UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVE/last man standing battle (Sun Oct 3 3pm GMT-5)

What time is best for you?

• 10:00 EST

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 11:00 EST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12:00 EST

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13:00 EST (1pm)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 14:00 EST (2pm)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • 15:00 EST (3pm)

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 16:00 EST (4pm)

• 17:00 EST (5pm)

• 18:00 EST (6pm)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 19:00 EST (7pm)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • 20:00 EST (8pm)

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 21:00 EST (9pm)

Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MB

Knight
Re: PVE/last man standing battle (Sun Oct 3 3pm GMT-5)

So what happened for those of us who missed it?

Xavier

Account Terminated

They went crazy, killed each other all off, and there were not enough left to complete the goal :DSheet , all but 7 out of 36 were dead in the first 20 seconds.

We're planning for next Saturday now.

I was killed very early on, but I still think this is a has the potential to be a great (long-running ;)) event, so thanks to Xavier and everyone who put in the work to set it up... :)

Constructive Criticism:

(Forgive me if any of this is wrong or if you already thought through and implemented/discarded any of these ideas :p)

• 1. I envisage a situation where a 5-man team make it to the centre room a loooong time (maybe hours) before the 2-man team coming from the other direction. Apart from the boredom/frustrating wait for all concerned, this could cause other problems too (for example: teams deliberately hanging back - until the final bosses have been defeated by another team and everyone has killed each other off - before deciding to enter the final room).
Possible Solutions:

• a) Have a safe "anteroom" (maybe with a banker/reg seller/barman! etc) where teams wait until everyone else has arrived or all other teams are dead. Then all doors to Centre Room open simultaneously.
  • b) Change the rules slightly so only the first team to reach the centre room has a chance at the prize (thus benefiting teamwork even more). If the boss monsters in other rooms dropped interesting loot (gold, deco, trophies, whatever), then it would still be worthwhile for slower Teams to continue to fight their way through to the end.

• 2. As it stands, this is in fact a PvP event. I say this because however well you fight the monsters and however good your teamwork, unless you are Red/don't mind taking counts (not the case for most Blues) and participate with a PvP oriented template and know how to PvP you have no chance of actually winning (this was the No1 reason given for not participating when I was asking around before the event).
Possible Solutions:

• a) This is what we wanted - no solution necessary.
  • b) Allow Guilds/Alliances/pre-formed groups to stay together when making the teams.
  • c) Disable Kill Counts during the event.
  • d) Change the winning conditions to require one Red and one Blue to be alive to activate the keys (like with a bank deposit box ;)). This would open up a whole new range of strategies as both Reds and Blues weigh up who (if anyone) to kill (and what the other teams are doing). (This would require a caveat: A Red/Blue can win alone if the last Blue/Red standing dies to a monster).
  • e) Although the monsters can (and will) damage everyone and anyone - disable all Reds from damaging (certain random?) monsters back. Reds and Blues can heal/kill players but only Blues can kill (all?) the monsters. This way, Reds actually need Blues to complete the PvM aspect of the event. (This option combines well with d)).
  • f) Prohibit Reds from participating. Killing still allowed, but everyone will have the same advantages/disadvantages. (All Reds have Blues to play, but many Blues just don't have a Red char).

• 3. However many hit points they have, the monsters are too easy and can all be killed using the same tactics.
Possible solutions:

• a) Have at least two bosses per room. (But lower damage to remove 1-hit-kills).
  • b) Give bosses Dark Father "anti-field" defences.
  • c) Disable Fields.
  • d) Disable summons (or disable all summons except L8 mana-intensive ones)
  • e) Trap the floors. Gas the participants. Poison the players... :) Anything to ensure that we can't just stand still and cast while taking no damage.
  • f) Give all bosses Paragon "never run away" AI.
  • g) Make some of the bosses immune to poison/phys dam/magic.
  • h) Make some bosses such high resists that they are virtually (but not quite) impossible to kill without Discord. Allow them to be Peaced. (So Bards could be useful).
  • i) Make some of the rooms tiny.
  • j) Give some bosses "tele-to-me" capability.
  • k) make some of the rooms optical illusion style (Naddict-Maze-like). Combine this with any of a-j to ensure complete mayhem :)

Random Stuff:

Random teleporters which can take you from one Team's section to another's. Each one should be one use only before disappearing (or maybe be like 5 second Gates) A new one with a new destination may or may not appear.

