UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sir Xanders elite gauntlet guide

L

Luigi

Sir Xanders elite gauntlet guide

Ok this is gonna be my guide for gauntlet, it will be divided into all the rooms of the gauntlet and if u dont know what they are because u are new to aof there are 5 and then there are the dark fathers.

Ok.. So what kind of character can u take to the guantlet some people have asked me.

Well the answer is pretty much any character, yes i know it sounds weird but guantlet is as easy as getting a sword pressing tab and double clicking the monster.

What is the most appropiate template u ask?

Well as you know loot is affected by luck, so when u have alot of tamers with high luck and the person that did the most damage is a tamer then the loot will most likely be better hehe. Thats why i love my tamer, and my suit.

What pet should a tamer bring?

A tamer should bring a pet that is both practical and strong, for example i use just a mare, why? My mare is both strong in defence seeing it has 67 phys and other high resists, and also in offencive it has 97 magery and groing which gives it the ability to dump on a single target very fast and create alot of dmg.

Archers: Archers are the type that are for lazy people, IMO because with an archer all u need is this

A demon slayer bow
A cold bow
a poison bow
an undead bow
and an energy bow

with all these u can go from room to room shooting at things doing the most damage which is ideal if u want to get easy looting rights, other people prefer the very popular dryad bow for its swiftness and they just bring like 100k tithing with them so they can Enemy Of one and consecrate weapon and do as much damage as possible.
But if u are one of those people who are not willing to waste your uo savings into tithing so u can do more damage, thats ok, hey! for all u know u can just bring a regular bow and shoot at it, ull get looting rights and u can start from there, building a better suit, getting ur weapons, and hey even get some arties :)

Ok this is it for now folks... Maybe tomorrow i will continue to keep writing this long long long long guide... i know it will be very helpfull to new players.

Guarany

Wanderer
Re: Sir Xanders elite gauntlet guide

why a nightmare and not a hiryu? i think that hiryu can cause much more damage to the boss... or i'm wrong?

Laeglis

Wanderer

As far as i know, Nightmare's cant lower physical resists on what they're fighting. Big bonus for the hiryu :)

Provided you have enough ribs on you, a hiryu would probably be a good idea to bring to the gauntlet. Keep in mind that hiryu go wild quickly and need to be fed frequently. I've seen at least 4 hiryu go wild in the middle of a darkfather spawn during gaunting trips.

Roachie

Wanderer

thanks, going to gauntlet soon :) with an archer tough.

How much damage you need todo to get looting rights ?

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

I prefer my necro paladin tanker but when i bring my tamer I bring my mare for the exact reason of not having to feed it so often.

The template I use for m necro pally is
Swords
Tactics
Healing
Anat
Necro
SS
Chiv

I have a almost all 70 suit and use blade of insanity in wraith form, enabling me to leech mana, hp (with curse wep) and stamina 100% of the time.

I am dread as necro is my primary while chiv is secondary. I can still use Eo1 consecrate and devine furry with dread lord title, but most importantly my necro spells such as curse weapon last long, so I can tank most of the monsters alone if I need/want to. Only ones I cant is shadowknights and DF, shadowknights since I only do 2-10 damage so can't leech anything, and DFs well they tend to combo allot, almost as much damage as a pk mage sometimes. So I let tamers tank those.

the great thing about this tanking ability is if a second monster shows up I can grab it before it screws up everyone, makes things go smoother usually. Healing I hardly use since SS and curse wep is much faster, so if it was not for not being able to rez, I'd switch to music/disco as I tested this on my shard and I can tank even DF alone if I disco it. :D

Forsak3n

Wanderer

Or..... If you have 110 taming you got a 99.9% obedience on a hiryu and don't have to feed it.... ever..

Souced

Sorceror

If a Mare is the animal of choice in doom Y not take 2 of them for double the damage?

L

Luigi

so that u can log out..... without tking ur pet :p

pbguy434

Knight

Luigi said:
so that u can log out..... without tking ur pet :p
Which brings me to bringing up why auto-pet stabling has yet to be put onto the shard, lol. Its been a while since it was on OSI, and I mean, it can't be as complicated as all those recipes.

pbguy434

Knight

Red Squirrel said:
One thing at a time, the doom puzzle is still not finished yet. :p
Well I mean, the pet-stabling doesn't take any OSI researching, unlike the doom puzzle.

Please, don't forget about the luck suit.

People should start wearing luck suits... it makes everybody happy, and you!

=)~

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

I have more luck on my pk's suit then my gaunt suit. It just happened that way unintentionally that my pk has like 300 luck. Loot still sucks in fel. :D :p

pbguy434

Knight

qweazdak said:
yeah, GM tamers should never use hiryus ... sorry but thats the way it is
Unless they have like 115 Animal Lore. I used to control mine just fine.

I have like 120 lore and 103 taming and my hiryu listens quite well.

Although I throughly enjoy killing hiryus that go wild in gaunt :D

slowjeep

Sorceror

i dont think this has been mentioned lately, and its not in this gauntlet guide...

If you are an archer, and there is only 1 tamer in the gaunlet... keep the tamer alive. If the tamer gets attacked or poisoned, throw a bandie on him. It only takes a few seconds for a dexxer to do a cross heal. Expor Flamus and close wounds work on the pets too. If the pet dies, the monster usually attacks the tamer next. And when both die, then things get retarted.

Which leads me to my second suggestion. Usually the tamers know how to handle the monsters. Let them drag one out at a time. It makes things go so much smoother. If you run into the middle of the room, you will probably get targeted by every one of the monsters and then drag them all back to everyone. It only takes a few times of someone doing that, and on the next room I sit outside the door and watch 10 archers run around and try to kill the bosses on their own.

And a few more random things:

If its your first time at the gauntlet, watch and see what people are doing. Stand on the light blue tiles in the store when you attack or cast on the df. If you see unholy bones piling up at your feet, you are standing in the wrong spot. Those bones are going to sprout a Lich Lord or Rotting Corpse and it will probably target the tamer. Do not cast fire field on the DF. Or better yet, try it once and see what happens. An energy field or wall of stone will block or trap players, so unless the person is being a complete asshat, dont cast them. Pick up the ressurection scrolls that the DF drops. It makes it faster to rez someone, and you wont use up your regs.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

Good tips. And yes very important to keep the tamer alive specially if theres few people and 1 tamer, and archers stay close to not make the DF spawn stuff. If it does spawn kill the spawn. Much easier for an archer to deal with spawn then a tamer. can't use all kill macros in such situation since you dont want to stop tanking, and sending a 2nd pet manually takes longer then an archer double clicking. If your a necro use wither to make the spawn come to you and curse wep to heal up, protection is nice too if you can afford the physical loss.

cuattamu

Knight

In general, all of the above tips are good but what's the big deal if some jow smoe comes along and mess things up a little. I cant think of many things that is more boring than camping the gauntlet. You can always cast wall of stone at those pesky archer attacking the df.

It's not really a big deal if you die, cause most people in the gauntlet will rez u. I just get annoyed when the tamers are so lazy. Seems like whenever I'm there w/ my tamer, I'm the one who is luring. Hell, I do it w/ my archer half the time too...lots of tamers just sit back...spam all kill...then go sit back in the corner after the df is dead