UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Roleplaying Community - Ninja school.

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
Roleplaying Community - Ninja school.

I was thinking of making a player-run town in Tokuno for ninja only, which has the roleplaying purpose of equipting, training and forming alliances for ninja. It would have to be in a secluded area, and all houses would have to be Tokuno style. Some negotiable rules are as follows:

All Ninja must have hiding and stealth. ( This may seem like an obvious one, but I've seen a few ninja who don't have these skills, suprisingly. )

Ninja are required to wear ninja belts.

Ninja must refrain from being seen without a guise while in ninja attire around general population.

(Free for suggestions)

Ninja joining the community would be assigned an animal signature, one of the animals available through the animal form skill. Ninja will have the choice of animal, or have one randomly assigned. At any given time, the ammount of ninja under an animal signature couplet(explained below) may not exceed 30% of the ninja population.

Based on the animal signature, each ninja is placed in an animal signature couplet. For example, the bull frogs and giant serpents together make one couplet. Each couplet will have further links to members of their respective couplet when compared to other members of the community. Couplets will form teams during activities that may be invented, and on animal dueling night ninja will also be required to be in the form of their animal signature. Points will be awarded to couplets as if they were "houses". Most other activities would probably also stem teams or rules from the couplets.

Couplets will have optional uniforms, based a colour representation of each. Serpents and frogs would probably be represented by green. An idea uniform would consist of leather ninja armor dyed the resepctive colour, along with a belt coloured to signify sepcific signature.

Houses in the player town would most likely include:
Main dojo / school house
1 house for each couplet (If a couplet leader would be kind enough :p)
Ninja vendors
Activity house with tavern
Outskirts of the town consisting of non-specific member houses

Each member of the community would be in the same guild, which may war or ally other ninja guilds on demise. The title of each member would represent their couplet, for example:

Nazukatsu [Something]
Serpent green couplet
(depending on the space assigned for title in UO)

The ronin would consist of new ninja,
The members would consist of average ninja,
Each couplet leader would be an emissary,
A select few would be warlords,
and the leader would be the leader.

Is anyone interested in this?
Feel free to suggest more ideas, and critisize mine.

Edit: I know nothing about Ninja terminology, so inform me of this, too.

[Drakull]

Knight
Nazukatsu said:
The ronin would consist of new ninja,
The members would consist of average ninja,
Each couplet leader would be an emissary,
A select few would be warlords,
and the leader would be the leader.
Is anyone interested in this?
Feel free to suggest more ideas, and critisize mine.
Edit: I know nothing about Ninja terminology, so inform me of this, too.
Well.... from Gm ninja to 110 the name given is Gm Ninja.
At 110 you reach the Shinobi level.
At 120 you become Ka-ge Ninja.

Regards from the first Ka-ge Ninja in Demise ;)

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
I was actually pondering the idea, neither the town nor the guild exists yet. If I get enough support I'll make it.

Sintoo

Sorceror
You've got a cool idea, I especially like the idea in dividing the ninjas into diffrent sorts of casts based on their animal signature. I was thinking in the same lines of my samurais like one company being fire one wind and so on.
Though this would require lots of members before branching them of like that.
So I wonder if you would want to combine forces?

http://www.uodemise.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=8620&page=8

You'll find information on the guild on the second last message.
Hopefully we can work something out, just PM me if you've got any questions or add me to ICQ if you have it.

Nazukatsu

Wanderer
Yes. I'ld like to join you. Keep in mind, I haven't made anything yet. These are just ideas.

Note: I want to be Ninja Master!
If that's possible.
My ninja isn't super powerful or anything, really, she's just in training..

Merberol

Wanderer
umm

all we ppl who wanto do a player run town ... what about we cooperating ..

i am in the same proses ... how moutch place are there on tokuno isles ..

if you could expand your town to not only ninja i would love to join you,

zardd

Sorceror
Better talk to Viriiguy (forgive if i spelt wrong) he owns a town at present look for guild tag [CiV]

Missha Wong

Wanderer
CiV was disbanded some time ago. As for the idea, sounds good in principle, but... I suggest you start smaller, thinking as if there would only be 10 interested people at most. Why? Because there is a saying: "50 people get all excited, 20 of those people say they will participate, 10 cover the requirements, 5 attend to the first event, 2 from the previous 5 are the only ones who participate, and only 1 of them stays for the whole event". That's the way it is, and you have to be prepared to work with small numbers.

Trying to get too organized and thinking the community will be big is what has made other RP communities fail in Demise. Start small, work small, and be patient. When it gets big, then think just big enough, don't think too big.

RP communities take YEARS to form. You will hardly have more than 10 active people for several months, and that's fine, just keep working.

zardd

Sorceror
oh well was just trying to help the poor sod.
I cant seem to stay in character or i say stuff wrong in old tounge so i generally dont stay long in RP communities.

:eek:

Missha Wong

Wanderer
As for houses, I have a 3 story Tokuno style house with a dojo in the second floor. The foundation is 18x17 and it's set as public house. We can start small ninja community there. It's not secluded but if we have success we can plan on moving out to a more secluded spot and make a full RP town.

As for ninja terminology, my hubby is real ninja and knows great deal of it. He suggested naming stuff according to the Gotonpo (five element concealment and escaping methods): Fire, Water, Wood, Metal and Earth.

Merberol

Wanderer
humm .. i know of the prisiple ... that is why all of us that is intrested
( be it 2 or be it 10 ) shuld cooperate if i go build mage guild finds a spot to make town ... the samurai guild does the same .. the ninja does the same ... and then it all fades into nothing due to the fakt that that would make any of us too small .. i can adjust myself and the mage guild to the needs of a Asian style rp komunity ..

james_za

Wanderer
i think it can work, even if we dont have a player run town for now, we can just gather a few ninja for now and have a ninja guild, and expand from there...

id be intrested in joining, im quite a high lvl ninja

I'm so down. I don't have a ninja yet, but I'd love to make one. Perhaps instead of a whole town you just rely upon a single house/dojo where all the members reside. Form a community of ninjas to teach eachother.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
hey if your maiin some ninja and what not lets not try and split the rp population that we have try and get in touch will virgii guy and see if ya can make the ninja dojo at that community it be call to see soem ninja's around here plus the close solen makes it great for constent cash flow.

Sergoth

Wanderer
hmm i actually only looked at this for fun, but maybe i can help thou all!

at a secret place, long away from the moongates, thou close to a city, i have placed a tower, its arranged for a guild, but i dont think i would be good as a guild leader! so maybe we could talk together bout the guild could move in there? ^^ im a ninja myself, but is the guild ONLY for ninjas?