UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Starting a roleplaying community

PraWN

Wanderer
My apologies but I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here...

Firstly though, I'd just like to say it's good that someone is trying to set up a roleplaying community as I'm a huge roleplayer myself and I thank you for that.

So anyway, on with the rant!

1) Rules are essential but in my opinion some of the rules you've proposed are just silly:

a) No magic items and no power scrolls is good. Allowing these would create an unfairness between veteran players and newbie players (like myself).

b) Other rules such as not killing enemy on sight, not entering building while mounted and no camping enemy bases aren't so good. This is because certain roleplaying classes such as Orcs, Pirates and Assassins should be able to do these things. Orcs would attack enemies on sight, Assassins will camp out in enemy bases and I'm pretty sure if Pirates did a raid they wouldn't stop to get off their mounts. You could make rules seperate for each roleplaying class but then things would get complicated and people would loose interest so it's best just not to make any in my opinion.

c) In my opinion there should be no looting at all because although you've set restrictions, those items might be all a newbie player has which would discourage them from joining.

d) No poisoned weapons unless you can poison them is a great idea. All roleplaying rules I've seen before have been no poisoned weapons full stop. But a poisoner would be able to poison his own weapons right? But then again a poisoner would be able to poison other peoples weapons too...

e) No spells on mounts is silly because again an Evil Mage wouldn't stop to get off their mount to cast a spell in the middle of a battle. However I do agree that some sort of control over mages needs to be taken, so a good rule might be to limit the number of mages per roleplaying guild as Sintoo has done in his guild.

f) Dying and not being able to return to the fight for 30 minutes is again silly because if you die within 10 seconds of a battle starting, your going to miss the whole thing. Instead maybe keep your death robe on untill you have all your stuff back. Then it's up to the player whether they keep their death robe on and sit back to watch, or they can take their death robe off and rejoin battle! However a player with a death robe on should NOT attack anybody or be attacked by anybody. I know this may conflict with what I said earlier about roleplaying classes doing what they would do and killing on sight, but to be fair to all players this is a must.

(Yes, there's more!)

2) Roleplaying guilds should be kept within specific classes only. I see that Sintoo has created a guild with both Samurai and Ninja classes, when in reality these two are enemies and would not be in the same guild. No dis-respect meant!

3) More organisation is needed. Sintoo has been great in trying to get people interested and creating rules and ideas for people to use and more people are becoming involved, but there is still no real organisation.

So far we have two solid guilds: A Peasants guild and a Samurai/Ninja/Monk guild (which in my opinion should be split into three seperate guilds).

And others which have been mentioned: A Pirates guild, an Undead guild, an Assassin guild and a Paladin guild.

I think that's right, please correct me if I'm wrong. What we need is really detailed information about each guild, as well as deatailed information about yourself (presumably the guildmaster). Such as your characters name, your characters history and story, your characters skills and stats, the full guild name, short name (abbreviation), exact location of guild, the exact roleplaying class you want, your contact information (MSN, ICQ, etc) and any other additional information that is needed. Maybe a new topic should be made that just has posts from guildmasters advertising their roleplaying class guild, and maybe a seperate topic for each one as well to help spread the word. Here's an example:

Character Name: Haochi.
Character History: Haochi was born and raised in Japan, where he learnt the ways of the Samurai from his master. When he was 28 he started to travel the world and saw many things he could not believe. He came upon a group of deserted Samurai who had been cast out by their master. Haochi took pity on them and he quickly became friends with the group, which are now known as The Samurai of Sosaria.
Character Skills: Bushido, Swordsmanship, Tactics, Anatomy, Healing, Parrying, Focus.
Character Stats: Very strong, moderately dexterious and moderately intelligent.
Full Name: The Samurai of Sosaria.
Short Name: TSS.
Roleplaying Class: Samurai.
Additional Information: We like to go on regular hunts for Ninjas, Pirates and Monstors. More information on hunts will be given to guild members after they join. We have guild meetings to discuss events and quests every Sunday, etc...