I hope this event will stay tough enough to last a good few months...

Looking forward to the next attempt :)

FE

MB

Knight

Not all reds have a blue.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Feersum Endjinn;793088 said:
I was killed very early on

1, NO
2 a)
3 I was thinking the same, especially now that they know exactly how much they need each other in there, they may actually give it a real try next weekend now... Ill keep all these ideas in mind thx

:D

BTW, building the arena and all was mostly athenas work. I was just thinking too much about terrible ideas that she said HELLZNO to anyway ...

Xavier

Account Terminated

Xavier;793107 said:
1, NO
2 a)
3 I was thinking the same, especially now that they know exactly how much they need each other in there, they may actually give it a real try next weekend now... Ill keep all these ideas in mind thx

:D

BTW, building the arena and all was mostly athenas work. I was just thinking too much about terrible ideas that she said HELLZNO to anyway ...

On second thought, maybe we should just fill it full of Larry, Moe, Curly and pumpkin lords ? Yes?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Feersum Endjinn;793114 said:
That's probably true. But I've yet to meet one... :p

That's right X. Rub it in...

:(

Youre not the only one. I was NOT exaggerating when i said all but 7 of the original 36 were dead within the first 20 seconds.

People will have a better idea what needs to happen next week.

uome

Bug Hunter

The little dueling pit was a nice idea too.

Crisco

Page

Feersum Endjinn;793088 said:

• d) Change the winning conditions to require one Red and one Blue to be alive to activate the keys (like with a bank deposit box ;)). This would open up a whole new range of strategies as both Reds and Blues weigh up who (if anyone) to kill (and what the other teams are doing). (This would require a caveat: A Red/Blue can win alone if the last Blue/Red standing dies to a monster).
  • e) Although the monsters can (and will) damage everyone and anyone - disable all Reds from damaging (certain random?) monsters back. Reds and Blues can heal/kill players but only Blues can kill (all?) the monsters. This way, Reds actually need Blues to complete the PvM aspect of the event. (This option combines well with d)).
  • f) Prohibit Reds from participating. Killing still allowed, but everyone will have the same advantages/disadvantages. (All Reds have Blues to play, but many Blues just don't have a Red char).

D. Requiring 2 people to be alive is a bad idea, because that takes out the Last man standing property of it. also, if your blues were to die, and only 3 reds moved on, you couldnt win??

E. Another bad idea. Relying on blues to kill the monsters means, if they were to die for some reason, you wouldnt be able to do anything about it, only commit suicide or get killed by the monster. also, who says you can only pvm on a blue? i pvm on my red.

F. Blues, typically the ones that stay out of felucia probably have their characters scrolled out, and geared well. Reds, it seems they scroll out their red characters, and not worry about their blues. giving the people who either have more wealth or are Trammel based, an advantage over those with reds. Also, not all reds have a blue character with skills that can even do damage, heal, or be useful in any way to this event. (I myself only have one blue, and he is naked with only 1.6 focus). so that would mean the event couldn't in fact, be fore everyone

Crisco;793369 said:
D. ...

E. ...

F. ...

Ya. Re-reading them all in the light of day, they just seem a little too complicated to be viable anyway (and if the advantage now is slightly skewed towards Reds, they would just skew it over to Blues anyway... :eek:).

I still stick with 2b and 2c though (and all of 3. :p) to try to get more Blues participating. (If Xavier or some other bright spark can work out an easy way to disable KCs during the event...).

FE