UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting a roleplaying community

dead-eye

Knight
hey im very interested in this i already posted before reading this. that i would like to start a guild named peasents of sosaria a guild with mainly player run vendors and really old britain style gameplay. no outragist things. Peasent revolts and stuff would be cool. A government system. Mabe even a tax system to start the peasent revolts hehe. I will be very interested in this so keep in touch

Dead-eye
a.k.a samuel <-- role players name

Sintoo

Sorceror
Ok so some interest seems to have started glad to see it :)

As for the whole storytelling argument that has come up
cant say that I give a shit since it has nothing to do with this topic and if you still want to continue this discussion please take it elsewhere.

So what do you say maybe work together in the future when I get back into the game?

I was thinking that all the guilds that will be in this community will vote and discuss diffrent rules an such so just make a guild that would fit in.
But all ideas and help is appreciated.

Since the interest has started I thought you could write down a "Applicant Guild Form" seeing that most of the rules been taken from CoY lets continue that way :p

The Applicant Guild Form will include:

The Guild's Name, in full - With Translation if applicable

The Guild Abbreviation, as in game

History and Description: (Information about the History of your guild, how they got to where they are, any major events, and also details of your guild's current state, and its ideals)

Rank Structure: (Information about your rank structure. Classes, restrictions, specific information on skills that are or are not allowed)

Arms and Armour: (Specific information on the allowance of materials used in armour, and PR/Total information for ranks)
For example in my guild peasants and monks wont be allowed to wear armor except for warrior monks when going to combat more on this when and if your interested in joining and samurais will have lower PR/total then for example the daimyo.

Events: (What events do you expect to run inside your guild, and how do you see yourselves interacting with other CoY guilds)

Please if you have the same idea for a guild try to work together so we dont start to have 2 undead guilds 4 diffrent kind of clans of orcs and such its better that we have 3 active guilds with some people in then 20 guilds wich noone plays in.

hey im very interested in this i already posted before reading this. that i would like to start a guild named peasents of sosaria a guild with mainly player run vendors and really old britain style gameplay. no outragist things. Peasent revolts and stuff would be cool. A government system. Mabe even a tax system to start the peasent revolts hehe. I will be very interested in this so keep in touch

Really like your idea sounds cool would be nice to see a ranking system of it maybe put in a town miltia and a cruel tyrant lord :)

As for my roofing business...

Its driving me insane! :D

dead-eye

Knight
ok my guild has been started so far just me but i have a couple of guildmates on my other char that will help out. As you can tell my guild is mainly going to be peasents. it is mainly for self run vendors. Everyones houses will be next to each other and there will be intereaction. Ranking system goes from head peasent which is me. To lower class peasents wich is the bottomost. Head peasent will be allowed to wear the highest leather armor. Lower class peasents will only be allowed regular leather. And the ones inbeetween like middle class and upper class will be alowed to wear other types. My guild isnt all about pvp tho its mainly about interaction and events. Once i get more funding i will buy a bigger guild house for events and self run vendors. Right now guild house is currently a ten by ten with very little activity space. deco is not set up yet im hiring a few people to make me some items.

And activities will include tournaments with prizes. i feel like a copy cat kinda but our own story night just for the fun of it. mabe some prizes but none as good as civ's of course. Tavern night when the ale is on us. And once and a while a treasure hunt. Sponsred by POS(peasants of sosaria) and EVP(evil pink monkeys)

We really need some members and the rewuirements are mainly a role playing name and no outrageous chars. fishers will def. be welcome. also chefs for tavern night and stuff like that. I will also be holding noobie night hehe. Every young player that comes in or someone who just asks will geta free set of leatehr armor sponsored by EVP TylerTheTinker (a.k.a my tailor hehe :))

pm if u want in and i will be around luna asking people to join

dead-eye
samuel

Trey-demise

Wanderer
Well I have a few questions before I go about starting my guild. Magic items meaning nothing with properties. Only as good as gm or legendary or whatnot crafted items. Also I'm guessing no mages than or mages aren't allowed to use fc/fcr and such. Answers to these questions will greatly influence which route I was going to start my roleplaying guild in. Also can the characters be scrolled or does it have to be 7x gm. I think 7xGM only would be pretty neat. Anywho.. hope this works out I'll be unveiling the RP guild idea and accepting members as soon as those questions are answerd.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Magic items meaning nothing with properties. Only as good as gm or legendary or whatnot crafted items.

Correct.

Also I'm guessing no mages than or mages aren't allowed to use fc/fcr and such.

You can use mages but I would want to keep the amount of them as low as possible since they would have a way of overpowering you.
Like my guilds "mages" wont be allowed to use armor and ofcourse common sense, no In Lor Xen! while near death bullshit.

As for fc/fcr a simple no. Why? this is not meant at you just for the general FAQ that might appear :p

You get an item with fcr..but it has some other abilites aswell and people start to go..oh but come on this doesnt do much diffrence and then it starts building up and people stop giving a shit and starts to put on the best stuff they can get their hands on.
Just for the sake of it being equal.
Some people might think that it would be equal just to allow these items aswell, but seroiusly is it? forcing someone wanting to roleplay or someone new to the shard to spend hours of powerplaying to get items to matchup?
So yet again no magic items.