You shouldn't post about a roleplaying class that has already been started, but instead contact the guildmaster for information on how to join. Sorry, I went on a LOAD! My apologies once again... These are all just ideas that you may or may not like, but I personally feel that they improve roleplaying. Post back your comments, whether they be positive or negative please! Feel free to add me to MSN at [email protected] to discuss any of the things mentioned above. Thanks alot!

Sintoo

Sorceror
PraWN said:

Your more then welcome to :D .
Just glad that you seem to have taken an interest.

PraWN said:
Other rules such as not killing enemy on sight, not entering building while mounted and no camping enemy bases aren't so good. This is because certain roleplaying classes such as Orcs, Pirates and Assassins should be able to do these things. Orcs would attack enemies on sight, Assassins will camp out in enemy bases and I'm pretty sure if Pirates did a raid they wouldn't stop to get off their mounts. You could make rules seperate for each roleplaying class but then things would get complicated and people would loose interest so it's best just not to make any in my opinion.

What you describe would give an orc for example the ability to hide outside someones house wack em when they come out hide again wait for the next one to come and kill that one to, basecamping and not having to roleplay when meeting someone AKA turning it into a PVP slugfest in my opinion.

As for diffrent rules for seperate classes I think is a good thing since not all classes are the same thing and try to balance who you play, for exapmle since we wont use PS's and magic items just lowering a a classes armor PR would make them more vunerable showing that they're of a maybe lower and diffrent class, as for example in my guild the peasents wont be allowed to wear as much armor as a samurai because why would a peasent be running around in an full suit of armor?

The horses I would have to agree with you when on a raid.
I have never seen a pirate on a horse, this has nothing to do with the topic I just realized I cant remembering seeing a pirate on a horse in a movie or nothing its just wierd when I think about it. :)

In my opinion there should be no looting at all because although you've set restrictions, those items might be all a newbie player has which would discourage them from joining.

To answer that I'll think I'll just quote the CoY communitys answer to that

"Some classes are plain mightier than others, such as magic-wielders. Furthermore, it is good a way to put risk into battles in our community."

Items are atleast in my guild given to a new player such as armor and weapons when they need it and reach a certain rank all they have to do is ask. Bandages isint really that hard to ge a hold of kill a sheep and you've got 50 bandages and are good to go again.

No spells on mounts is silly because again an Evil Mage wouldn't stop to get off their mount to cast a spell in the middle of a battle. However I do agree that some sort of control over mages needs to be taken, so a good rule might be to limit the number of mages per roleplaying guild as Sintoo has done in his guild.

Once again my way of trying to balance things out, in my opinion a mage on a mount has 100% chance of killing someone on foot with a meele weapon in my opinion. Though I dont care if a a mage is mounted or not this was just an idea trying to balance the mage's power.

Dying and not being able to return to the fight for 30 minutes is again silly because if you die within 10 seconds of a battle starting, your going to miss the whole thing. Instead maybe keep your death robe on untill you have all your stuff back. Then it's up to the player whether they keep their death robe on and sit back to watch, or they can take their death robe off and rejoin battle! However a player with a death robe on should NOT attack anybody or be attacked by anybody. I know this may conflict with what I said earlier about roleplaying classes doing what they would do and killing on sight, but to be fair to all players this is a must.

Isint roleplaying abit silly? ;)
If you die 10 seconds after a battle your dead( or as in this case "wounded" until next time), as you say "an Evil Mage wouldn't stop to get off their mount"
A person with a sword through his gut wouldent lay on the ground, run in a spirit form to a healer get resurrected out of thin air and then go back to get his stuff and just jump back in again.
Instead this makes strategy more needed so people dont run along by themself thinking oh doesnt mather if I die I can just go get resurrected and join the fight again and how would a fight end? the winner is the one with the most persistent people?.

