UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Regarding "Military" ageless houses...

Countessa

Knight
Re: Regarding "Military" ageless houses...

miztron;1915606 said:
straight up sauce. this will make the following weeks extremely fun :) time to hunt for the loaded ageless houses!

when will this be implemented?

This is implemented now. Hybrid will no longer set a house ageless for military personel.
Houses currently set to ageless have not been scheduled to be changed.

Raider_68

Wanderer

My $.02,

1) No Ageless houses
2) Allow people on extended leave to moving-crate all household goods, or to load up a special no-charge/non-expiring/no-item count vendor, that staff could move to a unique holding area
3) Upon logging in after the extended leave and/or after a period of time after re-activating their account, allow them to clear out the special vendor or have it moved.

This will allow those individuals to sell off properties and bank the gold until their return. At which time, they can buy a propert(ies) to place their holdings

It's a fair option to all active shard players and it's a fair compromise to allow the extended leave people to reconvene their gaming efforts with minimal rebuilding.

KoNNaN

Knight

I don't think the problem was the system they had in place, but more that people were abusing it.

kethered

Wanderer

Paranoia-hybrid;1915760 said:
I doubt the majority of the military members biggest concern when they get back would be their house on ultima online.

agreed.. its ultima online.. ive lost numerous houses due to inactivity. it is absolutely stupid that houses were evermade ageless. sack up and make some more money. nothing to cry over

Sirkah

Sorceror

tbh heres a list of how to keep your shit standing

1) NOT on the owner account, make a vendor on your house(s), and put 10k gold on him, and the rental contract for a month. This way you have a MONTH to refresh your shit. (trust me this works ive seen houses stand on IDOCs for 2+ weeks JUST TO BE REFRESHED (lol)
2) If you're smart, and dont have your kegs on display on your house, go ahead and ADD random 'friends' to your house. Add some famous IDOCers to your house, that way when they go through a door, it will refresh. LOL. just make sure theres nothing set to friends, and you're good to go. only thing they can possibly do to hurt you is clear your ban list, and if you're on leave, wont mean jack shit.
3) 'friend' some friends that know whats up. im sure if there your friends they will keep that shit refreshed. number 2 is a fall back if this one fails. sure, after the first couple times people will know they can refresh and will stop, but it still buys you time.

so basically, first month is not going to fall, vendors that make houses ageless need to be fixxed in my opinion, but it has it's up sides. Also, you can renew the contract for an additional month.
If your friends dont refresh your shit and it goes IDOC, and if the vendor has fallen, and say black sheep comes runnin through your front door, but hes friended, then you bought yourself another 2 weeks.

if it falls after that, then you've either died or decided not to find a computer in at LEAST a month that can log on to uo.

gl hf going to z

EDIT: but srsly log in every week just to dbl click a sign and hit the x button.

miztron

Wanderer

okay so am i to understand that these ageless houses will not fall and there just wont be any more ageless houses?

I doubt the majority of the military members biggest concern when they get back would be their house on ultima online.
Agreed. And if they really care they can get friends to refresh their stuff.

the thing i hated about ageless houses is why the hell u would put and ageless house for a 7*7 in the middle of no where with nothing inside of it..i mean come on..do they really need to keep that?!? i think not..they need to drop that shit and when ever people get back they can buy/place a new one...

wkstrm

Lord

Speedy-hybrid;1918657 said:
the thing i hated about ageless houses is why the hell u would put and ageless house for a 7*7 in the middle of no where with nothing inside of it..i mean come on..do they really need to keep that?!? i think not..they need to drop that shit and when ever people get back they can buy/place a new one...

some of those houses are confiscated I think and that might be the reason to why. for example a scripter miner would prefer a secluded house in the middle of nowhere rather than next to a vendor mall or moongate.. just me guessing though.

could be..but then why not drop all this random ass houses floating around?!? i think we should..not the army ones..but the confiscated one that been confiscated for a loooooong ass time

wkstrm

Lord

I think they randomly change the ageless status to "this house is like new" and then let them decay. But Idk, it's just my guessing out from what I've heard people say. So yes, thies is hearsay and not truth.

a lawyer

Sorceror

Speedy-hybrid;1918657 said:

Not to mention there are empty plots in great spots made ageless that have been that way for 2 years.

shindig

Sorceror

Seriously, if you are away from the shard on deployment for an extended period you may never come back to uo. I've had this game since it came out and have taken breaks for a year or two here and there, usually after going on vacation and coming back and just having too much other stuff going on.

If you're going away for an amount of time you aren't sure, you might try letting people put vendors/friending them to the house, otherwise liquidate all your shit and put it in the bank.

I wonder how many of the ageless houses are linked to accounts that havent logged on in a year or more, I never see anyone in any of them, ever...

Kedaeus_Sendre

Sorceror

Umm, I'm Active Duty Army and I never even heard about this "service".
It really doesn't make sense IMO. Placing a house on ageless status for more than 16 months is ridiculous.

Let them drop. By the time deployment rolls around (unless your a rapid deployment unit) you've had plenty of time to pack up the shit in your house and sell it and even in the most dire situations you'd probably fail to have it put in ageless status in time before you left anyhoo.

Unless it's a place of interest (i.e. Museum, Gallery, Popular Vendor Mall, Heritage site) you're house shouldn't be ageless.. period.

Kedaeus_Sendre;1919457 said:
Umm, I'm Active Duty Army and I never even heard about this "service".
It really doesn't make sense IMO. Placing a house on ageless status for more than 16 months is ridiculous.

Let them drop. By the time deployment rolls around (unless your a rapid deployment unit) you've had plenty of time to pack up the shit in your house and sell it and even in the most dire situations you'd probably fail to have it put in ageless status in time before you left anyhoo.

Unless it's a place of interest (i.e. Museum, Gallery, Popular Vendor Mall, Heritage site) you're house shouldn't be ageless.. period.

AGREED!!!