UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Old vs New Imbalance

Old
1.) Wipe vet rewards
2.) Add new yearly vet rewards
3.) Recharge old balances

New
1.) Establish dungeon currency (i.e. peg value of gold)
2.) Increase gold drop across the board (fountain not a sink)
3.) Year round gold sinks for consumable goods only (new hair dyes, etc)
4.) Add another level of SOS beyond ancient
5.) Add level 6 tmap (waves of spawn, like champ)

Last edited:

BASEGOD

Wanderer
1.) Disallow reds in towns.
2.) Move faction bases to original locations
3.) Change Armor Rating (AR) of hybrid AR to Fortification or lower
4.) Wand CUB for 2 weeks, then delete wands
5.) Add more staff at the counselor, GM, AND administrator levels
6.) Enable true AOE for pots
7.) Increase weight of bolts to 30 stones
8.) Add percentage chance for nightmare to attack owner if targeting a player whom is not currently engaged in combat with the owner.
9.) Revamp dueling system, make it non consumable, even explos. Add remove player to gump. Allow editing between duels. Allow for smoother map selection. Add maps for team duels, i.e. Nujelm secret duel area, east del duel area, etc.
10.) Increase weight of full potions to 2 stones, empty bottles will remain at 1 stone
11.) Greater STR should be considered valorite armor and only allowed with valorites in duels and tournies.

2. Sl base is broken
4. Would make UOF more appealing to pvpers
6. Would kill pots entirely since people just dismount script.
8. Not part of UO
10. Not part of UO no reason to implement
11. Stop smoking meth

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
2. Sl base is broken
4. Would make UOF more appealing to pvpers
6. Would kill pots entirely since people just dismount script.
8. Not part of UO
10. Not part of UO no reason to implement
11. Stop smoking meth
4. You must be talking about the 10 PVPers who are still here.
6. You have a point here, maybe change it up for factions, as they are the only real issue in towns if you follow 1.)
8. Pet PVP is a shame, and instead of deleting the Hybrid mare, other steps need to be taken to minimize the effect animals have in PVP.
10. So stacked pots have always been part of UO, we should un-implement that? The side effect of stacking potions is the PVP pack is now weight dependent instead of item dependent. In all seriousness, please retort. This is a good one to debate
11. This is probably the most obvious and easy change of the bunch.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Here are some much needed basics that will help us get started in the right direction.

Make basic magic weapons valuable again
Create a vendor in town that sells cool house deco's for gold dumping

Replace donation shop with donation coins
Add a donation vendor in town
Do not add skill balls to said vendor
Do not add gold, players can sell donation coins for the gold they need

Create a poker table somewhere inside west brit
Make it so reds cannot attack until attacked while in guard zone
Allow house placements in Britain farmlands for additional housing

Remove majority of vet rewards if possible
Replace hybrid armor with cool deco or make ar to 0.

Only allow horse ethy as reward, sell other mounts in donation store
Create mini rares that drop only in dungeons
Create rare monsters that spawn only in dungeons

Create gates to town for blues on level 1 through 2 in every dungeon
Create 120 skill scrolls that drop only in dungeons
Slightly lower skill gains a hair, lower crafting and taming skills even slightly more

Some good idea's, some not so great. But I think that those that I highlighted in GREEN, could definately be helpfull.

Those in RED, would hurt way more than help imho.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Hostile Actions without Associated Risk:
Any action taken against another player should either flag the aggressor for combat or cause him to become a criminal. Examples of hostile actions that currently have no risk or consequence:
  • Using peacemaking/discordance on pets.
  • Stealing from criminals and murderers.
  • Directly dispelling player summons.
This is particularly problematic in cities, where blues can harass PVPers without retaliation.

Consistent Skill Gains:
Currently, the speed of skill gains is tied to how many total skill points a character has attained: the greater the total, the slower the gains across the board. Because new players usually lack the knowledge and resources to take advantage of this system, they are often advised to scrap their first characters and start over once they've obtained enough gold to do so. This can be discouraging for obvious reasons.

If the goal of the current skill system is to have players reach viability at a reasonable pace, then we can accomplish this by making specific skills easier to raise like healing, weapon skills, and magery. It should never be more economical to delete a character than to retrain it.

Misc:
  • Ghosts shouldn't block runes.
  • Emotes should be mutable.
  • The guild charter should allow for more than 50 characters.
Associated Risk:

Stealing from crim/murderers - if this happened outside of towns, couldn't you just kill the person? This is only a problem with Reds and Greys in towns. Blue's don't have an issue with it, as the aggressor already flags when he steals. Personally, I find great irony in your choice of diction using "Associated Risk". Wherein a murderer or a criminal is the "victim" of theft. Those characters made those decisions and, by Lord British's laws, karma is a bitch.