Roleplaying guilds should be kept within specific classes only. I see that Sintoo has created a guild with both Samurai and Ninja classes, when in reality these two are enemies and would not be in the same guild. No dis-respect meant!

In reality as you say I'm not certain what you mean by that since very little is known about ninjas, about 95% of what people think they know about them is what hollywood has made them.
As for all people know ninjas were samurai's trained in art of stealth.
I have no idea what you've goten the information from were samurais and ninjas would be enemies.
Just for an example how would a ninja survive in ancient japan if working under a clan? Would the clan not have any samurais...Isint a Daimyo a samurai? wouldent that make it pretty impossible for a ninja to work for them? since they would have to go "YOU ARE MY MORTAL ENEMY" in an unlipsynched way everytime they meet making their working relationship abit on the edge so to speak.

So far we have two solid guilds: A Peasants guild and a Samurai/Ninja/Monk guild (which in my opinion should be split into three seperate guilds).

Why should it be splitted?
Because of the ninjas and samurai are mortal enemies thing?
I want abit more information on the subject.

PraWN

Wanderer
Sintoo said:
What you describe would give an orc for example the ability to hide outside someones house wack em when they come out hide again wait for the next one to come and kill that one to, basecamping and not having to roleplay when meeting someone AKA turning it into a PVP slugfest in my opinion.

Roleplaying is about pretending to be the class you choose right? Playing an Orc, they wouldn't hide outside someone's house and kill anyone who comes out. They would all sit in the Orc Fort, get hungry and then raid a town to feast on human flesh. However playing an Assassin, you would do something like hiding outside someone's house and kill your target when they come out. I do agree that some form prevention is needed to stop roleplaying classes acting incorrectly should be taken, but not allowing anything full stop is stupid. Instead maybe punish those who do act incorrectly? Maybe give them a warning, fine them some gold and if they keep on doing it then they will be kicked out of the guild?

Sintoo said:
As for diffrent rules for seperate classes I think is a good thing since not all classes are the same thing and try to balance who you play, for exapmle since we wont use PS's and magic items just lowering a a classes armor PR would make them more vunerable showing that they're of a maybe lower and diffrent class, as for example in my guild the peasents wont be allowed to wear as much armor as a samurai because why would a peasent be running around in an full suit of armor?

As I said before, roleplaying is about pretending to be the class you choose. Roleplaying a peasant means you shouldn't be walking around in full armour and wearing more gold than Snoop Dogg. If I was roleplaying a peasant I'd be walking around in just a robe and a straw hat with a dagger for protection. If your roleplaying a peasant and walking around in full armour, then your not roleplaying and again a punishment should be given for those who do this type of thing.

Sintoo said:
The horses I would have to agree with you when on a raid.
I have never seen a pirate on a horse, this has nothing to do with the topic I just realized I cant remembering seeing a pirate on a horse in a movie or nothing its just wierd when I think about it. :)

I've never actually seen a Pirate on a horse either, but I was using it as an example :).

Sintoo said:
"Some classes are plain mightier than others, such as magic-wielders. Furthermore, it is good a way to put risk into battles in our community."

Items are atleast in my guild given to a new player such as armor and weapons when they need it and reach a certain rank all they have to do is ask. Bandages isint really that hard to ge a hold of kill a sheep and you've got 50 bandages and are good to go again.

Ok, maybe I was wrong on this one. But I still disagree that making strict rules on what you can and can't take is wrong, mainly because in the heat of battle if your looting you don't want to be counting the pennies so to speak. As you say many items that roleplayers will have on them will be cheap and easy to come by, so maybe allowing people to loot what they want would be better? You must be stupid to be carrying something valuable around with you at all times anyway, let alone during a roleplay battle.

Sintoo said:
Once again my way of trying to balance things out, in my opinion a mage on a mount has 100% chance of killing someone on foot with a meele weapon in my opinion. Though I dont care if a a mage is mounted or not this was just an idea trying to balance the mage's power.

