UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

SVN 427 Update (November 8th, 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.

psz

Administrator
SVN 427 Update (November 8th, 2009)

This is a PRELIMINARY changelog, as (due to the various issues we've had) it may change

(Thanks to Daed for compiling this list for me)

Added

Fixed

Replaced

• The Doom Lever Puzzle got replaced by a new version, built from scratch. This should aleviate numerous bugs associated with it.

removed

• The existing Guardian Room as been removed pending a new re-code

Hmmm.... Deja Vu...

souveran

Wanderer
Re: SVN 427 Update (November 8th, 2009)

drop bods form book will disappear when backpack hold 125 items ?(didnot see it droped to ground) is that a bug ?

gilgamash

Knight

souveran;651793 said:
drop bods form book will disappear when backpack hold 125 items ?(didnot see it droped to ground) is that a bug ?

Greets,

I know it the bod was deleted when you bought it from a vendor and your backpack was full, the money being lost. I changed all that in the bugfix.
I have not checked what happened in the 'normal' dropping situation but I will do it this week, promised. Basically, as I have not touched the dropping behaviour itself, it will have been lost before the patch as well.

Nevertheless, I will care about it.

Atb,
G:

Moghe

Sorceror

Thanks for the updates!

Looking for the new Plague Beasts Lords, however they haven't spawned yet. Are they on the same spawn counter as Plague Beasts, and thus we have to kill a few before they spawn?

[Demise]Yung

Sorceror

Seems to be working like a charm, thanks all coders, testers and otherwise involved people.

uome

Bug Hunter

souveran;651793 said:
"There is not enough room in your backpack for this" or some similar message and no bod is dropped, at least thats what i'm seeing anyway.

Thanks gilgamash for the bod book fix, it's the best thing since sliced bread. Oh wait we don't have sliced bread yet do we? :rolleyes:

Pont

Knight

uome;651931 said:
it's the best thing since sliced bread. Oh wait we don't have sliced bread yet do we? :rolleyes:
Bah, I demand why not! :mad:

gilgamash

Knight

Hoi,

I do not see any bug, too. It works.

But don't we have poisoned bread? (I mean, come on, that was the best
easter-egg or 'bug' ever, poisoning Lord British with the rat-poison buttered bread in U9...).

G.

KickerofAssets

Sorceror

i played lake super when the solon first came around, after about a year or so as i recall. those spots where ants and beetles popped up were in the same places. never random. i also know this do to several rune libraries having those same holes for a long time. subsequent patches after about 1 year could have changed this effect. but i dont care either way. they are fun regardless of where they pop up.

thinking of random, why is the mining system so horribly nerfed?? randomly mining for certain ore seems so....so out of place. is this deliberate or just another thing to be coded to osi some time down the line? it makes all the mines completely pointless and ruins all social connections where by players relied on other players to protect miners in valorite mines. increasing value of said higher quality ore products and allowing players(forcing them really) to get help and actually work for those nice goods.

psz

Administrator

Moghe;651817 said:
Thanks for the updates!

Looking for the new Plague Beasts Lords, however they haven't spawned yet. Are they on the same spawn counter as Plague Beasts, and thus we have to kill a few before they spawn?

They're just not spawning yet. I need to get on OSI and scope them out for a day or two to get the timing and locations right.

psz

Administrator

KickerofAssets;651996 said:
thinking of random, why is the mining system so horribly nerfed?? randomly mining for certain ore seems so....so out of place. is this deliberate or just another thing to be coded to osi some time down the line? it makes all the mines completely pointless and ruins all social connections where by players relied on other players to protect miners in valorite mines. increasing value of said higher quality ore products and allowing players(forcing them really) to get help and actually work for those nice goods.

Unfortunately, OSI decided to do this as well, pretty much for the reason of reducing Valorite Minor Bots.

Which sucks, because on both Atlantic and ShardUDIC I had a house that was 1 tile away from a Val vein :-/

KickerofAssets

Sorceror

shocked this is an osi thing.. well i agree with the demise change for obvious reasons to make it like osi. so i wasnt mad or anything before or now, just seemed strange to me.

pisser to for my reasoning on social connections. i remember the orc mines in particular. you either wore a mask and hope packies etc didnt get wacked with your goods. or you had friends or hired hands to help keep the monsters at bay while you did your thing. =)
good times, felt like gaunt except for ore runs lol

oh and on plague lords; are they in game at all? or is it a timer hiccup? those are so SO good fun. i had at one point on osi like 50 neon blue brains. it was hilarious. i'd have a brain party at the brit bank. just droppem all and people would placem in funny area's like an easter egg hunt lol

if it helps psz- lords were in swamp area in around groups of 2-3 at a time. areas like
-that swamp under the desert area of compassion
-Ilshenars Nox Tereg (south of humility shrine/gate)
-Ilshenars swamp directly south of black thorns castle

hope that helps. spread out alittle but in the same area of pack of 2 to 3 in a spawn range of around 1-3 minutes depending on when one was killed from the last. oddly i dont recall them respawn all at once if all were killed in a rough same time span.

also, i dont recall (several years ago) more than those 3 locations having the lords. maybe more were added after i quit. =)

psz

Administrator

See my previous post in this thread re: Plague Beast Lords

KickerofAssets

Sorceror

sad to say this isnt actually new. its been going on for awhile. several months for me atleast. trade windows seem to crash the client every so often.

even more fun is i have what seems like razor and client competing for whos on top when i first start it up. my uo bar keeps flicking off and if i dont click on it, it can cause a crash with a "not responding deally".

hugoboss

Sorceror

uome;651931 said:
Thanks gilgamash for the bod book fix, it's the best thing since sliced bread. Oh wait we don't have sliced bread yet do we? :rolleyes:

Pont;651933 said:
Bah, I demand why not! :mad:

a big thank you for the bod book fix indeed! :)

no bread? err... let them eat cake i say!

psz

Administrator

Re:Razor/Client

Go to both the Razor.exe and Client (NOT UO!!!!).exe and set BOTH to Admin and XP SP2

This SHOULD fix quite a few (but not all) crash issues.

psz;643865 said:
Added

Looking forward to these a LOT as soon as they spawn... (Thanks in advance, psz ;))

Fixed

OMG! No one will be able to complete Semidar ever again!

THANKS GILGAMASH! Brilliant fix. :)

Replaced

• The Doom Lever Puzzle got replaced by a new version, built from scratch. This should aleviate numerous bugs associated with it.
RunUO Code ftw. Thanks Xavier.

Great to get back on the update trail. Thanks to everyone who lent a hand.

FE

Status
Not open for further replies.