Peacemaking pets and Dispelling summons, you are correct.

Consistent Skill Gains:

I can see your points, but there are pros and cons to a change like this. In the end it's almost a moot point, but sure, why not.

Misc:

Ghosts and Runes - I don't see why this is a problem. It's a convenient way to troll those who death gate.
Emotes - 100% agree, though this may be more of a razor update than an ingame update
Guild 50+ - There are currently 4 guilds that have 50+ members, and they are at war with each other.

You have good ideas, some would be easy to implement with minimal externalities. B+

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Pvp point system.

Basically make it like factions, but it applies to all characters.
Kill players with high points and gain lots of points.
Killing a scrub with 0 points nets you nothing. Keep the abuse down
Save up and Cash in your points for various rewards. This could be gold, runic smith hammers, reg deeds, kegs bolas etc.

Have various one of a kind items available at certain milestones. Blessed trammy hued shit.

Include a seperate point system, for PVM
Killing a skeleton nets you a single point, kill a lich get 25, kill a balron get 100 or whatever

Cash points in for rewards like the pvp rewards. Throw in pvm kinda stuff too like pet bonding deeds as a reward.
Of course have special 1 if a kind milestone items for the truly dedicated pvmers.
This could include a reward for some kind of insane one of a kind mount, or other pet

A reward system like this would get the dungeons rocking again, pvmers seeking reward, while bringing in dungeon PKers/pvpers seeking the same

A reward systen like this might get things hoppin around in del, and the dungeons. Plus, itd be fun!

Not sure IF its even possible to do all that, but I'll leave that technical genius to greater minds ;)
PVP point system - I'd say factions and murder counts already represent that.

Point system for PVM - Good idea! Possibly better player titles for Lord? Lord of the Liches, etc. These could reset every month so that player is recognized for how much they've farmed. Would also make it easier to catch scripters!

PVP rewards, I'm 100% against these. PVP should be balanced to both new and old players.

Good ideas though mate, keep em coming. Also please do what Suzy said and comment on some of the other ideas being posted here. The good ones will shine through.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
1. Remove stables from wbb. Remove healers/banks/animal trainers from valhalla GY and every other duel pit.

If you die in the field go fucking run ur ass to town to res, or have a friend with mana to res you. No one wants to pvp to see you alive in 1 second after death with a blessed axe trying to conc blow me.

2. Remove Rank for runing for CL in factions (or revamp it another way)... You guys ruined factions SO FUCKING HARD by point wiping everyone. Even when I steal towns no one can use them cause the only person who can appoint people no longer plays. And there is NO ONE to kill to reach level 7 or whatever. FACTIONS IS DEAD.

3. Re-do Large Tailoring Bod rewards, replacing bear rugs and wall taps.
1. Yes, although I would like to see more wandering healers in the woods. Both Red and Blue.
2. Yes
3. Yes

Good ideas, base. Good reasoning behind them too.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
1. I don't see a big "change in this", altought that change won't really affect anything besides town killers
2. I agree the new faction bases are bad, but, at the same time, i don't agree having TB base at Brit, where you can spawn guards and minax base, for example, you can't
3. I agree, but I think for this option should have a CUB, and give another kind of reward and delete hybrid armor for ever after 2 weeks CUB.
4. I wouldn't delete wands, but put them to use regular mana.
5. Agree, but also you can't add stupid staff as they have been doing in the last months.
6. Agree, but between factions I would do not make this change.
7. I dont care
8. I dont care
9. Agreed
10. Agreed
11. Obvious and necessary, "events with all potions go" people will spam str pot and survive til its last second.

1. would be a huge change for Hybrid, it would force PVP to move toward moongates, guard zones, and most importantly, factions.

2. UO was created with both TB and CoM being the blue factions (in guard zone) and Minax/SL being red factions. Whereas TB and CoM get the benefit of NPC guards, Minax/SL get the benefit of having red characters attack opposing faction members on their way into and out of the base. One could argue this is more of a benefit than NPC guards.

3. I don't think Hybrid armor needs to be deleted. I don't see anyone PVPing in Ranger or Phoenix armor, as they have no significant Armor Rating or irrational benefits.

4. If you made them cost mana, you would need to change them to a random timer. They are too easily scripted and abused.

7 and 8 would become footnotes if the rest was implemented.

Thanks for you input sir. I ask that you don't flame somebody for posting their opinion, this thread is meant to be constructive! Thanks again dude.

YewGuards

Sorceror
Old vs New Imbalance

Old
1.) Wipe vet rewards
2.) Add new yearly vet rewards
3.) Recharge old balances

New
1.) Establish dungeon currency (i.e. peg value of gold)
2.) Increase gold drop across the board (fountain not a sink)
3.) Year round gold sinks for consumable goods only (new hair dyes, etc)
4.) Add another level of SOS beyond ancient
5.) Add level 6 tmap (waves of spawn, like champ)

I support all of these. However recommend slight alternations on two.

