UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVP Dexxer?

PVP Dexxer?

I have a fencer I was playing with today and began to wonder if dexxers would work in PvP. I begain searching the forums and mainly found mage and archer PVP templates.

Am I right to assume that being a PVP dexxer is basically impossible?

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: PVP Dexxer?

It's hard work but if you enjoy playing a dexer then give it a try. Usefull things to put in might be chiv, necro, poisoning. It's not all about winning ;)

uome;521391 said:
It's hard work but if you enjoy playing a dexer then give it a try. Usefull things to put in might be chiv, necro, poisoning. It's not all about winning ;)
Sure, it is not all about winning. I just would want a character on as equal footing as my opponent. That way, I know I'm losing because of my lack of skill .:D

If being a dexxer puts you at such a disadvantage, I'm not sure I see the point. So, what about PvP, archers?

darthjesus;521392 said:
lethal and AI is construed as skill by some
It's not??? If it isn't, what is considered skill? Targeting someone and then arrows fly out of your bow at the target over and over again? Or hitting a key and a magic spell flies forth with 100% chance of successfully hitting the target?

Sundoom

Sorceror

I'm a pvp dexxer (swords/chiv) If you are aiming to win again the best reds on demise, your better off being a mage/tank (fencer recommended), but if your just looking to go against some decent/tough people and make others wonder why the hell a mage lost to a dexxer, then your aiming for the right place.

(Of course, decent/tough would mean mages who aren't just loaded with the best gear on Demise from brsks and arties.)

As for that "skill" thing, basically mages justify that as being, "it's not about spamming, it's about predicting what your opponent is going to do and also be mentally prepared to use spells that counter your opponents." (Yea, this is a bunch of crap, the only ones who can even claim this are the mages from pvp guilds and they demonstrate this "justification" on each other during gm hosted events.) Then again, this is just my opinion.

Honestly, it's not even like that really, when it comes to a dexxer and a mage dueling one another, mages will just run/heal or disarm/poison/pain spike. Maybe a fireball/flame strike, in other words, anyone who is not a mage and is into pvp is basically a target.

I think only a few of Zen and D.C. guilds even have dexxers used for pvp, other than those two, you'll never see a dexxer in pvp battles unless it's server wars.

EvilChild

Knight

Extremely good dexxer templates also tend to be extremely well guarded by their players =)

Just do some research and try to put together some sweet templates by yourself... think outside the box.

Achri

Wanderer

I've been thinking the same thing along your lines EC. Everyone tends to follow the same templates, and if you start experimenting, then people can't predict what you are going to do holding weapon A or weapon B.

I'm willing to bet every single member of Zen. has at least one pvp dexxer.

As for my PVP dexxer... if you think the template is difficult... you're off your wagon.

120 macing
100 necro
100 ss
100 resists
100 anatomy
100 tactics
100 healing

- Kenneth Kaniff.

Sure it could be improved, but I've done about 3-4 different necro warrior templates on Kenneth, and I've found this one to be the most useful.

I chug a crazy amount of pots, though.

ParagonDancer;521487 said:
I'm willing to bet every single member of Zen. has at least one pvp dexxer.

As for my PVP dexxer... if you think the template is difficult... you're off your wagon.

120 macing
100 necro
100 ss
100 resists
100 anatomy
100 tactics
100 healing

- Kenneth Kaniff.

Sure it could be improved, but I've done about 3-4 different necro warrior templates on Kenneth, and I've found this one to be the most useful.

I chug a crazy amount of pots, though.

I appreciate you sharing, PD. I have heard most PvP templates are top secret. :)

I noticed only 1 120 PS used. Interesting.
How often do you choose to you the Dexxer over your mage for PvP? Do you feel they are on equal footing or do you only use the dexxer when you are in the mood for a change?

As for stats, do you go for high dex and thus reduce int(mana) or do you go for just enough dex to give you 1.25 swing speed?

Also, if you chug a lot of potions, what happens when you die and the potions get taken away?

Also, I noticed no chiv, parry, bushido,posioning..some of those things often found on dexxer templates. Care to comment on that?