About powerscrolls thought that I had wrote down in general rules no powerscrolls except for crafting skills but I noticed that I hadent, my bad!.

Hope this helps clear your thoughts out and good luck with the guild.

Oh and on a sidenote...My landplot has goten company by squatters!

Damn hippies!
Only 200k from being able to build it now! :cool:

Trey-demise

Wanderer
ok well I'm just wondering if this could somehow be fit in here my guild would be me a lone assasian hired to kill people in a roleplaying like mannar. A neuteral person who just does his job when hired. Would be good to use for killing leaders or something and what not based on stories.

Sintoo

Sorceror
lol thatr sucks do they just apear in places?

Apparently they do I was customizing my house, and then when I exited they just magically appeared on my doorstep.

ok well I'm just wondering if this could somehow be fit in here my guild would be me a lone assasian hired to kill people in a roleplaying like mannar. A neuteral person who just does his job when hired. Would be good to use for killing leaders or something and what not based on stories.

Your 100% certain you want to be alone? seeing your class might fit in alot of guilds, it just seems unessecary for you to make a guild for yourself to be in.

So about the community anyone that has come up with a guild idea or anything else noteworthy to mention?. I'm all ears kinda like Will Smith and Dumbo.

Dead-eye is it you that has made some sort of prison thing up at the graveyard in yew? Saw the owner name Samuel :)

So I dont know how I've survived the down time havent been able to log in for quite awhile and still cant seem to be able to just hoping people havent abonded the idea of this just yet.

More information on my guild will come soon and a new rank system to.

Bye for now.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
Kinda cool idea

As far as all these guilds mabey we can have guild towns just players house's built around a town (Ex Minoc,Vesper) and if we could do that all house should be public just to be releistic and it kinda go's back to the Assassin thing it be cool if they could sneak in on ya in your house :)

Just a suggestion

WarriorMan

Wanderer
One more thing mabey i can have a guild of Pallys who like have mortal enemys like mabey the undead guild and or orcs but will be allied with more friendly guild like the peseants of sosira and possible the Smauria guild depending on how that pans out like if they attack regular citizens id have to war em being the pallys

Not sure but i can prolly scrap enough money to gether to do this ill figure out a ranking system eventully but this is all i got now hope you like the idea

Oh and if anyone wants to join or has ideas on the ranking pm or msg me on Aim at UberGod1357

PS: cant wait till the Ddos stop so i can get this started gl staff

Sintoo

Sorceror
and if we could do that all house should be public just to be releistic and it kinda go's back to the Assassin thing it be cool if they could sneak in on ya in your house

No Banning from houses, and Remove should only be used in roleplayed context in non-combat situations. *kicks out assassin through window*

I know it doesnt say exactly that the house's are supposed to be public but that is what it means. :D

One more thing mabey i can have a guild of Pallys who like have mortal enemys like mabey the undead guild and or orcs but will be allied with more friendly guild like the peseants of sosira and possible the Smauria guild depending on how that pans out like if they attack regular citizens id have to war em being the pallys

Yeah the idea was that there would be alliances and ofcourse enemies.
As for the paladins maybe you could hook up with someouther guild that maybe doesnt have the whole idea based around paladins but maybe one of the ranks could be paladins I'm just saying this seeing that evryone that has posted has an own idea of a guild and no posts about anyone being interested in joining a guild, just so we dont get 20 guilds with 2 people each in them.
Just a suggestion.

PS: cant wait till the Ddos stop so i can get this started gl staff

Yeah well it seems that it has started again :(.

Sintoo

Sorceror
I hear ya, I'm still trying to get money together to build my damn house.
But someday hopefully it will be up. :D

WarriorMan

Wanderer
But really since im doing that anyone need a pally for there guild i have to make a new char seeing how i dont have RP names for any of my chars pm me or msg me at UberGod1357

PS: anyone got any idea for a rp name im bad with em :D

Sintoo

Sorceror
Try these links should give you a few names to choose from if you cant come up with anything.

http://www.ellipsis.cx/~liana/names/names.html
http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/english.shtml

My house is up! HELL YEAH! and I've got holes in ma roof HELL YEAH! now I'm completely broke! HELL YEAH!.
Gonna try to get in some cash so I can buy me a guildstone now and then I'm in business. :D .

Welcome to Casa del...umm now certain what to call my samurai clan :confused:
But your all welcome for some SAKE!

Sintoo

Sorceror
Dont know if thats what you want really, I think I've got a ranking system on the first page of this thread on the guild so you can see the classes though they will be changed.
I dont know how man diffrent ranks and such you can have, I cant remember such a long time since I played and it isint really required to have bushido or ninjutsu to join the guild.
Only required skills is if your going to be ninja and that's hiding and stealth, for now anyway.

Sintoo

Sorceror
The Nakamura Clan has now been created and is under its very first siege.

I hate those squatters you'd think I was some oil corprate big shot that just dumped a tanker in the ocean and had green peace camping on my doorstep.

If your interested in joining PM me and please read the rules and such in the first page.