Old
2) This is less of an alteration, more of an "in a addition to." Make sure the new yearly rewards are not a clone of the current vet rewards. Some of those items should be considered a mini rare or sold on the donation vendor.

New
2) I wouldn't increase gold drops in dungeons or at all. Let's fix inflation instead of continuing on with our third world economy.

I must say that it's a relief seeing a lot of the community being open to change for once.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
-wands, With the current wand abuse... they will loose 100% of the time, giving them no hope, which causes them to log off or move on to other servers.

-make it possible to obtain Banker deeds and animal trainer deeds (make these obtainable through the event league or some other way)

-Put a poker table on top of Brit bank 50/100k blinds 5m minimum buyin 100m max buyin

-Make a very nice MOB Spawn at Brit GY. This sacred place has been quite for far too long. This should be a main focal point for action. Let Paragons spawn at this place every month regardless of the particular MOB that month.

-I want to see more advertising for Hybrid

-I would like to see mass e-mails sent out to every single old player that has ever played this shard

-New events for instance (Host this in a Delucia replica arena. FFA with field rules and allowing ethreal mounts. Let people respawn till the time limit is up rather then them being kicked out after 1 death)
Wedge, you know I respect you and think you're legit af, but some of these are too vague in the "fix the economy" aspect aforementioned by Suzy.

I sifted through this very hard to dissect post and will post my thoughts below.

1. Wands, yes, they are a problem. No I don't agree with your solution, I have posted my reasoning in this thread.

2. banker/animal trainer deeds. No. There is a reason this hasn't been done.

3. Poker, should not be involved in this conversation, just yet. Long story short, that boat needs to be raided by pirates and burned. There are more viable locations for poker.

4. Brit GY MOB Spawn - I agree, but perhaps brit GY should have a basement... a very haunted basement with hard monsters... where noobs can play up top but the vets go downstairs... where they can't recall out of (a la Wind)...

5. Advertising/emails - Yes, but doing it now wouldn't retain players, it would attain more, but retaining players is a major issue here.

6. Events - I really think that respawn should be quicker in events. I'd also like to see game type set up wheres events run in sequence, red vs blue best of 7, etc.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I support all of these. However recommend slight alternations on two.

Old
2) This is less of an alteration, more of an "in a addition to." Make sure the new yearly rewards are not a clone of the current vet rewards. Some of those items should be considered a mini rare or sold on the donation vendor.

New
2) I wouldn't increase gold drops in dungeons or at all. Let's fix inflation instead of continuing on with our third world economy.

I must say that it's a relief seeing a lot of the community being open to change for once.
Old 2)
I agree, I think they should simply require more reward claims to redeem, instead of 1 claim for 1 reward, make it 5 claims for 1 reward and so on. That way you can spend 10 years worth of reward claims on 1 item.

New 2)
I have thought long and hard about the "gold sink" idea, and IMO it only helps 2 types of players. Old AFK players and new players. Old AFK Players don't need help. Inflation is a natural part of life and increasing the volume of new gold out there gives new players a better chance. In addition, year round gold sinks would provide the proper drain for this new gold.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
Make basic magic weapons valuable again
Create a vendor in town that sells cool house deco's for gold dumping
Replace donation shop with donation coins
Add a donation vendor in town
Do not add skill balls to said vendor
Do not add gold, players can sell donation coins for the gold they need
Create a poker table somewhere inside west brit
Make it so reds cannot attack until attacked while in guard zone
Allow house placements in Britain farmlands for additional housing

Remove majority of vet rewards if possible
Replace hybrid armor with cool deco or make ar to 0.
Only allow horse ethy as reward, sell other mounts in donation store
Create mini rares that drop only in dungeons
Create rare monsters that spawn only in dungeons
Create gates to town for blues on level 1 through 2 in every dungeon
Create 120 skill scrolls that drop only in dungeons
Slightly lower skill gains a hair, lower crafting and taming skills even slightly more
Basic Weapon Value - I disagree, I see no point.
Gold Sink Home Deco Vendor - I disagree, I can explain the economics of this fallacy but just trust me.
Donation Coins/Vendor - I agree.
Skillballs - My only though on these is that you need to increase the # of skillballs on shard if any PVP changes are made. Some templates become useless as they were made to lean on wands.
Reds in GZ - I have posted my thoughts already. Interesting idea to curb townkilling.
Houses in Brit Farms - I disagree, there are plenty of house spots.

