UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Should Magic Arrow Be Removed From Duel Tournaments?

Remove the use of Magic Arrow from standard dueling rules?

• Yes

Votes: 60 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 52 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seer Mia

Wanderer
Re: Should Magic Arrow Be Removed From Duel Tournaments?

Regarding the AoE thing, I can see enabling say, Wither, for 1v1 duels, but not team fights or CTF/FFA.

[Drakull]

Knight

Let the kids enjoy their spam. If they can beat you with just magic arrow spamming... your fault.
About the poisoner crying for his poison so wasted for duels... think on stealthers: 2 skills trained for nothing instead of one as on poisoners, so stop complaining.

K

Kal'tuzad

HeadacheBR said:
No.

MA is in the game to be used.

I totally agree, all the negative answers on this one, it doesn't say I agreed with the other rules. I don't get the last say in this that's all. I won't whine when the answer doesn't suit me i'll take it as it comes.

Westie

Wanderer

You should be allowed to fix it but create a pause so you cant stack magic arrows like osi. As well as explosion.

JavaKing

Wanderer

As childish as this may seem. Friends who play games with me, call this spamming of magic arrow a cheezmode kill. Making it not count and an automatic lose.

DUELS are battles to show off skills not how lamly you can macroslay someone.

xaxas

Wanderer

I voted YES because everything that makes mages not-so-roached is a good balance and the MA spam especially is a duel of connection, never of skill

ZNICK

Wanderer

I don't think ANYTHING should be banned or disabled. If it's in the game, let them use it. Who cares if it makes the fights longer, makes chuggers more dangerous, etc... be prepared for anything, and bring your best game.

Events and duals shouldn't be "who's the best using the rules we give you, which makes some people suck and other gimp". It should be "who's the best using all the tools available?".

Period.

I play a bushido-parry/necro with a cleaver for bleeds and bokuto for para. Nothing sucks more than a CTF or dual tourny with these rules, because my two BEST skills, wither and poison strike are disabled. I was so excited building this char until my 1st CTF and nothing worked. Now I'm stuck bringing my champs mage/bard to ctf because he's better than my pvp char? Doh.

Z

xaxas

Wanderer

if anythings allowed no warrior has a chance. Noone can stand a 2/6 mage with just healing if he cant hit to iterrupt a portion of the spells and if the mage uses e-fields what? thats right, you're done

pbguy434

Knight

If you die to an MA spam, you really suck.

And the poisoner complaining, poisoning is liek chivalry. If your half decent you can still win without it, but it just makes the fight a heck of a lot easier. Play with a war fork in duels, use bleed a lot. Thats what I do and its now all too complicated. And I don't fare half bad, being ranked 7th or something.

But I would like to see how one tournament with poisoned weapons allowed would go. It might be fun.

Thimotty

Wanderer

With or without MA is same for expirienced players!
I voted NO, for removing of MA will harm mostly new/weak ones :(
There always will be some sort of "it's cheating" wheepings from weak players which constantly lose battles with their templates! Every template has weakness and in my opinion cutting from other templates does not solve the problem!

Tournaments are not for anyone! Since there ARE rules, wheepings like "i'm 100 points less for poisoning" or "i'm 200 short for my stealth/hiding" are funny - just imagine tamer/bard with 700 usless points! Should they say - "forbid all weapons and magics, pls"?

I'm playing at tournaments with my tamer/archer and in every one had fun, no matter i wasn't "first" or "best"!

[offtopic]
I think that we will really enjoy some "last man standing" tournaments with absolutely no rules!
And some PvM events too!
[/offtopic]

blueice305

Sorceror

how able enable STUN for mages that way u stun the ma spammer n then xD
cuz its imposible to heal threw, bleed poison ma spam with a fuken ds coming too , just the way snell does it :) nice exploitttt since u cant chug anything or stun ethier

once again, if you let them poison you, bleed you, and MA spam you, you need to learn how to duel, and a nice 2nd circle spell called PROTECTION. Makes spammers a joke. MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA "In Vas Mani' MAMAMAMAMAPOISON "An Nox" "In Vas Mani".

Or just get on their ass and harm spam. Harm casts just as fast as MA, but without the delay. Plus the damage is much better. A tournament is to see who is the best. If some idiot with a macro can beat you, you obviously aren't the best.

Sleipner

Sorceror

Ok I voted Nay coz I think it maight be better to enforce a new rule like "No spamming spells" wich just means you cannot cast one spell more than 3 times then you have to cast something else to cast it again. Ok I haven't been to any tourneys here on Demise yet coz my chars is way to young and untrained but I seen this work. :)

salada

Wanderer

since you cant use pots and poisoned weapons, i vote for yes, it should not be able...not funny seeing a mage standing just spamming magic arrows and winning a duel without a problem...some people have a real nice pvp...a guy stamina ganked me in a few seconds and i have 133 stamina...if magic arrow is allower, pots should too...

I voted no. Duels would be drastically changed if there was no MA. I dont spam it but I do use it as a quick buffer between other spells.

Harm is just a smudge slower. I've been harm spammed and it is just as gimpy as MA spam. Its just a crappy play style, just like AI whores. Maybe a very minor nerf would discourage MA spammers.

MA is too big a part of a mages arsenal to be taken out of tournies completely

snell

Sorceror

Pistol-Pete said:
how able enable STUN for mages that way u stun the ma spammer n then xD
cuz its imposible to heal threw, bleed poison ma spam with a fuken ds coming too , just the way snell does it :) nice exploitttt since u cant chug anything or stun ethier
i beat you pure mage duel every time

[Drakull]

Knight

the other way to see it is also when the mage has ran out of mana the only attack/defense he usually has is spamming ma's while recovering mana... the warrior with no mana can still hit without stopping to recover (even with low stamina...)

MuTuHko

Wanderer

why don't you think a little , hm ? everything is about PVP!(combat) , poisoning skill is a combat skill as wrestling , parry ... etc ; hiding/stelth are skills for rogues remember AoS when there wasnt Ninjitsu and Bushido... noone warrior without poison can't beat experinced mage player on with these caps for AI and etc , i voted YES only n00bz playz on MA spam it depends whos better at spam

Status
Not open for further replies.