UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Roach Mage

Roach Mage

Does anyone play or have success with the old roach mage? (=Mage Skills + hide/heal/anatomy)? With the bandy-healing time being slow, I am wondering if it would be worth it.

Thanks.

Pops22

Wanderer
Re: Roach Mage

im sure most people will tell you to drop hiding and pick up wrestling so you can stun. that being said, i cant offer you much insight, except i think its hard to kill someone with just magery...

Cebrious Arcane

Forum Murderer

Drop Hiding and pick up Wrestling for stun, hehe.

I'm sure you can be successful with the template if you know how to use it. Dr. Death ran around as a turtle mage (shield instead of hide) and made a great video of it.

PvP on Hybrid is all about immobilization and big dumps. If you can stay mobile and heal through dumps, you'll be fine.

Jayooo

Wanderer

i think healer mages are overrated anymore, they used to be good and still pose a strong group template to have, but thats more on old ea servers after uo:r, on uog however an alchy stun could put you down before your aid would ever kick in, which to me makes it to slow of a skill, its only useful on a run really

Un4

Knight

healing mages are annoying, especially when they run.. lightning wand doesnt even help

=\

its a good temp i guess if you run from fight alot

cobrakaun

Sorceror

I rolled this as my first character since I've returned to Hybrid, and was disappointed. I went with wrestling for stun, but having healing didn't really give me any advantage over my opponent, except that I could run and heal more.

Honestly. If you're any good, it's fairly easy to heal through most dumps on the field with pots and good ol' magery.

After that, I've gone with alchy/stun, fencer tank, and most recently an inscribe dexxer.

Alchy stun is a good PK template. A little harder to use as a blue as you can often end up hitting other blues, going grey and sometimes end up getting murder counts anyhow. Fencer tank is good because you can precast explo, hit until you stun, drop explo, poison, then finish however you want. Inscribe macer is just deadly, as you can usually bet the person will think they dropped your resist, throw a huge combo, and basically kill themselves. I can't count how many times I've crushing blowed someone with a warhammer right as they has cast explo/eb(or fs) on me only to have it bounce back in their face.

Anyhow, that's my insight.

Pops22

Wanderer

LeGiOn-hybrid;1427976 said:
Heh. A Roach Mage is a mage with Parry. Not a healer mage. :p

thats what i thought too, but i figured id try to help the guy out instead of focusing on semantics.

THE REIGN

Wanderer

cobrakaun;1427943 said:
I rolled this as my first character since I've returned to Hybrid, and was disappointed. I went with wrestling for stun, but having healing didn't really give me any advantage over my opponent, except that I could run and heal more.

Honestly. If you're any good, it's fairly easy to heal through most dumps on the field with pots and good ol' magery.

After that, I've gone with alchy/stun, fencer tank, and most recently an inscribe dexxer.

Alchy stun is a good PK template. A little harder to use as a blue as you can often end up hitting other blues, going grey and sometimes end up getting murder counts anyhow. Fencer tank is good because you can precast explo, hit until you stun, drop explo, poison, then finish however you want. Inscribe macer is just deadly, as you can usually bet the person will think they dropped your resist, throw a huge combo, and basically kill themselves. I can't count how many times I've crushing blowed someone with a warhammer right as they has cast explo/eb(or fs) on me only to have it bounce back in their face.

Anyhow, that's my insight.

i like the sound of ur inscribe macer... what skills does he have?