True. But a mage against 5 archers and 5 melee weapons? I doubt that they'll last very long. Especially if everyone is on a mount... How much do horses cost? 500 gold? Bargain!

Sintoo said:
Isint roleplaying abit silly? ;)
If you die 10 seconds after a battle your dead( or as in this case "wounded" until next time), as you say "an Evil Mage wouldn't stop to get off their mount"
A person with a sword through his gut wouldent lay on the ground, run in a spirit form to a healer get resurrected out of thin air and then go back to get his stuff and just jump back in again.
Instead this makes strategy more needed so people dont run along by themself thinking oh doesnt mather if I die I can just go get resurrected and join the fight again and how would a fight end? the winner is the one with the most persistent people?.

Ok, so maybe I was wrong again. Keeping the death robe on and not being able to rejoin the battle is a good idea. Keeping to your idea, a person with a sword in their gut wouldn't get up after 30 minutes and start butchering people again would they? Maybe staying in your death robe untill the battle is over is better? Then whichever roleplaying class is left standing at the end is the winner?

Sintoo said:
In reality as you say I'm not certain what you mean by that since very little is known about ninjas, about 95% of what people think they know about them is what hollywood has made them.
As for all people know ninjas were samurai's trained in art of stealth.
I have no idea what you've goten the information from were samurais and ninjas would be enemies.
Just for an example how would a ninja survive in ancient japan if working under a clan? Would the clan not have any samurais...Isint a Daimyo a samurai? wouldent that make it pretty impossible for a ninja to work for them? since they would have to go "YOU ARE MY MORTAL ENEMY" in an unlipsynched way everytime they meet making their working relationship abit on the edge so to speak.

And as for all people know, Ninjas could have been trained by someone to take out the Samurai? I am aware that very little is known about Ninjas, but in my opinion the fact that Samurai and Ninjas were enemies is a bit more likely than the fact that they were friends. Samurai have great pride and honour in what they are and what they do, so it seems strange that they would train "secret agents" to do work for them. My guess is as good as yours, but I still think they should be kept seperate. They are different roleplaying classes and it's almost like having Orcs and Undead in the same guild.

As for my interest: I'm a roleplayer through and through. I love it! Don't ask me why, I just do. I was roleplaying on the Europa shard from T2A right up to AOS, but then real life commitments got in the way so I quit. I played it again every now and then, but this time I'm back for the long run! Thanks again.

Maybe we should discuss our ideas furthur on MSN or ICQ Sintoo? That way, we could come up with a set of solid and fair rules for everyone to follow and other such things. I currently don't have ICQ but I can download it if needed, but my MSN is [email protected] so add me if your interested.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Roleplaying is about pretending to be the class you choose right? Playing an Orc, they wouldn't hide outside someone's house and kill anyone who comes out. They would all sit in the Orc Fort, get hungry and then raid a town to feast on human flesh. However playing an Assassin, you would do something like hiding outside someone's house and kill your target when they come out. I do agree that some form prevention is needed to stop roleplaying classes acting incorrectly should be taken, but not allowing anything full stop is stupid. Instead maybe punish those who do act incorrectly? Maybe give them a warning, fine them some gold and if they keep on doing it then they will be kicked out of the guild?

As you said its about being who you roleplay so what stops that person from roleplaying an orc thats a mute peeping tom that like to hide out of people's houses and kill just to hide again and wait for its next victim to come by ?
Cant have it both ways, and it isint that hard to put in some roleplay it just sounds like a weak excuse to be able to bumrush somebody, to me atleast.

I've never actually seen a Pirate on a horse either, but I was using it as an example .

Yeah I know, but isint it freaky? Been trying to find some pictures or something just to get it out of my system. This was the only thing I found :p

Ok, maybe I was wrong on this one. But I still disagree that making strict rules on what you can and can't take is wrong, mainly because in the heat of battle if your looting you don't want to be counting the pennies so to speak. As you say many items that roleplayers will have on them will be cheap and easy to come by, so maybe allowing people to loot what they want would be better? You must be stupid to be carrying something valuable around with you at all times anyway, let alone during a roleplay battle.

