UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BASEGOD

Wanderer
None of has quit, and all of our guilds are active and still make up 75% of the hybrids population. Whether those players are flying under our tag or not.

Ghosts house is up with all his shit inside, same with me n tet?

BASEGOD

Wanderer
But I mean really everyone just wants new event store, more staff, and some kind of long term event like a CUB. No one was even thinking about pvp changes other than wands taking mana. Anyone who wants wands gone have quit/will quit soon/don't pvp so those peoples opinions are never taken seriously and never will be.

YewGuards

Sorceror
Oh MadeInQuebec , I'll train your characters for you. How's that? Also, notice that you said "maybe." I enjoy your company, so I'll most likely still have to bribe you to play. :)

As much as I enjoy your company, it's still not a great case for skill balls.

Would I log in to train a new character on a shard with a booming population? You bet your sweet ass I would.
Would I log on to, pop a ball, and maybe try the new best things on a dead shard after minor updates? Never

MadeInQuebec

Forum Member of the Year 2008
Oh MadeInQuebec , I'll train your characters for you. How's that? Also, notice that you said "maybe." I enjoy your company, so I'll most likely still have to bribe you to play. :)
I might call you up on that ;)
Would I log in to train a new character on a shard with a booming population? You bet your sweet ass I would.
Would I log on to, pop a ball, and maybe try the new best things on a dead shard after minor updates? Never
I think you are one exception amongst many. If you enjoy macroing and training character, it's all at your advantage, but I certainly know that for most people, it is not an interesting part of the game, and many just won't be able to get themselves to get on for that.

YewGuards

Sorceror
Why are trammies & shitties the ones who focus on PvP suggestions is beyond me...

We have almost 3 pages of suggestions related to PvP mechanics by people who, 1. Don't Pvp 2. Can't Pvp. 3. Will never Pvp

But they sure do wanna dictate how Pvpers Pvp... Kinda like zanzibar.. See how that turned out? Shitties Dictating Pvp Mecahnics will be fastest way to kill this shard, that's a promise. The last PvP Changes made by Ryan were only taken from respected players, and for hybrids history It has always been like that. Runic Bows & Q Staffs and how they were dropped came from Tet. Aoe rules came from me. And the new bases were at the time a consensus from the real pvp community that they needed to be changed. Me, Tet, Ghost spoke for the majority of the community on that one. Moving SL from Serp to Yew Prison was due to my complaints about the base. I just hope Suzy realizes that Pvp Changes no matter what they are have always & should be run through active guild leaders known long time high level Pvpers before implementation.
We should of course "value" expert advice from those active in that field. We should also be careful not to alienate other opinions so that we may avoid converting a glorious beach into a small sandbox.

Last edited:

YewGuards

Sorceror
I might call you up on that ;)

I think you are one exception amongst many. If you enjoy macroing and training character, it's all at your advantage, but I certainly know that for most people, it is not an interesting part of the game, and many just won't be able to get themselves to get on for that.
I think at this point it can't hurt to try. Unless we're happy with the way things are. We can't build a new roof without repairing the support structure first. Okay, enough with those silly analogies.

If Hybrid can implement one large change for the community. We shouldn't see a need to constantly pop steroids to test new things. Unless a select few simply want to keep creating random 7xgm characters. In that case, that's what test center is for, testing. So you can test prior to making a commitment to training your 20th character. Also, you'll be surprised by the amount of people willing to train for a chance to play on a shard with tons of activity. This fact already exist on other shards. With that said, we can always keep hybrid's skill gain speed. It's essentially as quick as a test center anyway.

Last edited:

BASEGOD

Wanderer
We should of course "value" expert advice from those active in that field. We should also be careful not to alienate other opinions so that we may avoid converting a glorious beach into a small sandbox.

Pvp mechanics should never effect other parts of the game. Even with 100 player count we have more action for this patch era than any other free shard, no reason to kill the goose laying the only golden egg. Pvpers are the most finicky, most of them are item/cash poor and really don't have time/wealth put in that the regs have, while still composing the majority of the active players. No one will quit in mass over an economical or trammie based change. The risk/reward for a pvp change is always risk dominate. No pvp Changes are coming so I am not to worried. But seeing the authoritarian trammies shit their pants at the chance to nerf current pvp is disgusting none the less.

