UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Sir Xanders elite gauntlet guide

Re: Sir Xanders elite gauntlet guide

cuattamu said:
In general, all of the above tips are good but what's the big deal if some jow smoe comes along and mess things up a little. I cant think of many things that is more boring than camping the gauntlet. You can always cast wall of stone at those pesky archer attacking the df.

It's not really a big deal if you die, cause most people in the gauntlet will rez u. I just get annoyed when the tamers are so lazy. Seems like whenever I'm there w/ my tamer, I'm the one who is luring. Hell, I do it w/ my archer half the time too...lots of tamers just sit back...spam all kill...then go sit back in the corner after the df is dead
What's boring to some is exciting to others. Personally, when things are going well, which, by your definition, would be "dull," I'm having fun.

When somebody messes things up, it's stressful. when things go well, group PvM like that's a blast. If someone finds it boring, they can simply leave; nothing stops you from doing that.

As for the tamers... Some of them aren't terribly skillful, though some are good. At any rate, they do largely what they're supposed to do, and I'm fine with that. It's just that I'm particularly thankful to those that take a much more active role.

Banana

Wanderer

Ok I have a few questions.. Most of which are incredibly noobish.

1. How do I get to the gauntlet? Fel/trammel?

2. How many people are required to do it or would my drag, mare and myself be enough to take down a few mobs? Obviously not the boss.

3. Is anything peaceable? I'm assuming the requirements are higher than GM.

I think thats all for now..

pbguy434

Knight

1. Malas.
2. There are always people in there, and the bosses are the only monsters.
3. You might be able to, I know you can discord the and it helps a bunch. But yea, its over GM.

Banana said:
Ok I have a few questions.. Most of which are incredibly noobish.

1. How do I get to the gauntlet? Fel/trammel?

2. How many people are required to do it or would my drag, mare and myself be enough to take down a few mobs? Obviously not the boss.

3. Is anything peaceable? I'm assuming the requirements are higher than GM.

I think thats all for now..
  1. As mentioned, it's Malas, which is Trammel rules. It's the only dungeon. Best to use the runes found at the "Runes Galore" rune library in Luna, to take you straight to the Sorceress; that's one of the safest spots in the dungeon, and I've found it's actually the entrance that's the hardest part. Obviously, you should get some runes for yourself for future use.
  2. Depending on the boss, and the class/skill of those involved, different numbers of people are necessary. Tamers are always necessary, and for a few of the mini-bosses, it's possible to solo them. There are ALWAYS people in the gauntlet, and since there's only one enemy type out at once, (you have top kill the darknight creepers for the fleshrenders to spawn, and you have to finish off all five mini-boss rooms for dark fathers to spawn, and so on) You won't be alone unless you try REALLY hard.
  3. Nothing there can be peaced, nor provoked, but everything can be disco'ed if you've got GM+ skill, and preferably, a slayer instrument. (you'll want both demon and undead-slayers)
Also, most tamers prefer to use Hiryu; you can simply hop on when you want to log out; most people will stay in the gauntlet for a day or two, possibly more; it's time-consuming to get in, so you want to wring out all you can.

Banana

Wanderer

Thanks for replies so far. I have a few more questions.

1. How do I get inside? Do the DOOM runes in the library take me or do I need 3 other people and gold skull?

2. Eek I'm full with arties + gold... Bank? Bag of sending?

3. I would be taking an archer pally, what kind of armour should I wear? At the moment I have an lrc suit with no resists while I gain but in the future..... Do I need a high resist with hp inc maybe? Plate/Leather, does it matter?

Thanks in advance.

Red Squirrel

Wanderer

1. You need to get the bones, as the other side is innaccessable by runes, etc. its basically like being in a fel dungeon but you cant pk.

2. you wont get full of arties unless you are super lucky, but gold accumulates fast. unfortunately you cant use bag of sending, but some people like to use a beetle and get 60k then leave. Easy way of making cash while getting chance of arty. But if your beetle dies get rezed fast since some assholes may loot it.

3. archer pally - you can go naked if you want, or just wear regular non insured armor thats crafted or that you find. If you plan to lure stuff or tank, or solo then you'll want the highest resists you can get. If you bring a good suit, you'll want it to be all metal as leather breaks faster so you'll be getting out to repair it all the time. Using fortification on your armor is also not a bad idea, if you bring your items to a bit over 100 you're good for a long time if its metal. now if you use med you'll want lether or medable metal armor, and just have to deal with repairing more often or blowing 255 fortification on each peice.

Also, even if its trammel, you should insure your suit if its a good one. Yes it will cost lot of money to die, but there are several ways to loose non insured items in gaunt, such as randomly turning gray for whatever reason, or having a lich loot from you.

Banana said:
Thanks for replies so far. I have a few more questions.