Dont loot during battle, problem solved. If your such an asshole that you start looting bodies during a fight and leave your guild partners to fight for themself I'll gladly trample you down to the ground.

Yeah just because we're roleplayers doesnt mean that someone will get greedy and get sticky fingers so valuable's shouldent really be brought with you and they really dont have nothing to do with your roleplaying char to do so why have them at all?.

True. But a mage against 5 archers and 5 melee weapons? I doubt that they'll last very long. Especially if everyone is on a mount... How much do horses cost? 500 gold? Bargain!

Isint really about what they cost is it? its about what you play as. I've played as an orc on siege perilous, and an undead in CoY and neither of these used any kind of mounts so I'm pretty used to getting runned over by the mounted type. As I said I dont care if the mages are mounted or not I'll do my best trying to bring them down anyway I can, ( I learned to appreciate, love and respect the bola during my roleplaying days so to speak :p ) just wanted to balance em out.

Ok, so maybe I was wrong again. Keeping the death robe on and not being able to rejoin the battle is a good idea. Keeping to your idea, a person with a sword in their gut wouldn't get up after 30 minutes and start butchering people again would they? Maybe staying in your death robe untill the battle is over is better? Then whichever roleplaying class is left standing at the end is the winner?

Works.
Useless facts: I think 30 minutes in the Britannia world is like 4 hours and 50 minutes or something. This has nothing to do with anything as I wrote useless facts :D.

And as for all people know, Ninjas could have been trained by someone to take out the Samurai? I am aware that very little is known about Ninjas, but in my opinion the fact that Samurai and Ninjas were enemies is a bit more likely than the fact that they were friends. Samurai have great pride and honour in what they are and what they do, so it seems strange that they would train "secret agents" to do work for them. My guess is as good as yours, but I still think they should be kept seperate. They are different roleplaying classes and it's almost like having Orcs and Undead in the same guild.

As for the samurai's having great pride and honour I dont think they had any less or more honour then anyone else if they all were such honorable persons then why did a term such as ronin ever develop? A samurai is to follow their leader into death no mather, what if their clan was to be disolved SEPPUKU on your ass! Yet all these ronins started to show up after the wars when there was peace and became bandits and other maybe not so worthy things.
So was the diffrence between a samurai calling himself a ninja and killing for money and a samurai being a bandit and killing for money?.

The reason because I wanted a ninja in my guild is to give more options on what to do in it. Most RP PVP guilds I have known of has diffrent cast's so to speak, the basic warrior, the rouge type and mages.
Sure I could just have called the rank's "samurai who knows stealth", but it doesnt really have that ring to it.

Maybe we should discuss our ideas furthur on MSN or ICQ Sintoo? That way, we could come up with a set of solid and fair rules for everyone to follow and other such things. I currently don't have ICQ but I can download it if needed, but my MSN is [email protected] so add me if your interested.

I defintley think we should, seeing that you seem to be interested in this wich makes me very happy :D
Ok I would have to say I'm going with ICQ since I want to keep my MSN into the category of people I know and to relive the good old UO days when hearing those awful ICQ sounds all the time. ( got to love that disable sound button)
ICQ number 276658840

WarriorMan

Wanderer
PraWN said:

d) No poisoned weapons unless you can poison them is a great idea. All roleplaying rules I've seen before have been no poisoned weapons full stop. But a poisoner would be able to poison his own weapons right? But then again a poisoner would be able to poison other peoples weapons too...

