UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Private island houses

Status
Not open for further replies.

M a r k u s

Wanderer
Re: Private island houses

girtrute;1740009 said:
Anyone know how much they donated for Island with 18x18 on it?

You can do this?

Like they'll make you an island with a big ass house on it for an amount of $$ ?

Ignis Fatuus

Wanderer

M a r k u s;1740012 said:
You can do this?

Like they'll make you an island with a big ass house on it for an amount of $$ ?

I bet if you add a couple of hundred $$s to it they will even make all of it ageless.

M a r k u s

Wanderer

Ignis Fatuus;1740024 said:
I bet if you add a couple of hundred $$s to it they will even make all of it ageless.

Pfft, I'd be content with a price range and private island with a max custom plot, sounds like fun... Ageless would be icing on the cake :D

Idk, I don't see myself going back to that other game and the fucking rat race that is raiding... Just running my Vendors has been such a blast.

Markus I assume your talking about WoW? The amount of time required to enjoy the game is insane, and the pvp aspect of it just blows. After we beat Illidan I got bored waiting for Sunwell and the whole badge gear being equivalent to broke the camels back for me. Took some time off played some WC3 then heard about Hybrid. The game play of UO is awesome, the graphics are its largest downfall but it is timeless like monopoly as long as enough people populate the server.

I'd love to know about getting a private island and housing.

aemneuspeed

Knight

most private islands were from raffle's. I'm sure there are a few that were donated for, but I know there were also a few they created and were given away as the grand prize of a raffle drawing.

Sam-hybrid

Knight

you used to be able to donate for island houses but u were talking maby $200-$400 depnedin on location and size..

but yes most were raffel prizes or staff freinds.

alot got del aswell thro cause of lag, people selling for real $$ and all were ageless so stood for ages with inactive accounts

Meh I would probably donate that amount, I enjoy this server so far and it would be a good way to support.

I can be like that crazy guy from Braveheart, "Its my island".

Engage

Wanderer

Need to contact Ryan directly to organise special donations. He is the only one that can approve them.

M a r k u s

Wanderer

Engage;1740685 said:
Need to contact Ryan directly to organise special donations. He is the only one that can approve them.

Thank you Sir.

I'll answer the question regarding the rat race later on, when I have a moment. At work atm :p

Formater

Knight

Ronn;1740010 said:
page a admin on game. Noone knows here.

Do not do this! Paging someone in game goes no where.You will be wasting your time and the person who has to respond to your page. You should look for Ryan on IRC or something. He is the only one who does anything with donations.
Oh, and you better make sure he is in a damn good mood first ;).

I remember before the last wipe you would get nothing for donating and it really pissed Ryan off if you asked for something for donating. Things have changed a lot.

M a r k u s

Wanderer

Formater;1740750 said:
Do not do this! Paging someone in game goes no where.You will be wasting your time and the person who has to respond to your page. You should look for Ryan on IRC or something. He is the only one who does anything with donations.
Oh, and you better make sure he is in a damn good mood first ;).

I remember before the last wipe you would get nothing for donating and it really pissed Ryan off if you asked for something for donating. Things have changed a lot.

Hehe thanks for the advice.

I'm kind of new around here. Could you clarify? Before people were asked to make donations out of the kindness of their heart to keep shit up and running? And now we have the online store? For how long was UOG up and running w/o the store? I'm just curious, it's good to know, it really puts things into perspective. Everyone should know the server's history imo.

I've run a few guilds, pretty big ones too (shellholder in FFXI, passed lead off to my right hand for WoW)... I mentioned before that Hybrid kind of feels like a huge ass guild sometimes. Idk, I think I can relate a bit. I remember having girls on my dick thinking that I could get them drops. People sending me gifts for my birthday and christmas... Members accusing me of favortism... Man, I could go on and on... People had ridiculous expectations. It just drains all your energy. And of course, when shit hits the fan it's a swift kick to the nuts and nice wad of saliva... I imagine running a private server can be equally, probably even more draining. More people, more work, more drama.

Ryan is the founder of UOG? I think I would PM him and patiently wait for a response. :p Either way, it's all good.

And... back to work :p

Formater

Knight

M a r k u s;1740759 said:
1. Could you clarify? Before people were asked to make donations out of the kindness of their heart to keep shit up and running? Yes Exactly.

And now we have the online store? Yep

For how long was UOG up and running w/o the store? I'm just curious, it's good to know, it really puts things into perspective. Everyone should know the server's history imo. The online store has been around like 4 to 5 years. I have no idea how long it was up before the last wipe but it was a pretty long time. The server was well established and had a good player base. The server was moved and long story short if I remember correct the save they had was corrupt and the old isp would not let them back on the box to get another copy. The wipe was really a good thing. I think most who left because of the wipe came back eventually.

I've run a few guilds, pretty big ones too (shellholder in FFXI, passed lead off to my right hand for WoW)... I mentioned before that Hybrid kind of feels like a huge ass guild sometimes. Idk, I think I can relate a bit. I remember having girls on my dick thinking that I could get them drops. People sending me gifts for my birthday and christmas... Members accusing me of favortism... Man, I could go on and on... People had ridiculous expectations. It just drains all your energy. And of course, when shit hits the fan it's a swift kick to the nuts and nice wad of saliva...

I imagine running a private server can be equally, probably even more draining. More people, more work, more drama. I have ran my own RUNUO server and yes it is very demanding. People do not give the staff enough credit for what they do.

Ryan is the founder of UOG? Yes Ryan owns the entire uogamers/runuo/ect network, domain names ect.
I think I would PM him and patiently wait for a response. :p Either way, it's all good.

And... back to work :p

It used to be if you donated you were donating because you enjoy playing here and want to help make sure the shard sticks around (not because you expected to get anything for your donation). I vividly remember Ryan tearing people a new ass for asking for something for donating. Ryan has mellowed a lot over say the last 5 years;). Without donations this shard would be impossible to keep running. The servers are some of the best servers out there($$$$) and the bandwidth is not cheap. Ryan has posted info about his monthly bandwidth use in the past and its crazy.

Kooz

Wanderer

I used to roll with this guy who donated for his own personal island, 18x18, with a moongate to all towns, a shit load of regs and what not.... but that was a while ago, maybe 2 years now... it was fun as hell though. But like I said that was a while ago, I wouldn't know about now...

Code Blue

Knight

Engage;1740685 said:

Correct.. And chances are you are going to have to fork out alot of cash for ryan to even think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.