UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Regarding "Military" ageless houses...

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
Regarding "Military" ageless houses...

I wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that we will no longer be doing ageless houses for Military members. Unfortunately the program was abused by some non military people. I apologize to my fellow members of the armed services but you know how it goes - one bad apple will ruin the entire bunch.

Thanks,
Ryan

a lawyer

Sorceror
Re: Regarding "Military" ageless houses...

I understand where you're coming from. I am more disturbed that people abuse this, although I can't say i'm surprised.

KalivDIESEL

Sorceror

I always wondered what the houseing market would look like if there was a draft. :]

Countessa

Knight

If you need to be away for an extended period of time:
Bank anything you deem to be of real value.
There are often players who will refresh your house for you if you have no guild mates to help you, etc. It only takes a friended person to refresh. Ask around for help and/or references.
While it's true this does not guarantee your house will not fall, with valuables in the bank you will be able to acquire a new one upon return.

chinchin

Sorceror

My neighbor's house has been ageless for over two years now.... after reading this, I checked, and it is still ageless.

Will already ageless houses be grandfathered in or have they already started counting down?

Dexter420

Sorceror

Can you make a donation for a period of time to be away??? to keep your house like new for that amount of time??

yea im curious if all the current ageless military houses would drop soon or no. ive seen some of i think a team salmon or something been ageless since i started. no offence but most tours are never more than 18months-2 years.

Nashces

Wanderer

I myself am prior military. 8 years army . 11m for 5 then changed mos to 67u. Served at Irwin and Wainright. Any solider on active duty and going on tour in Iraq or Afghanistan that needs a house kept refreshed can contact me through these boards or AIM bbincor. If your just going TDY states side then i am sure you can handle it unless it is changing MOS and such and you'll be on lock-down. Either way contact me and i will try to help.

I will ask for your Unit name and such just to verify your current status so i am not refreshing some 13 years old house while he's away at grannies for the summer :)

As for the current military houses I suggest they are given a grace period so they can see this message on the boards. Hopefully Ryan and the staff have the Emails of the ones that are or claim to be military. Send them a mass Email and give them a few months to respond. Then change the status of the houses. Just my suggestion.

Stay alert Stay alive !!!

miztron

Wanderer

Poptart;1915408 said:
Woot. More idocs.

straight up sauce. this will make the following weeks extremely fun :) time to hunt for the loaded ageless houses!

when will this be implemented?

BurntFingers

Wanderer

Nashces;1915567 said:
I myself am prior military. 8 years army . 11m for 5 then changed mos to 67u. Served at Irwin and Wainright. Any solider on active duty and going on tour in Iraq or Afghanistan that needs a house kept refreshed can contact me through these boards or AIM bbincor. If your just going TDY states side then i am sure you can handle it unless it is changing MOS and such and you'll be on lock-down. Either way contact me and i will try to help.

I will ask for your Unit name and such just to verify your current status so i am not refreshing some 13 years old house while he's away at grannies for the summer :)

As for the current military houses I suggest they are given a grace period so they can see this message on the boards. Hopefully Ryan and the staff have the Emails of the ones that are or claim to be military. Send them a mass Email and give them a few months to respond. Then change the status of the houses. Just my suggestion.

Stay alert Stay alive !!!

I totally agree with this. I think it is bullshit to the Members of the military they did nothing wrong to mess the system up. This guy should monitor it and I believe it could work

There dying four our freedom and you do this thats pretty dirty tbh

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

BurntFingers;1915642 said:
I totally agree with this. I think it is bullshit to the Members of the military they did nothing wrong to mess the system up. This guy should monitor it and I believe it could work

There dying four our freedom and you do this thats pretty dirty tbh

I served in Iraq - when I left I made arrangements for this shard to stay running. It did. There were some hiccups but I made arrangements. There's no reason a military member can't do the same thing I did.

It's kind of crazy to think I'm going to get a copy of someone's orders and have to go through that manual process to save a house. :(

Sorry - it's just too much work on our side...

Nashces

Wanderer

Ryan;1915647 said:
I served in Iraq - when I left I made arrangements for this shard to stay running. It did. There were some hiccups but I made arrangements. There's no reason a military member can't do the same thing I did.

It's kind of crazy to think I'm going to get a copy of someone's orders and have to go through that manual process to save a house. :(

Sorry - it's just too much work on our side...

Ryan is there any way we can make a sticky of a list of people and their AIM's that would be willing to help keep their homes refreshed? That way were still putting some available help out there for the soldiers. If so we can start with mine.

AIM bbincor

Trevor

Knight

You could make ageless then put blockers on the steps so people can't use it.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Uhm he never said current ageless houses are reverting.. just no more new ageless houses

miztron;1915606 said:
straight up sauce. this will make the following weeks extremely fun :) time to hunt for the loaded ageless houses!

when will this be implemented?

^^

a lawyer;1915700 said:
Uhm he never said current ageless houses are reverting.. just no more new ageless houses
This is what I hope it means as well.

In the end its a game, and just pixels.... but it sucks for those who left with the understanding that there stuff was safe so they made no arrangements to come back and find that we decided "Never mind..."

Vicktor Vauhn;1915750 said:
This is what I hope it means as well.

In the end its a game, and just pixels.... but it sucks for those who left with the understanding that there stuff was safe so they made no arrangements to come back and find that we decided "Never mind..."

I doubt the majority of the military members biggest concern when they get back would be their house on ultima online.