UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Roach Mage

Shade-

Wanderer
Re: Roach Mage

LeGiOn-hybrid;1427976 said:
Heh. A Roach Mage is a mage with Parry. Not a healer mage. :p

Correct. Here is a good template.
str/dex/int 90/35/100

100 Magery
100 Eval Int.
100 Meditation
100 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Healing/Alchemy/Inscription (optional)
100 Resisting Spells

shader

Sorceror

Having parrying on a mage here would be an exercise in futility and makes no logical sense whatsoever.

OSI has "Spell Channeling" shields, they can be held while casting spells and do not effect meditation. Having them on this server would be overkill, since Warriors are already at a severe disadvantage. However, if they buffed Warriors to even the playing field a little bit, and then added Spell Channeling shields so that "some" mages may counteract this, I think this would add even more template diversity to this server.

Shade-

Wanderer

shader;1428604 said:
Having parrying on a mage here would be an exercise in futility and makes no logical sense whatsoever.

OSI has "Spell Channeling" shields, they can be held while casting spells and do not effect meditation. Having them on this server would be overkill, since Warriors are already at a severe disadvantage. However, if they buffed Warriors to even the playing field a little bit, and then added Spell Channeling shields so that "some" mages may counteract this, I think this would add even more template diversity to this server.

Wrong, I have encountered several blue dexxers on my red, and adding parrying would greatly improve my chancesof not being cut down.

-Majin-

Wanderer

I actually really like hiding on my mage. Sure its no where near the best 1v1 template seeing as you can't stun and your explosion pots do like 12 damage on average, but the survivability you get from it is awesome, theres nothing better then surviving a 5 man bola gank by just teleport hiding and remounting on an ethy and lets not forget the wall of stone in someones face then hiding, all of which are great fun simply just to annoy people with.

Na0cho

Wanderer

unfortunately i dont have anyone on this shard to play with as all my firneds are part timers so like majin said i pretty much need hiding for survivability as it seems i can be in the middle of nowhere and fighting one person and then like magic 5 of their friends show up :{

ps. yay for run-on sentences

Dread Sun

Wanderer

My first toon after joining UOG was a Heal/Hide/Mage and I still use him.

He's not much good for offense but I use this toon for shopping at player vendors and for IDOC hunting. This is a great toon for surviving but doesn't inflict enough damage for fighting.

If I get ganked I generally hit the bandage key, run like a bitch and hide as soon as I get some distance.

If I were going to use him for group fighting I wouldn't need the hiding.

Novofly

Wanderer

It's been a while since I've played uo, and I must say the first thing that surprised me was that you cannot kill anybody with 5x on the field. It's just not possible, unless they're clueless or run out of resources, etc.

That being said, I must say that you initial template is quite contradictory. Having no other killing ability besides the 5x magery basically forces you to be a group player. Healing and hiding are great for solo'ing, but are terrible in groups (unless your entire group has hiding or your friends can't xheal).

If you are soloing, make an alchy mage or tank mage of some sort, pretty much the only way to kill people around here.

If you are doing group pvp, make a stun/scribe. Stun is great for runners or a really hard to kill person, and scribe can help with massive amounts of opponents.

Hope this helps.

Stides40oz

Knight

Sam-hybrid;1429670 said:
i have a heal/scribe mage...

Great for solo pvp and great against stun/alchy mages

how is a great against alchy stuns?? U still only got 5x to fight back and you aint killin anyone like that if they have a clue

Sam-hybrid

Knight

Stides;1429744 said:
how is a great against alchy stuns?? U still only got 5x to fight back and you aint killin anyone like that if they have a clue

lol you only need 3 skills to take someone down if you know what you are doing, Magery/Med/Eval

Sam-hybrid;1430009 said:
lol you only need 3 skills to take someone down if you know what you are doing, Magery/Med/Eval

LOL, if they use no pots, and dont know how to mini heal. Only noobs die to 5x mage anyways.

Novofly

Wanderer

Sam-hybrid;1430009 said:

Not if they chug/offscreen. Unless your killing miners, of course.

Lynyrd

Knight

Sam-hybrid;1430009 said:

I would love to see you kill someone in the field using just those three skills.

Was from the uo powergamers site, and they're nicknamed "roach" because they are hard to kill, but on OSI shards the self-bandy-heal is faster.