EDIT- More questions
If you are building this on the cheap, are you less inclined to need 2/6? I imagine you are not spamming necro spells as much. I ask in regard to choices of equipment. If you had, say something that gave more DI and HCI, but had you might end up with 2/4 or even 2/2, would you prefer the DI/HCI jewel?

As for stats, do you go for high dex and thus reduce int(mana) or do you go for just enough dex to give you 1.25 swing speed?

My stats are 95/125/50, I believe. I have some stam Inc on my character, but no, I don't swing @ 1.25 at all. Well, with my mace I do, because its a decently fast weapon, and it has SSI, but with Wrath, and my Hammer Pick, I swing somewhere near 2.0 probably. But I have necro spells backing me up, and a large mana pool.

Also, if you chug a lot of potions, what happens when you die and the potions get taken away?

I go get more.

Also, I noticed no chiv, parry, bushido,posioning..some of those things often found on dexxer templates. Care to comment on that?

I didn't want any of those?

EDIT- More questions
If you are building this on the cheap, are you less inclined to need 2/6? I imagine you are not spamming necro spells as much. I ask in regard to choices of equipment. If you had, say something that gave more DI and HCI, but had you might end up with 2/4 or even 2/2, would you prefer the DI/HCI jewel?

If I didn't have the suit that I have, the template would probably be a bit different. And no, I'd stay 2/6. I've used from 2/3-2/6, and nothing is more helpful than 2/6.

dievas

Knight

i use
120fence
100parry
100rez
115tact
90heals
80poiz
60anat
60chiv

115str
110dex
25int

works fine with leathal + ai spam

dievas;521617 said:
i use
120fence
100parry
100rez
115tact
90heals
80poiz
60anat
60chiv

115str
110dex
25int

works fine with leathal + ai spam

80 poison is 80% chance to lethal, so you won't be lethaling every single time. But it's still fairly effective.

dievas

Knight

i also was thinking abouth that one :
120fence
100parry
100rez
105tact
100poiz
100anat
100chiv

but u cant go red with this and it will be extremly hard to get right jewels

Lucifall

Knight

dievas;521662 said:
i also was thinking abouth that one :
120fence
100parry
100rez
105tact
100poiz
100anat
100chiv

but u cant go red with this and it will be extremly hard to get right jewels
Why? Just farm karma in fel dungeons... you actually ger more karma / fame from mobs in felucca anyways.

110 chiv
120 ninja
120 fencing
120 tactics
100 resisting spells
100 poisoning
50 med

it wins,
needs a fucking hell of a suit though.

crackhead

Knight

weinster666;521363 said:
I have a fencer I was playing with today and began to wonder if dexxers would work in PvP. I begain searching the forums and mainly found mage and archer PVP templates.

Am I right to assume that being a PVP dexxer is basically impossible?

dexers dont work in pvp, dont even bother wasting your time trying. make a mage

Sundoom

Sorceror

crackhead;522000 said:

Sundoom;521447 said:
If you are aiming to win again the best reds on demise, your better off being a mage/tank (fencer recommended), but if your just looking to go against some decent/tough people and make others wonder why the hell a mage lost to a dexxer, then your aiming for the right place.

Hmm, I think your raging.

gugutz

Knight

crackhead;522000 said:

Wrong?
Get your mage and try to beat Eby's dexxer, then.

Correction: any char works in PvP the same way. Mages are just easier to play with, and you get to cast spells, witch are fun.

A good dexxer can own any mage of this shard. Just put the right skills and the right suit. Wrestling of Holy Light as a mean to disturb mages while disarmed can be the key in duels.

gugutz

Knight

Sundoom;522251 said:
I've been thinking a while on this, I believe I should switch to a fencer. If only to use this weapon http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108395

I believe from what was posted here that the interupts will definitely favor a dexxer. Especially since chiv does not require spell channeling.

You can get to 1.25 swing speed easy with basicly any kind of weapon (any kind, not any weapon), so the number of disrupts will be the same. You have to try the specials and pick a favourite weapon for yourself.
For dexxers i personally like macing. Its great to remove target's stamina while hitting him very hard.

Oh, and your War Fork is going to get you in trouble on fields with that high cold area attack. :/