UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shroud of the Avatar. (off topic)

lord apollo

Sorceror
Sounds like you are already too in love with it to be reasoned with. In one of the first look videos the Devs clearly talk about facebook and twitter as an option to connect to friends, no one said it would only be based off that....
The game is still being developed so nothing is set in stone. Look at what a pile of dogshit UO turned into slowly but surely over the years... The fact is nothing will ever take the UO player base that left UO away from terrible games like WoW because people can log in and feel good about the way their character looks and chat in a safe area without some angry nerd ruining their day. So what you are left with is either diehard old school UO pvp fans or, weird "Richard Garriot" Fans that anticipate another ultima online out of him, and if someone is still after all these years worshiping lord British they are probably one of the fruitcakes that farmed inscription on demise to get rich and then eternally sucked at PvP once they got a suit.
The fact of the matter is my little nerdlings, UO was a one of a kind experience that kicked ass while it lasted and died hard with a stale fart. Anticipate what you will but I predict Shroud of the Avatar to be an epic letdown.

Well you said in your first post:

"The world was rumored to be based of people you are connected to on Facebook?
I'm just trying to let you know that as someone who's been actively following the development of the game, this is not the direction they are taking with it. It may have been mentioned early on like you said, but I can tell you they have moved away from that idea.
Well I have been playing Shroud of the Avatar already and I have loved every minute of it thus far, so maybe I am already too in love with it to change my mind. I've also never enjoyed PVP either and I've been a fan of UO since 1997. So that automatically puts me on the other side of the fence from you too. We will have to agree to disagree I guess. I guess wether or not Shroud of the Avater will be the next UO will depend on what UO means to you indivdually. Some people think UO = PVP/Felucca, and others enjoy the quiet PVM questing, and others enjoy the offline Ultima games. Either way Shrod of the Avatar will provide something for everyone. Even the crafting in SOTA is more in depth and a lot more fun I think. UO did die like a stale fart. . I agree with you there. Personally though I blame EA for that.

I don't know why you'd generalize Richard Garriot Fans like that though. He's an amazing entrepreneur in the RPG world and in space travel. He's the reason why you and I, two people who have never met and would likely have never had a conversation ever are speaking to one another right now. Wether we agree or not, we have Richard Garriott to thank for the experience of this conversation.

lord apollo

Sorceror
It will be very disappointing.
If you're incorrectly expecting a reboot of UO's Felucca. Yup.

This game is more or less a reboot of the original Ultima series. Which was an offline single player story based RPG. It does however have online options so you can get your MMO fix. If you want PVP it will be there. Just don't expect to log into a Felucca/pvp based world at the start because this game isn't catering to the minority who want that.

Slugworth

Squire
Like I said, disappointing. Even the single player. How many games keep coming out that are horrible? My hopes of a new mmo sandbox rpg is fading.

I hate to say it AGAIN, but jim is right. There seems to be only a select group of people that really care about freeshard pvp, barcode, me and a couple of other scrubs, and we get no real attention.

People just gotta grow balls and get over the need to play with 10+ to do fell related activities. 1V6 for days.

lord apollo

Sorceror
The dev team is actually working hard on PVP for this game right now. They are going to introduce the first renditions of PVP in release 8 in 9 days.