TRADE MAN

Squire
But I mean really everyone just wants new event store, more staff, and some kind of long term event like a CUB. No one was even thinking about pvp changes other than wands taking mana. Anyone who wants wands gone have quit/will quit soon/don't pvp so those peoples opinions are never taken seriously and never will be.
I agree with everything Base said here with the exception of wands. You know I love you Base. Always been a good friend and have pvp'd with you for years now. The point I would like to make on wands is this, wands are great for all the beasts of PVP. But let's remember that the best pvper only make a small percentage of the community. Those elite pvpers would certainly come back and be more active if their were more mediocre pvpers on the field. They simply do not come out because they have 0 chance of winning a fight. Although I am a rich trammy, I have always pvped with the big boys. I also get my ass handed to me all the time. Not all players have the will power that I do to continue re-ressing and jumping back into the fight knowing they cant win. Let's make changes that will bring out all the pvpers. This will not ever happen untill wands are fixed. Sallos is not an easy program to get and set up for most people. Notice all the people fielding in UOF without wands. We have lost most of our player base to them and i blame this soley on wand pvp. I say this because I have 4 irl friends that have left this shard and its all wand pvp's fault. Those guys only used razor and hated how OP wands are. Have you guys fielded the real ninja lately? This proves my point. ALL WANDS. The wand using community complains that they use wands because its the only way to survive a gank when 4 people ganks you... News flash!!! IF YOU CAN SURVIVE VS 4 PEOPLE GANKING YOU.... THERES A HUGE PROBLEM! WHAT DOES THIS SAY FOR PEOPLE THAT MEATS THAT WAND USER IN THE FIELD FOR A 1V1? The non wand user will lose that fight 100% of the time. No chance to win 1v1 wand pvp unless you have wands/sallos. Lets please look at this topic very carefully. I only want whats best for the server. I believe this is the biggest reason that Hybrid has lost people. Please think of everyone abroad, not just our personal wants.
PS This was not a rant towards Base. I want everyone to think of whats best for the shard overall. We don't need a shard full of only badass pvpers. We need a full shard period. So much more fun to see random mediocre pvpers in dungeons and all across Britania than just a handfull of elite pvpers all using the exact same template.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I was very vague with my statement of increasing value for basic magic weapons. What I meant by that is we have a real problem with our economy here and you can see it when you see vanq's are being sold for dirt cheap or disregarded.
My apologies for not mentioning that the gates should only apply to blue ghosts.
I also forgot to mention 120 skill scrolls would only apply to crafting. Where's my coffee?
Skillball removal would cause people to retrain and macro. Which causes more logins. We advertise the amount of players online during login, this would go a long way.
Ethys: It's a startup like mindset, however I think that's exactly what Hybrid needs. A rehab and new grand opening.
Housing in brit farmlands are allowed on every shard except hybrid. We were also the last shard to remove guards past the west brit bridge. With that said, I would advertise this on our grand reopening. This would create a lot of buzz and activity.
I agree with allowing housing in Brit farmlands. These plots could be placed by GM's and could be implemented as prizes redeemed from the Event League.

TRADE MAN

Squire
Wedge, you know I respect you and think you're legit af, but some of these are too vague in the "fix the economy" aspect aforementioned by Suzy.

I sifted through this very hard to dissect post and will post my thoughts below.

1. Wands, yes, they are a problem. No I don't agree with your solution, I have posted my reasoning in this thread.

2. banker/animal trainer deeds. No. There is a reason this hasn't been done.

3. Poker, should not be involved in this conversation, just yet. Long story short, that boat needs to be raided by pirates and burned. There are more viable locations for poker.

4. Brit GY MOB Spawn - I agree, but perhaps brit GY should have a basement... a very haunted basement with hard monsters... where noobs can play up top but the vets go downstairs... where they can't recall out of (a la Wind)...

5. Advertising/emails - Yes, but doing it now wouldn't retain players, it would attain more, but retaining players is a major issue here.