f) Dying and not being able to return to the fight for 30 minutes is again silly because if you die within 10 seconds of a battle starting, your going to miss the whole thing. Instead maybe keep your death robe on untill you have all your stuff back. Then it's up to the player whether they keep their death robe on and sit back to watch, or they can take their death robe off and rejoin battle! However a player with a death robe on should NOT attack anybody or be attacked by anybody. I know this may conflict with what I said earlier about roleplaying classes doing what they would do and killing on sight, but to be fair to all players this is a must.

well first i think other ppl should be able to posion the wepons as long as the wepon has the infecting skill other wise its just stupied next i kinda got lazy so i dident real all the long postts and mabey i missed it but how does the war end if ppl keep coming back im just curious u think they just shouldent if theres a war and you die your out of the war mabey theres a better idea to this that i dident think of but thats the only conclusion i can come up with

PraWN

Wanderer
Well I personally think we should just stick with no poisoned weapons at all, but it's up to the community really. So maybe there should be some sort of vote or poll on the rules to see which people like best?

1) No poisoned weapons at all.
2) A poisoner can only poison his weapons and that's it.
3) A poisoner can poison his weapons and other people's weapons.
4) People can just buy poisoned weapons as they wish.

I already said that I was wrong in saying people should rejoin battle after they die, because as you said there would be no end. It does still seem unfair that if you die after 10 seconds you have to sit out but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes, you win some and you loose some.

Come on people! Keep the ideas coming, we need a better roleplaying community! Sintoo and me had a short discussion over ICQ and we both agreed that decisions such as important events and rules should be made by some form of council. So if there are any of you out there that would like to take part in such a thing, then please PM or ICQ either Sintoo or myself. Thanks.

xaxas

Wanderer
Personally I think that the poison should be a priviledge of some clans/races like the undead, ninjas, dark elves if there are such and the others should have other priviledges. And the ninja clan can have a high-rank member which can help the lower-rank members with poisoning weapons at least until they get good enough in the poisoning skill. Also camping if you're an assassin won't be necessary if all player houses are public, because if you get hired to kill someone you just go in his house, kill him and get the hell outa there. So this restriction seems fine to me. The idea of 2 guilds with 20 people instead of 20 with 2 is perfect, simply because i might want to start from 0 with a brand new character (thus having no money for a guild) and advance from the bottom ranks of the assassins for example. Mages on horses are not so outrageously powerful I think, dont see why do we have to restrict them further from the "no armor, no FC/FCR & no LRC" And i would like to know if for example i happen to kill a drake with my warrior, skin it and, therefore, obtain horned leather will there be a clan crafter of some sort or i will have to ask people outside the guild to craft me a tunic for example? And, speaking of this, will materials as agapite, verite, valorite and barbed leather allowed or not?
Generally there are many things to make clearer but a role-playing community is what I have always missed in UO, so definitely count me in.
And one more thing guys, keep up the good work ;)

PraWN

Wanderer
This is what I mean when I say a council should be formed to make such decisions. These kind of decisions are too important for just one person to make. Input is good, but if we really intend to go through with making this Roleplaying Community we need to start making solid rules that people can follow. People can talk about their different opinions on different things untill the cows come home, but something needs to be set in concrete. So if your interested, please apply to join the council. Otherwise, I fear I may have to find another shard with a better Roleplaying Community :(.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Personally I think that the poison should be a priviledge of some clans/races like the undead, ninjas, dark elves if there are such and the others should have other priviledges

Yes not all should be able to have it my point exactly for example as in my guild only ninjas would be able to.

And the ninja clan can have a high-rank member which can help the lower-rank members with poisoning

Problem is why would anyone even try to get it when they know they dont have to and still can get their weapons poisioned? it would be like giving them an extra GM skill.

Also camping if you're an assassin won't be necessary if all player houses are public, because if you get hired to kill someone you just go in his house, kill him and get the hell outa there

This need to be talked trough alot I think. For example if one guild was going to make an assination attempt on a guild they would have to say so to the other guild wich the assasination is going to happen to...not excatly when but on wich day or something. Otherwise I think this will be exploited to very high lenghts "the stealth type players" just killing people on random and going "oh but I was a hired killer after that guy" and not doing this way to often and out of a roleplay perspective.

i would like to know if for example i happen to kill a drake with my warrior, skin it and, therefore, obtain horned leather will there be a clan crafter of some sort or i will have to ask people outside the guild to craft me a tunic for example?

