UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

PVP Dexxer?

Sundoom

Sorceror
Re: PVP Dexxer?

The intention for this particular weapon is not pvm, but pvp. It's interrupt on mages is what catches my interest, I'd never use this weapon for pvm such as coon. Although it does seem to be a nice effect for those cursed slime... Hit a giant rat instead of slime and the cold area takes effect. You got a bunch of corpses on your hands and you may have just saved your own life.

An area effect comes in real handy on easy monsters like those, especially if you do not have wither.

EvilChild

Knight

You realize that everytime your cold area hits that you will flag on every available target in radius. Which doesn't matter for the most part unless you like hugging GZ as a blue or are red and don't like getting guardwhacked.

If you just are going to run around open field no gz or anything else, then it should work fine =)

Also, that fork is UBWS so no need to take up fencing for it

gugutz

Knight

Sundoom;522318 said:
The intention for this particular weapon is not pvm, but pvp. It's interrupt on mages is what catches my interest, I'd never use this weapon for pvm such as coon. Although it does seem to be a nice effect for those cursed slime... Hit a giant rat instead of slime and the cold area takes effect. You got a bunch of corpses on your hands and you may have just saved your own life.

An area effect comes in real handy on easy monsters like those, especially if you do not have wither.

I meant you are going to get in trouble in PvP, actually. Like EvilChild said, an attack will flag everybody that is not Target Friendly under your current screen. This can put guards on you, and give everybody there rights to attack you.

And area attack are only good in champ respawn to agro the mobs. The damage is just too small to kill them at once.
What kills them is Whirlwind attack.

Sundoom

Sorceror

I am curious, would this also matter for event pvp?

1v1, 2v2, 1v1v1v1, DDom, CTC (Capture The Cookies), etc.

gugutz

Knight

Sundoom;522405 said:
I am curious, would this also matter for event pvp?

1v1, 2v2, 1v1v1v1, DDom, CTC (Capture The Cookies), etc.

If you are playing 2x2 or a team event like FFA, the area attack can disrupt all the enemies mages in one screen, thus helping your entire team and whoever more is fighting the enemy. So the higher the area attack is, the better. But only in this situation, and in champ spawns if you wanna agro the mobs to you to kill them with Whirlwind attack.

Other than that, its just to lower the price of your good items.

Lucifall

Knight

Sundoom;522052 said:
Hmm, I think your raging.

Your talking to like the only dexxer capable of winning an official 1x1 tournament. While dexxers are powerful, most of them don't work well in pvp. Chiv archers are a good example.

Sundoom

Sorceror

Lucifall;522624 said:
Your talking to like the only dexxer capable of winning an official 1x1 tournament. While dexxers are powerful, most of them don't work well in pvp. Chiv archers are a good example.

That wasn't the intention of my post...

I was stating that dexxers are worth the effort. I'm not saying they can win tournaments (like against tank/mages) just saying that dexxers are good at versing others to an extent.

I have won one 1v1 event, but that was a long time ago and most experienced pvpers weren't on at the time. I was just lucky to be fighting mages, archers, and other dexxers that were at the same level as I was.

Dexxers are not really for pvp though, I agree with you there, but I just like to experiment and attempting to have a dexxer be near evenly matched with mage templates is just something I have been wanting to do for... Quite a while.

Lucifall

Knight

Sundoom;522631 said:
That wasn't the intention of my post...

I was stating that dexxers are worth the effort. I'm not saying they can win tournaments (like against tank/mages) just saying that dexxers are good at versing others to an extent.

I have won one 1v1 event, but that was a long time ago and most experienced pvpers weren't on at the time. I was just lucky to be fighting mages, archers, and other dexxers that were at the same level as I was.

Dexxers are not really for pvp though, I agree with you there, but I just like to experiment and attempting to have a dexxer be near evenly matched with mage templates is just something I have been wanting to do for... Quite a while.
Don't get me wrong. Some dexxers are wrecking machines for PvP. It's just that people prefer to run around people like headless chickens when fighting others and think dexxers are underpowered because they can't kill anyone.

I personally had a ninja necro archer that was made of pure win. But I used magery scrolls, EVERY necro spell, EVERY possible resource I had.

uome

Bug Hunter

I think for tournaments we need a 3x3 tile arena!
Cage fights would suit dexxers better. :D

Lucifall

Knight

Sundoom;522652 said:
Removing weapon drop from a tournament would be VERY nice for a dexxer

Would also help weapon mages and put disarm dexxers to a disavantage. Reducing disarm timer would be more effective.

i was 4 one v ones and 2 two v twos on my dexxer, came in top three in all the rest. This was in a months time. before i quit

uome

Bug Hunter

Heres my template for Carlton III:
Anat 50
chiv 90
focus 120
necro 60 (this is a recent addition these points used to be on anat)
parry 120
resist spells 50
swords 120
tactics 110

Stats 135/105/35