6. Events - I really think that respawn should be quicker in events. I'd also like to see game type set up wheres events run in sequence, red vs blue best of 7, etc.
I apologize how this post was written. I was limited on time when i made this post, so i started spilling out every idea i had at the time, so i know how all over the place it is. These are some ideas that i think could help out Hybrid. Ofc, I didnt intend for this to all get handled at the same time. I figured the powers at be could pick through these and decide what would and what would not work out.
Brit GY basement would be awesome. Lets get this done right away!
banker/animal trainer deeds.... I was being selfish when i suggested this one. How much fun would the pvp be at my castle be with those 2 things made possible?
Wands *biggest problem this shard has* SO OP, and effect pvp abroad causing us to lose all our less than ELITE pvpers. 1/2 Cast time , meaning it would cause a pause and wouldn't allow people to chase and lightning wand people down, or run from them while casting Greater Heal on themselves. I don't think than mana would effect wand users.
I agree that some changes should be made FIRST. Then let's advertise and sent out those mass emails. GRAND RE-OPENING with an opening date that would be advertised.
Poker Table on Brit bank.. This was a suggestion that I think would help the shard and be appealing to returning players
We do want to catch the attention of new players ofc, but mainly we should focus on getting the old players back first. Like it or hate it, Poker has always been a fun factor on Hybrid. I enjoy logging on Hybrid to play a little Texas Holdem. For me... it's a way to relax after a hard days work.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I apologize how this post was written. I was limited on time when i made this post, so i started spilling out every idea i had at the time, so i know how all over the place it is. These are some ideas that i think could help out Hybrid. Ofc, I didnt intend for this to all get handled at the same time. I figured the powers at be could pick through these and decide what would and what would not work out.
Brit GY basement would be awesome. Lets get this done right away!
banker/animal trainer deeds.... I was being selfish when i suggested this one. How much fun would the pvp be at my castle be with those 2 things made possible?
Wands *biggest problem this shard has* SO OP, and effect pvp abroad causing us to lose all our less than ELITE pvpers. 1/2 Cast time , meaning it would cause a pause and wouldn't allow people to chase and lightning wand people down, or run from them while casting Greater Heal on themselves. I don't think than mana would effect wand users.
I agree that some changes should be made FIRST. Then let's advertise and sent out those mass emails. GRAND RE-OPENING with an opening date that would be advertised.
Poker Table on Brit bank.. This was a suggestion that I think would help the shard and be appealing to returning players
We do want to catch the attention of new players ofc, but mainly we should focus on getting the old players back first. Like it or hate it, Poker has always been a fun factor on Hybrid. I enjoy logging on Hybrid to play a little Texas Holdem. For me... it's a way to relax after a hard days work.
I love the idea of a basement to help lure traffic back to Brit GY. I think you could place that poker table inside any of the taverns of Britain. If it were up to me, it would be the Salty Dog. However it's probably in the shards best interest to be seen somewhere relatively close to WBB, just not in it. Ideas that come to mind are the useless artist guild building, The Cat's liar inn/pub, southern docks and behind the "Hybrid's jail" guard house. Maybe we could get some use out of the pirate ship before burning it? Utilize it as a town invasion theme for a month.

We just have to make sure we implement some real changes before marketing.

TRADE MAN

Squire
nobody wants to know what you have to share about ideas, they look dumb and without any good argument.

what you can do tho, is buy hybrid and give it to someone good at uo
Maybe my ideas aren't the best. Its up to the community to post their good ideas and sift through the ones that other people has made. If this thread turns into a trolling fest then we will get nowhere. If you have some good ideas, then please feel free to post them. As far as being good at UO, I feel like I have done pretty well. I simply want whats best for the shard. If i was to buy Hybrid, it wouldn't be the best thing for the shard because I would be clueless in how to run a server like this. Also I would probably run around killing and deleting people that i didn't like... or people that started trolling on threads. Please post which of my ideas you disagree with and why. This way we can come up with some real changes/fixes for the server.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I love the idea of a basement to help lure traffic back to Brit GY. I think you could place that poker table inside any of the taverns of Britain. If it were up to me, it would be the Salty Dog. However it's probably in the shards best interest to be seen somewhere relatively close to WBB, just not in it. Ideas that come to mind are the useless artist guild building, The Cat's liar inn/pub, southern docks and behind the "Hybrid's jail" guard house. Maybe we could get some use out of the pirate ship before burning it? Utilize it as a town invasion theme for a month.