I cant speak for future guilds that might want to join. But I can tell you that I'll use my crafter to make stuff and I'll be glad to help anyone out with stuff until the guild gets a crafter of its own.

I've also tried figure out some sort of armor color schemes and such but seeing that your account has to be 6 months old before being able to dye any leather I havent been able to do much.

will materials as agapite, verite, valorite and barbed leather allowed or not?

For armor I see no problem in using whatever material you want to...but seeing a common guard militia wearing full valorite plate armor might be abit out of the roleplaying genre other then that I'm fine with it.

And one more thing guys, keep up the good work

Thank you, sure will and I hope that this answer some of your questions.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
i got a gm talior so i can make regular armor for anyone to i got pleanty of leather lieing around vut yea we do need to get some solid rules down mabey we can start an other thread in like the guild part so we can disscuss these things and an other one in there for the guild to recruit i blive it was mentioned earlyer
ill start the 2 threads in there now one to recruit in my guild and one for rules

dead-eye

Knight
hey guys ive got a good idea. well i have a rp guild made called guardsmen of yew. were stationed in yew and im working on my roleplayer to get gm swords and things like that. and i was thinking i would like to add this guild to this community.

currently im the opnly member hehe. but i hope it will grow.

to my idea.

since the guilds called guardsman of yew i was thinking y not have an army. like if two guilds are fighting. bring in the guards to split them up and kill off both sides, or hire an army to go onto your side and stuff like that.

say orcs are fighting the peasents. peasents are pretty poor and untrained so they pool their money to hire guardsmen of yew, to come help them in battle.

the peasents end up winning the fight because of their hired army.

but then the orcs decide they want revenge and hire an assasin to kill the general a.k.a me!

so ive been killed a couple days later while at the jail/headquarters but the assasin was caught and jailed by 3 or 4 gaurds. mabey he tried to flee or kill a guard with his poisoned weapon but was badly injured and surrendered.

just a senario i was thinking up and that would be really cool to have an assasin to hire, think about it you walk into your house and someone pops out from hiding and slices u with a poisoned weapon. boom your dead.

also i think this community should be based all in the same town and sectioned so you know what community is what.

and for the peasents and stuff that would be more of a neutral terrirtory because they will prolly have merchants and stuff so you would walk through there and buy goods and things.

i think that peasents should sell items like food drinks leather wool. and i also think that ity should be sold cheap. mabey walking through the peasents town you run into a vampire. your all alone and you think you might be able to kill it. so you attack. all of a sudden a few peasents walk by and see the fight. they kill both of you because they dont want fighting in their poor little town.

also for housing.

peasents should be in poor looking houses, like a 9x9 or something small with wood and plastering as walls.

the jail would be bricks because it needs to be secure.

also you can break out people in jail in this case the roof would probably have archers and a cool little idea i got, like using cannons would be EXPLOSION POTIONS thats pretty cool i think.

heres my guilds layout

You have the leader a.k.a me

then you have the second in command.

then the calvary (armor- ringmail/platemail etc)

then the archers. (armor-leather)

and then your horsemen.

the leader can ride a horse and so can second and third in command.

this would help you find out who the leaders are so you can destroy them

also another rp idea is if you kill off the higher commanders first the fighter should start surrendering. mabey some wont but then they will fight to thier death!

just a few ideas.

