gate works, and how hard it is to get them even for a guild that makes around 10kk gold income a day from within is still struggling with that.

There is many players that make gate 24/7 running servers casting gate all day long, and it would make more sense to have a gold sink rather than players running a gate so why not let players add a gate instead of running it 24/7 on a PC?

There is enough room to place 50 perma gate, and plenty more so why not make different grade of perma gate the one in front where it is now is the highest paid gate, and the one on the wall is the cheaper version of perma gate?

Here this is my prediction.

50 perma gate for 1kk each, and 7 perma gate for 7kk

Some rich guy thought about why not get all of it so he decided to get 7 perma gate, and paid 48kk then he bought the other 50 perma gate also so he spent a total of 98kk, but the good news is he won't be able to do that again cause he gonna get broke sometime so haha.

It's still a win, and win 98kk worth of gold sink!
Believe it or not there are people who could buy all those gates for 3-4 years without going broke, but it doesn't work that way. You don't understand how it works, so why are you trying to explain it to us.

DWN WTH VLWS

Sorceror
Lol the funny part is - you're trying to get a permanent gate for your guild so you can buy and re-sell at a markup, from your guild....if your guild gets a permanent gate there would be no reason for you as the middleman and you'd be even more poor solely because you're an idiot....

Nailed it!!!!!

Then make more different grade 1kk like 100 of it, 5kk like 50 of it, 10kk like 25 of it. The highest cost gate is the most popular area, or whatever it is so player will look for higher quality stuff, or know where the quality gate is located at.

I don't think the richest person can afford 100kk a month for 3 or 4 years. The richest on shard may have several billions maybe I don't know, but still why would they waste it, but even if they waste it there at least helping the shard with gold sink.

Also don't forget to add the 25kk gate, 50kk gate, and also a 100kk gate right at Luna bank in the center or better yet center of mall :p.

Last edited:

MB

Knight
I don't think the richest person can afford 100kk a month for 3 or 4 years. The richest on shard may have several billions maybe I don't know, but still why would they waste it, but even if they waste it there at least helping the shard with gold sink.
If adding a gate increases monthly profit by about 300 million due to added traffic, then it is still a good deal and worth buying at 100kk. I can't understand what your guild is wrong so that:

Honestly even 1kk is too much, but it's about what KoV can afford a month.

25 billion! wow damn!

O.K. I was just trying to cover all ground, and be like myth buster go big to bust the myth, and i went big, and now you prove me wrong that even if demis did try to do a gold sink it still won't be effective so the perma gate thing is just ineffective for gold sink.

Since that gate will not work, or be effective for gold sink so why don't they just give up, and let us all have a perma gate?

Last edited:

silvertiger

Knight
So you have to lie to cover up your stupidity.

Math equations:

50 1kk gates + 7 7kk gates= 99kk

99kk x 12 months = 1.188kkk or 1,188kk

1.188 kkk x 3 years = 3.564kkk
or 3,564kk
or 3,564,000k
or 3,564,000,000gp
or 3,546 USD

There are at least 3 people who could pay this. BTW that picture is fake.