UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Soloing Spawns on a Sampire - A Definitive Guide by Feersum Endjinn

jc_at_aq

Sorceror
Yeah, I was just thinking that it only takes 90 stamina to reach max swing speed for the kama as opposed to 150 stamina needed for a double ax or radiant scimitar. So, I was thinking maybe if you dumped all those extra stats into strength, you might get your damage up to a respectable level. I hadn't run any numbers, I was just thinking out loud.

so are radiant scimitars better for sampires now? should i stop making double axes and switch to radiant scimitars?

If a double axe had the same exact mods as a radiant + high swing speed the double axe will have slightly higher dps. Double axes also have a useful second special move for against a single target.

Without the need of swing speed you can make more useful sampire weapons by crafting radiants over double axes. A slayer, mana leech, stam leech/hit area/hit spell/hld radiant would be better overall than a high ssi, slayer, mana leech double axe. Not to mention you can craft the recipe radiants with either 15 harm or 6dci.

Looking towards the future, the crafted jewerly will have the biggest impact on this build. the 5ssi ring will make 30ssi double axes swing at 1.25 which would increase the dps by a good amount, but it will also make 0 ssi radiants only need 120 stam which makes a suit easier to build. Being able to chug with a radiant + a 50ep ring would also be strong overall.

Indika

Sorceror
Yeah, I was just thinking that it only takes 90 stamina to reach max swing speed for the kama as opposed to 150 stamina needed for a double ax or radiant scimitar. So, I was thinking maybe if you dumped all those extra stats into strength, you might get your damage up to a respectable level. I hadn't run any numbers, I was just thinking out loud.

I've tested kama. have some nice ones. I really enjoy fencing sampire but the only problem is the number of weapons u will need to carry.

TBH I think a fencing sampire could potentially be the best weapon skill if built/played right but u need so many different kind of weapons to make it successful as they don't usually have more than 1 useful special move...

so u would need like:

kama: hml, hit area
kama: slayer, hml

longspear/doublebladedstaff/kryss: slayer, hml

and of course ur general purpose weapon whatever that may be...

the idea of a fencing sampire was brought to me by a friend and when tested seems really good for solo target hunting because with the low stamina base needed with a stam+mana increase suit its easy to have 140+ str and 90+ stam and 80+ mana. the amount of mana u can have is awesome and I never ran out of mana while spamming armor ignore :p

as for spawn I was able to solo a couple rikktor and coon but that's all I had weapons for. I think if i had better weapons i could do more as fencing sampire.
the main problem is the # of weapons available to the market and if your willing to burn 100's of hammers making a fencing sampire, might be more practical to go swords as there is just more available to use

I was just reading this last night, FE's post was buried like three pages into Cart, funny to see it #1 now.
Wow. Three and a half years on...

I'm amazed.

So did everyone swap out D-Axes for Radiants in the end? Or just retire their Sampire and the whole soloing spawns plan in favour of Whammies for the new 1vs1 PVE endgame content?

(And have all the new ML bosses been soloed without pets yet?)

FE

PS Happy anniversary, Demise!

Indika

Sorceror
So did everyone swap out D-Axes for Radiants in the end? Or just retire their Sampire and the whole soloing spawns plan in favour of Whammies for the new 1vs1 PVE endgame content?

Uhm, im still rocking double axes. I mean radiants are awesome but if you make the right double axe its virtually better than any radiant. that's not me saying I don't have some 5 star radiants. I just still prefer double axe for end game

Last edited:

kolbycrouch

Knight
Wow. Three and a half years on...

I'm amazed.

(And have all the new ML bosses been soloed without pets yet?)

FE

PS Happy anniversary, Demise!
lady mel, I'm not sure about. The other 3 have been solo'd by dexxers. Radiant just seems a more sane choice for spawning for the obvious reasons. As Indika said though, axes are still ideal at least for general purpose if your willing to spend a lot of hammers and RNG on them.

You gonna start playing again?

kolbycrouch

Knight
I'm still refreshing.

So you never know... ;)

FE

PS I will say one thing: *nothing* beats UO. My Steam library has precisely one game I've put more than an hour into since putting Demise on hold...

(Dark Souls)
You know, it comes and goes, but I've tried every other MMO under the sun. Some free, and some pay to play. Some are better than others, but nothing compares to UO. I think it's sort of a lifestyle choice. :D