xaxas

Wanderer
Yeah, i also think the different guild bases should be stationed not too far away from each other, perhaps if trammel is chosen as a main land one should be in the deep forest (dark elves), another one near the water (the pirates, thats obvious), the orks/undead should try to show some creativeness and decorate their houses as ruins and graveyards and so on. The idea of only commanders having mounts seems fine to me too, still a lower-rank mage will die all the time. After all a mage cant wear not even leather armor and if he cant run a warrior will probably run through him easily. And the peasant community should be one i think, exept for the clan crafters. So that a peasant city of vendors and taverns can be located in a crossroad and various clans/races to visit it for both raids and purchasing, stealing and espionage. Still this supposes quite a large number of players involved. Trully, nothing can make me more happy than seeing, say, 80 or so people joining this RP community thus making it a REALLY GOOD one. But that's impossible at that moment anyways. But it all depends on ourselves, if we make the community nice and opened for the new ones they'll come. Count me in for all the organization/help/whatever needed stuff, i will be glad to help.

Sintoo

Sorceror
PraWN and I have been talking through the rules today and set up a few that will be definite, these rules might not work for all and I'm more then prepared to meet alot of whine and hearing that its stupid.
To be honest I couldent care less there is no way we can please everyone and have a functional community.
So to get this thing up and running we will start out with these rules that we have made and if you feel that they're ok or that your atleast willing to accept them and try them out your more then welcome to join us in trying to build this community.

Rules may or may not be changed in the future but I feel to get this started we have to begin somewhere.

These rules will be posted tomorrow maybe when we've looked through them abit more and see if we should add or remove something more.

Dead-eye why dont you combine your new idea with your old? having both peasants and a guard militia to protect the town?
But its all good I see that your interested in this and ready to work for it.
You already have an idea and have started a ranking structure wich is good.
As for making up scenarios at the moment is abit hard seeing we dont know who or what will play in this community.

Oh and when the server comes back up I think you should follow your path from the graveyard down to the crossroad ;) you might just find some new settlers there.

Yeah, i also think the different guild bases should be stationed not too far away from each other

Yeah I would like that to not making it to hard to intereact with eachouther.
My first thought was Yew and still is, mainly because it has lot of good places like the orc valley and undead catacombs and big unplotted areas towards Britannia. Though alot of castles has appeared there recently taking up spots.

Nice to see some people starting to really get interested in this and I hope we can make this a work.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
If we could get 80 ppl that would rock id say have my guild in Luna but that gets a bit crowded plus cant attack there so ill find some where in trammle also any comments on the rules i have a thread set up in the guild forums for it

yew works tho

PraWN

Wanderer
I agree with Sintoo on using Yew as the main city because as he said, there are lots of various places we could implement into guilds and events. I'm very glad to see that people are becoming more interested and some of the ideas your coming up with are great!

We definately have a Samurai/Ninja/Monk guild all set up and ready thanks to Sintoo. Any news about the Paladin guild that someone said they were going to make? Shame that the server has been down as it's not given people a chance to do such things but all in good time! I was very interested in starting up an Assassins guild myself so I'm more than happy to take charge of that rolplaying class. We also have some strong interest in other roleplaying classes too!

Please make sure that if you come up with an idea for a guild to make sure nobody else is doing the same thing. We don't want two guilds of Peasants running around when they could just combine to form one solid guild.

I'll make a list shortly of all the names of people and what roleplaying class they are interested in.

xaxas

Wanderer
Yew is a nice choice, yes. Btw ninjas and assassins cover each other to a certain point. I have an idea of a thief/rogue guild pointed at espionage and thievery, sometimes an assasination or two but unfortunately i dont have the money needed to set up a guild like this as it requires a lot more than just the gold for a guildstone. So if someone likes my idea feel free to realise it, I'll be most glad to see it becoming reality.

xaxas

Wanderer
Hmm, as i see the interest in ninjas is quite high. That is good but lets hope there will be samurais, paladins, and of course the evil undead (aka necromancers) because if we're all the "good" ones we wont have anyone to fight with and we'll have to leave the swords to get rust in the corner while happilly drinking ale all night after the hard day of woodchopping... :p