UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Summer Festival Schedule

Selene

Demise Staff Member
Staff member
.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:.

SUMMER FESTIVAL SCHEDULE

Saturday & Sunday, August 4th & 5th, 2012

Festival grounds open on 4th at 11.00 AM eastern time
and
Close on 5th at 9.00 PM eastern time

Events that will occur throughout both days

~ Mage Poker ~
~ Let's Make a Deal ~
~ Deal Or No Deal~
~ Higher Or Lower ~
~ CTF ~
~ Bombing Run ~
~ Gambling Stones ~
~ Lucky Squares ~
~ Battle Statuettes ~
~Festival Poker ~

Events with deadlines prior to the day
Open for entries from Sat Jul 21st 2012
until
Closing on Fri Aug 3rd 2012 at 12.00 PM eastern time
Poetry Contest:
To Enter:
Compose a poem inside a writable book (purple books have 40 pages) and submit it with another book that contains your character's name, forum name and title of your poem. Place your books into a bag and then submit your entry in the drop box at West Britain Bank. DO NOT just drop your books into the entry drop box, your entry will be disqualified.
Only one entry per person, not per character.

THEME IS: SUMMER and your poem MUST include these 3 words: SUN, STARS, CHEESE :p

Winners will be displayed at the festival grounds during the day of the event.
Saturday Aug 4th 2012 Scheduled Events
Scheduled events are shown in eastern time.
Festival Grounds open
11.00 AM A special gate will be opened to the festival grounds.

1v1 & 2v2 PVP Tournies
11.15 AM Experienced at pvp or not? Come try your skills at this player vs player event. Insurance will not be lost during this event, so this could be a good place to learn.

Fishing Tournament
12.00 PM Who's the best fisherman/woman on Demise? Bring your lucky rod along to this competition to see who can catch the biggest fish.
You will need at least 80 fishing skill and be able to kill sea serpents to participate in this event.

Bob's Botanical Garden Box
2.00 PM More details at the bottom of this post. Sign-up opens 30 minutes prior to the start time.

Find The Lost Pet
4.00 PM The staff's pets have escaped and are wandering the lands, inform staff when you have found their beloved pets and they will grace you with a gift.

Pet Tournament #1: Pack Instincts
5.00 PM sign-ups begin, for a 6.00 PM start A tournament to find out who has the toughest group of pets. Pets will be pitted against each other, until only one group remains and is crowned the winner.
You may use any combination of pets that have pack instincts, within the 5 slot limitation.
More details at the bottom of this post.
Pet Tournament #2: Mountable Pets
8.00 PM sign-ups begin, for a 9.00 PM start A tournament to find out who has the toughest mount. Mounts will be pitted against each other, until only one remains and is crowned the greatest.
You may use any combination of mountable pets, within the 5 slot limitation.
NOTE: CU SIDHES WILL HAVE THEIR HEALING SKILL REMOVED FOR THE DURATION OF THE EVENT (to make sure battles do not go on all night ;)).
More details at the bottom of this post.​

Sunday Aug 5th 2012 Scheduled Events
Scheduled events are shown in eastern time.
Archery Tournament
Throughout the day (as and when staff have time to attend) A competition to see who can get the highest score, with 25 shots at the target. A rule book about this tournament is placed in the southwest corner of the festival grounds.

1v1 & 2v2 PVP Tournies
11.15 AM Experienced at pvp or not? Come try your skills at this player vs player event. Insurance will not be lost during this event, so this could be a good place to learn.

Scavenger Hunt
12.00 PM Come collect your basket and then run around the world collecting as many of the scavenger items as you can.​

Bob's Botanical Garden Box
2.00 PM More details at the bottom of this post. Sign-up opens 30 minutes prior to the start time.