We just have to make sure we implement some real changes before marketing.
Invasion theme would be nice.
Poker table as close to bank as possible.

BASEGOD

Wanderer
I agree with everything Base said here with the exception of wands. You know I love you Base. Always been a good friend and have pvp'd with you for years now. The point I would like to make on wands is this, wands are great for all the beasts of PVP. But let's remember that the best pvper only make a small percentage of the community. Those elite pvpers would certainly come back and be more active if their were more mediocre pvpers on the field. They simply do not come out because they have 0 chance of winning a fight. Although I am a rich trammy, I have always pvped with the big boys. I also get my ass handed to me all the time. Not all players have the will power that I do to continue re-ressing and jumping back into the fight knowing they cant win. Let's make changes that will bring out all the pvpers. This will not ever happen untill wands are fixed. Sallos is not an easy program to get and set up for most people. Notice all the people fielding in UOF without wands. We have lost most of our player base to them and i blame this soley on wand pvp. I say this because I have 4 irl friends that have left this shard and its all wand pvp's fault. Those guys only used razor and hated how OP wands are. Have you guys fielded the real ninja lately? This proves my point. ALL WANDS. The wand using community complains that they use wands because its the only way to survive a gank when 4 people ganks you... News flash!!! IF YOU CAN SURVIVE VS 4 PEOPLE GANKING YOU.... THERES A HUGE PROBLEM! WHAT DOES THIS SAY FOR PEOPLE THAT MEATS THAT WAND USER IN THE FIELD FOR A 1V1? The non wand user will lose that fight 100% of the time. No chance to win 1v1 wand pvp unless you have wands/sallos. Lets please look at this topic very carefully. I only want whats best for the server. I believe this is the biggest reason that Hybrid has lost people. Please think of everyone abroad, not just our personal wants.
PS This was not a rant towards Base. I want everyone to think of whats best for the shard overall. We don't need a shard full of only badass pvpers. We need a full shard period. So much more fun to see random mediocre pvpers in dungeons and all across Britania than just a handfull of elite pvpers all using the exact same template.

I agree new players must have a fighting chance against Top 5% of the bell curve. And I also agree wands is the mechanism to do this not pvp mechanics I agree 100%.

YewGuards

Sorceror
I agree new players must have a fighting chance against Top 5% of the bell curve. And I also agree wands is the mechanism to do this not pvp mechanics I agree 100%.
I think then it's safe to say that most of us are in agreement that our main problems revolve around items and the economy. Not pvp nerfs or template changes.

Let's galvanize and demand change.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I want for that 5% of Elite pvpers to have newbs, and mediocre pvpers to fight/kill. They simply won't hit the field unless they feel that they have a chance of atleast coming close to winning.

TRADE MAN

Squire
I think then it's safe to say that most of us are in agreement that our main problems revolve around items and the economy. Not pvp nerfs or template changes.

Let's galvanize and demand change.
I feel like the only way to achieve this balance, is to have a CUB with some Semi rares counting toward more cub points than what an item such as a ruin halbard would. This would get rid of some of the useless semi-rares and replace tons of items with few items. New Cub cloth hues would be nice to see. Also maybe some neater Hair dyes. This would be a nice help because they would be consumables.

MelodyTFA

Squire
Everyone has giving Great idea's so far. But no one has statate the obviouse...... There isnt a single pvp or pvm or technical change that can be made to this shard to make new players join and old players reinstall the game.... The probleme is the population Periode and any changes that dont help to increase directly the population are worthless. I am the only one who gave an idea that was directly aimed at the MAIN probleme this shard is facing the population ( wedge too when he talked about advertising). No one even read my comment or tryed to build on it even tho... Thats how bad the remaining community is here........ Everyones trying to fix a HUMAIN probleme by adding more codes and technical stuff....... The fact is t'il that new player goes to bank and is Amazed seeing tons of chars logged on........ Untill the OldSchool players loggs and see,s the stupid little number telling pop of shard on logging go up.....The actualy population wont increase and any change to make a super new animal bod with gems systeme is pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.