1. How do I get inside? Do the DOOM runes in the library take me or do I need 3 other people and gold skull?

2. Eek I'm full with arties + gold... Bank? Bag of sending?

3. I would be taking an archer pally, what kind of armour should I wear? At the moment I have an lrc suit with no resists while I gain but in the future..... Do I need a high resist with hp inc maybe? Plate/Leather, does it matter?

Thanks in advance.
  1. The gauntlet itself is inacessable with Recall. That, along with Mark, Gate, and Sacred Voyage don't work there. To get there, you need a gold skull. Talk to the Sorceress, and she'll ask for 1,000 daemon bones. ALL enemies in Doom drop some. Get 1k bones, and give them to her, then be prepared for a BIG fight. I recommend bringing along some friends, one a tamer. A Hiryu won't quite cut it, but a White wyrm or dragon with a nightmare or bake kitsune alongside it will. Pelt the bone demon until it falls, and then the quest-taker will collect a gold skull for looting the corpse. Take this skull to the beach, ring the bell, and give it to the river man QUICKLY. All people in the skull-giver's party may cross.
  2. The only way to take stuff out is to hold it and walk through the exit gate.
  3. (i'll finish this when I have time)

note: I recommend the sorceress's room as an entry point, as it's generally the safest. The most dangerous is usually the beach.

luigi-hybrid

Wanderer

wow this is sooo old, whyd u bring it up, i was a trammelite back then, and no i dont think soo.

Digatalas

Knight

Gaunt isn't really that hard, but one hint, if your in a party and get killed while everyone else gets in DO NOT GO IN. the entry que stays up i think until you hit no, run to far away, or the person goes on in i think. maybe only until the river man goes away but if you can't stay without losing the opportunity to go in then you have no freakin armor or anything and have a pretty sucky time. Try to wait for someone to come by and ress you or log onbe of your other chars on and come ress yourself then go in with your stuff you brought, this happened to me the first time i went to gaunt with a buddy. but usually when i go i take my tamer Gremlin with my hiyru or mare, and yes i have realized that mares are SO MUCH BETTER than a RU. also, KEEP THE FREAKIN TAMERS ALIVE AND THEIR PETS DANGIT, you people that are in there are usually only worried about your freakin loot rights and end up getting everyone killed cuz the pet, then tamer die. but, i usually find one maybe two intelligent people as far as experience in Gaunt, they help me keep my pet alive as well as me, or i do the same for them if they are having trouble but with 115 vet and 110 lore its not hard to keep a RU alive but a mare is a bit of a challenge sometimes if it gets hit several times in a row and your vet doesnt heal for much hp, then thats where an intelligent experienced person comes in. if everyone in a room dies then your gonna have wasted a whole lot of time where you could have been getting more chances at an arty and if it was basically yours or a few peoples fault everyone gets really pissed sometimes. if some people really get irritated cuz your just a total DUMBASS and try to do too much then you WILL NOT get ressed by a several people generally, but someone should feel sorry for your stupidass and ress you prolly. sorry if i'm irritated but i wish we could PK dumbass's only in Gaunt as i had to log before i cussed someone or several people out just then and i figured i'd tell you what everyone thinks while they are in there. if you would like everyone to respect you in there or not get mad at you at the very least then:

1) help out
2) if your a noob of gaunt then stand back and watch for a whole round of every room as what is done in every room is a bit different.
3) log out before you cuss out.
4) if your the cause then apologize and dont do stupid shit again.

=]] sorry if i'm pissed at the moment but i hate people that don't listen to the more experienced and general crowd but run around the room to draw in like all 5 monsters in the room on 4-6 people.....got me and everyone killed. a mare against 4 knights is fuckin impossible! maybe only a GM could do that with their god-given skills...

Enlightener

Sorceror

A quick tip.
if your pet is about to die and there are other tamers around, just spam "all stay" and cast invis in ur pet , that way the monster change his target to another pet ,after that just one "all kill" and heal your pet. That is important. DO NOT JUST RETIRE YOU PET FROM BATTLE , just keep healing it.

Other tip , if the monster has another pet as target , help that tamer and heal that pet too.

Its pretty sad when a pet is tanking a boss and the idiot just retire it from battle for no reason. ( i admit it , i do it from time to time when the other players are anoying me XD)

Xyle

Wanderer

Going back to the pet subject at the begining pages. i prefer using Bakes to Ru. This is because they have hella resist compared to a Ru. and do more damage, expecially with two. They can tank any mob in there with little effort. I have even tank two Df's one bake on each DF. They listen well, i only feed them when i rez them from being logged out.
Another fav of mine is hell hounds. yes they are a pain in the ass to keep healed on a DF fight, but the damage is unmatched, I dont care how well your scrolled or geared. They cant tank worth a shit, other then fleshrenders.
But all in all, if i want a Artie ill take my hell hounds, ive gotten two arties back to back, legacy and jackels using hell hounds. If im not in a hurry then ill go with my bakes, and just hope who ever is doing most damage is wearing luck.