Pet Tournament #3: Any other pet
4.00 PM sign-ups begin, for a 5.00 PM start A tournament to find out who has the toughest pet. Pets will be pitted against each other, until only one remains and is crowned the greatest pet.
You may use any combination of pets that you like, within the 5 follower slot limitation.
More details at the bottom of this post.​
A Special Event For Crafters
7.00 PM Details to be announced on the day.​
Festival Grounds close
9.00 PM
Specific event information

Pet Tournaments
Rules:
  • Only one entry per person, not per character.
  • You may not cast any spells or heal your pets in any way, also no barding skills will be permitted. Violation of this rule will cause you to be instantly disqualified.​
  • Between matches you must leave your pets in the pet holding area we have constructed. Removing your pets from this area will result in a disqualification.​
  • We strongly advise that all pets entered into the event be bonded, so they may be resurrected should they die.​
Sign-ups:
Page in game on your tamer after the sign up and before the start time. Any entries after the start time will not be accepted.
To register you must:
Have the pet/pets you will be competing with, with you.
Then send a page and wait for a staff member to come to you and record your entry.
Only once a staff member has come to you and told you that you have been entered will you officially be in the tournament.
Bob's Box

Brief description:
Bob's box is a puzzle box to solve and you are in the puzzle. This is both a psychological and sociological test.

Sign-ups:
To enter into Bob's Box please page staff on your character that you wish to be entered into the box 30 minutes before the start time. Only one entry per person is allowed. There will be a maximum limit of contestants chosen to enter the box online at the following times:
· 2 PM eastern time, Saturday 4th August
· 2 PM eastern time, Sunday 5th August
These times may be subject to change with other events replacing them as the box progresses depending on progress of the contestants or popularity.

What happens next:
On the allocated times if you are chosen and online you will be asked to remove all weapons, armor, items and belongings to wear nothing but a robe. Then you will be pulled into the screening room with the other contestants ready for entry into the box. It is essential that you make sure all items are removed and that includes pets and mounts.

Time limit:
Once contestants first enter the box the contestants will have a time limit of 2 hours to solve it. After 2 hours pass contestants will be removed from the box.

Leaving early/quitting: If you should wish to leave early or quit the box there is a waiting room you will be able to page staff from to be removed.

That is all. I will leave the rest upon your arrival. I hope to see you there and good luck.

Demise Staff.

april0395

Sorceror
I read this about the third pet tourney: "You may use any combination of pets that you like, within the 5 follower slot limitation" --- Does it apply to the first and second tournaments as well?

Selene

Demise Staff Member
Staff member
I have edited the original post, I hope this helps with your question. :)

pahh

Sorceror
On my fisher I roll with a mare or beetle with me is this allowed? Im sure I can kill without just how I always fished

Selene

Demise Staff Member
Staff member
On my fisher I roll with a mare or beetle with me is this allowed? Im sure I can kill without just how I always fished
You can bring any pet that does not have a backpack, also please don't bring any fish of any kind or a fishing pole, as one will be provided on the day. :)

Athena

Account Terminated
Here is more information on the special crafting event:

This event is a PvM and crafting event made especially for crafters.

You must pass a small test to get in. You must have 100 or more in 4 different crafting skills, one from each of the following pairs:

Blacksmithy or Tailoring
Armslore or Carpentry
Mining or Inscription
Tinkering or Alchemy

The other skill slots can be any you like. Once you are inside, you cannot leave without dieing. There is no way to get your corpse, and no way to leave alive. So, insure everything you want to keep. We will not help you recover anything. The exit can only be used by ghosts, the reason for this will make more sense when you see what is there.

The event will start tomorrow at 7PM Eastern Time.

I am not going to give anything else away, you'll have to see for yourself if you enter!

Bob

Retired Demise Staff Member
Well done to those who entered my Botanical Garden Box today. So close, but no winners. Maybe we will have some winners on Sunday? I look forward to seeing you there.

Ophiuchus

Wanderer
Today was a lot of fun (I'm especially digging my fiery llama friend, even if it's just for a short time) and I hope tomorrow is even better. Is the lost pet event finished, and if so, can we get a list of their locations? I found a green orc in the basement of the Twin Oaks Tavern near Spirituality, but that's it.

carpentry OR arms lore :/

I've got tailoring , carpentry , armslore so far...was going to train my mining to have 4 gm crafting skills.
But since armslore and carpentry share the same "slot" i'll be doomed..i'll never be able to raising my tinkering from 54 to 100 and mining from 30 to 100 by tonight :(

Damn was really looking forward to this event.