UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Server Wars

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin
Re: Server Wars

Plant growth was based on the server restart. It is currently being worked on by one of the devs.

uome

Bug Hunter

Caine;397095 said:
Plant growth was based on the server restart. It is currently being worked on by one of the devs.
Yay, thanks.:)
I hope it dosn't take to long,but then again i have about 300 already grown.

Madio

Sorceror
Plant Growth Check

How exactly does the plant growing system work now? When is the check for plant growth?
It seems that each plant has its own growth check (at different times) now. This leads to that some of my plants grow in the morning, some afternoons, some at night... I don't like it ;)
In my oppinion it would be better if you change it so it is like it used to be and like it is on OSI.
Choose a time (any time will do) and do a global growth check on all plants that are locked down at that time. This makes life easier for gardeners and would be more like OSI.

That's what I think about this :)

Greetz
Mad

Dahlia

Squire

The plant growth system is a 24 hour system now. 24 hours after planting your seed will be when you will see new growth. My suggestion, after planting hundreds of plants at different times, is to plant everything you want to grow around the same time of day, even if you plant on different days, make sure you plant those seeds at approximately the same time every time. This will even out when you need to care for them, because it will be around the same time you planted.

Madio

Sorceror

Thats the workaround for us players. At the moment I have between 50 to 60 plants growing. I didn't write down when I planted them and I have trouble taking care of them :D.
Well not really but it takes MUCH time to click EACH plant every time I log in (I also don't write down when I do this... I think I should start writing it down ;) ). It would make the life of a gardener much easier if you can log on, click one plant and you know if all your plants already had their growth check or not. Its also not that hard to write for a developer, should be a 10 minute work (at least with the original RunUO code) as far as I can tell... AND we would be one step closer to be OSI-like ;)

Until then I think I have to try to plant all of my plants at the same time :)

Thanks for the explanation of the growing system Dahlia

Greetz
Mad

UnholyTidus

Wanderer

wow all this fuss over plants id hate to see if the timer for vendor restocks changed or idocs something important :(

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

UnholyTidus;425652 said:
wow all this fuss over plants id hate to see if the timer for vendor restocks changed or idocs something important :(

What's important to one may not be to another.

Khephren

Knight

UnholyTidus;425652 said:

to be honnest, iot was worst when vendors restocked at 15 mins, it was more easy to camp and you ended up waiting more than an hour to get whatever you wanted...

a tip, mark runes to other cities than luna and recall there... :)