Vet Rewards - Yup
Hybrid AR - Yup
Ethys - Interesting, but we already have so many ethys, this idea is better suited for a startup
Mini rares in dungeons - Should just revamp the "dungeon stealables" to fully randomized timers and locations
Rare spawn in dungeons - Yes, but not yet.
Gates in dungeons - Nope, you can recall or hide. It's a "Dungeon", man!
120 scrolls - Please no.
Skillgains - I think they're fine personally, Vizeroth had a nice idea in his post.

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
I'd wipe all gold and wands on this sever, who cares about the trammy items, if you want or need gold..go farm for it, room for corruption should be none these days if you want hybrid as a server to play on.. Personally feel that would help out alot.
I don't think wiping gold is a good idea. We are too far from the Original Position and the can of worms that would open would do more harm than good. Good intent/idea but there is too much fallout IMO.

Wiping wands is a decent idea, I would say wipe them with a CUB so people can get value for their hoards.

Good ideas everyone. I apologize for bombing this thread with responses but I am trying my best to contribute to this conversation. If I helped start this fire I need to either help put it out or fan the flames.

YewGuards

Sorceror
Basic Weapon Value - I disagree, I see no point.
Gold Sink Home Deco Vendor - I disagree, I can explain the economics of this fallacy but just trust me.
Donation Coins/Vendor - I agree.
Skillballs - My only though on these is that you need to increase the # of skillballs on shard if any PVP changes are made. Some templates become useless as they were made to lean on wands.
Reds in GZ - I have posted my thoughts already. Interesting idea to curb townkilling.
Houses in Brit Farms - I disagree, there are plenty of house spots.

Vet Rewards - Yup
Hybrid AR - Yup
Ethys - Interesting, but we already have so many ethys, this idea is better suited for a startup
Mini rares in dungeons - Should just revamp the "dungeon stealables" to fully randomized timers and locations
Rare spawn in dungeons - Yes, but not yet.
Gates in dungeons - Nope, you can recall or hide. It's a "Dungeon", man!
120 scrolls - Please no.
Skillgains - I think they're fine personally, Vizeroth had a nice idea in his post.

I was very vague with my statement of increasing value for basic magic weapons. What I meant by that is we have a real problem with our economy here and you can see it when you see vanq's are being sold for dirt cheap or disregarded.
My apologies for not mentioning that the gates should only apply to blue ghosts.
I also forgot to mention 120 skill scrolls would only apply to crafting. Where's my coffee?
Skillball removal would cause people to retrain and macro. Which causes more logins. We advertise the amount of players online during login, this would go a long way.
Ethys: It's a startup like mindset, however I think that's exactly what Hybrid needs. A rehab and new grand opening.
Housing in brit farmlands are allowed on every shard except hybrid. We were also the last shard to remove guards past the west brit bridge. With that said, I would advertise this on our grand reopening. This would create a lot of buzz and activity.

lucascyb

Sorceror
Just wanted to make a few suggestions of some stuff players been talking about:

1. Blades can attack people that flagged someone in town now without getting guard wacked.
2. When a attacker attacks a pet from outside of GZ they can continue to attack it into GZ without the pet or player flagging the opposing attacker.
3. Wands dont use mana.
4. When a opposing player peaces a pet they dont turn grey, peacemaking blue pets should turn a character a criminal.

Just some stuff id like to see changed... no biggy tho ill be here till i cant log in.

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Skillball removal would cause people to retrain and macro. Which causes more logins. We advertise the amount of players online during login, this would go a long way.
That's a very optimistic point of view.

In reality, most uo players have trained characters again, and again, and again, and again, (and so on)

Suggesting them, that they need to train tons of character again, and expecting them to log on, join, and be happy about starting to train again has as much chances to happen as crossing a flying unicorn on my way to work.

Would I log on to train a new character: Never
Would I log on to, pop a ball, and maybe try the new best thing after updates: Maybe

See where I'm going?

BASEGOD

Wanderer
Why are trammies & shitties the ones who focus on PvP suggestions is beyond me...

We have almost 3 pages of suggestions related to PvP mechanics by people who, 1. Don't Pvp 2. Can't Pvp. 3. Will never Pvp

But they sure do wanna dictate how Pvpers Pvp... Kinda like zanzibar.. See how that turned out? Shitties Dictating Pvp Mecahnics will be fastest way to kill this shard, that's a promise. The last PvP Changes made by Ryan were only taken from respected players, and for hybrids history It has always been like that. Runic Bows & Q Staffs and how they were dropped came from Tet. Aoe rules came from me. And the new bases were at the time a consensus from the real pvp community that they needed to be changed. Me, Tet, Ghost spoke for the majority of the community on that one. Moving SL from Serp to Yew Prison was due to my complaints about the base. I just hope Suzy realizes that Pvp Changes no matter what they are have always & should be run through active guild leaders known long time high level Pvpers before implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.