UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 337 Update (July 1st, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: SVN 337 Update (July 1st, 2009)

i dont mean u dont, but yea people are guna be pissed when something they have worked for is just removed, i have barely had time to play lately so now i cant play till after summer probably cuz i dont have time to redo a char and train a new pet, i was just gettin on and useing the one i had which cant work anymore

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Updates are going to happen and change are going to occur. Some folks will like them, some won't. Templates are going to have to change, pets are going to have to change. In order to follow OSI, all of these things are going to happen.

Oh, and if you seriously don't think staff put more time into this server than any given player - you are living in a dream world. Staff members not only work in game, they work on the forums and in IRC too and its generally around the clock. We have some down time here and there but... wow - you may log in and play for 3 hours... but what if you had people calling you for questions (other staff members) or had to be on constant high alert for player issues? Being staff drains into your real life whether you like it or not. So - don't go wagging the ole you-don't-spend-as-much-time-as-I-do-boo-hoo finger. Tell me your char and I'll pull your props. We can compare in game hours: Ferris' staff to your player.

You aren't the only person affected by these changes and these changes aren't the only ones affecting players. Everyone will live, even if you think its the end of your gaming world.

So, in the words of my father "man up or walk away."

LC

ok just curios WHEN did i EVER say ANYONE put more time in then ANYONE, seriously where did u guys get that. I said people for one. And i was only refering to the the comment of you will live. Talk about needing some PR work. See your post crimson is more what i would expect from staff not a , oh well who cares kinda comment

fearofthedawn;580267 said:
ok just curios WHEN did i EVER say ANYONE put more time in then ANYONE, seriously where did u guys get that.

here:

Attachments

• time1.jpg
    time1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 118
  • time2.jpg
    time2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 120

fearofthedawn;580297 said:
um is that a joke?

Nope, it's what you can do and see as a staff member with a RunUO-based server. Pics are taken by a private server where I am owner, but it's the same for staff members in Demise.

but that has 100% nothing to do with what i said......like its totally random, i said when did i say anyone does more work then others

and thats like........yea......nothing to do with it, im talking about in this forum, or anywhere, i mean obviously the staff does more, but you totally went somewhere else

psz

Administrator

fearofthedawn;580105 said:
o and ferris ur just a jackass for sayin that lol i mean im sorry but really, its agame, everyone will live but people but effort into it etc, u put real hours of ur life into the game so to have to tossed back,

That statement reads as one of two assumptions:

1) Players do more than Staff
or
2) Players' time is more important than Staffs'

Next time, word your post better, or you'll be in the same boat again.

lol no it means he dismissed players time totally, like o well u put time into the game and boom its all for nothing, who cares

nothing about his time in any way shape or form

Aeolus

Sorceror

I'm not trying to start any shit- I'm asking this purely out of curiosity- how does the staff decide what will or will not be removed or nerfed? I'm just trying to understand why pre-existing items like shields with HCI will be left alone while peoples pets aren't? Maybe people wouldn't be so upset if they understood the criteria of those decisions (maybe?)

Also, can anyone explain why exactly hiryus were nerfed? I was under the impression they were already OSI accurate, but I'm basing that on what I've seen on Stratics which could very well be outdated. Sorry if it was explained somewhere else but I couldn't find an answer that satisfied my curiosity.

Nah we would still be upset lol, i get it, but i think they should be grandfatherd in

and just from my beleif its to match OSI, Rus are no where anywhere close to as popular on OSI servers, i still do business there for a broker. but then again it could be cuz they have Cu Sidhes etc

Nikki_Demise

Bug Hunter

Aeolus;580480 said:
I'm just trying to understand why pre-existing items like shields with HCI will be left alone while peoples pets aren't?

fearofthedawn;580483 said:
its to match OSI

OSI used to allow crafting shields with HCI then in their infinite(lack of) wisdom they decided they added too many items with HCI and the best way to balance that would be to disable HCI on new shields while leaving all the old ones in. How that is balance you'll need to explain to me but that is OSI's decision and they still haven't changed it so it's as OSI.

Hiryu's on OSI never had more than 108 wrestling AFTER taming. They only existed here in the first place because the code to change the cap when tamed was bugged and didn't account for the case where skill was > 100 pretame and < 100 post tame. And that's where we got the paralyze for higher wrestling trick. Then someone "fixed" it by uncapping tamed ru's, fixed the insanity where 114 wrestling was a better find than 120 but didn't fix the core issue of not being as OSI. That's now been fixed and since the over skilled ru's were never as OSI they've been fixed like bake's were when they were fixed.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Why are some things changed totally while others start at a certain point and move forward - because its the same as OSI. OSI said "hey, lets nix HCI on shields but leave them on the shields already made" - sooooo Demise did the same. The bakes, for example, were never out of whack on OSI but they were here. So, when they got fixed here, they were fixed across the board.

LC

Digatalas

Knight

Subjazz;580077 said:
The only thing I am really upset over is that now my Hiryu sucks
I had a Ru with 116 wres and 108 tactics

not it's nerfed to 104.4 amd 100
now I cannot keep up with the damage from certain mobs and believe me there is a DRASTIC noticeable change in this.
So does this mean there is no chance for better Ru's or I have to go and attempt to find another one amongst the rabble... I hated hunting there because of the traffic and cut-throat tamerz/necros etc.

I feel that I should not have to do this conidering I have been here for 4 years and I was quite content with my kick ass Hiyru. now it is a nerfed piece of crap

Drogadicto's RU he paid like 12kk+ for is shit now... it had 120 wrest, can't remember tacts and ALL the stats were within about 10 of the cap.... Just to add to that it was the ice green looking color. It was badass :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.