UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 529] Merged Arcane gem threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pont

Knight
[SVN 529] Merged Arcane gem threads

Nerf me if this is not as per OSI: :eek:

How it works on Demise: You can bless arcane robes, cloaks and boots.

How it works on OSI: I heard that arcane clothes can't be blessed on OSI, this needs testing.

Way To Experience: Use a clothing bless deed on an arcane robe, cloak or boots.

Documentations: None atm

Code: None atm

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Blessed Arcane Clothing (AKA nerf me)

Hilde;614360 said:

Documentation
(sorry, only got a stratics link):

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30051 (Scroll doooooown to "Arcane Clothing" - almost at the end of the page)

In particular, this line:
Arcane clothing can be dyed like regular clothes, but it cannot be blessed. Also, do not change blessed clothing into Arcane clothing since the blessed status will *not* be retained.

but if it could be tested in OSI would be better.

Pont

Knight

So I spent the last couple of weeks on and off on osi trying to take advantage of the free old player account that runs out tomorrow doing BODs to get a clothing bless deed. Still no bless deed.....grrrrrr. So this remains untested.
I did talk to a player who informed me that you could bless them but he did not know what happened if you tried to recharge them.

Last I knew, this was Stratics being outdated. Of course, I could be wrong...

Of course, while at it, we need to check how the hue of arcane clothing goes both when you make it and recharge it... On OSI, does it always shift to the same hideous red color each time you recharge it?

Pont

Knight

Krave;683644 said:
You cannot bless arcane stuff in osi. I tested it
Thank you for testing that for me Krave. Any coders want to pick this one up?

Copern

Sorceror
Re: [CODER NEEDED] Blessed Arcane Clothing (AKA nerf me)

Do we want old arcane clothing to unbless upon start up?

Xavier

Account Terminated

Two things come to mind

1. if there EVER was blessable arcane clothing on OSI, I would think we can leave them be pre-patch blessed.

2. if we DO unbless them, we should find the item's parent container or wearer's pack and drop a bless deed.

Bile

Knight

Bless the Robe/Boots/Cloak before you convert it to Arcane Clothing?

Pont

Knight

Seer Xavier;683687 said:
1. if there EVER was blessable arcane clothing on OSI, I would think we can leave them be pre-patch blessed.

However if there is Arcane blessed gear on OSI does this become un-blessed upon re-charging?

This would be hard to verify.....

Imagine if you did find a blessed piece of arcane clothing on OSI. How would you convince the owner of that rare piece to try re-charging it/let it run out of charges if it could possibly loose its blessed status?

Copern

Sorceror

Bile;683689 said:
Bless the Robe/Boots/Cloak before you convert it to Arcane Clothing?

So what happens in this case on OSI anyway? Does it drop the blessing or complain that it's blessed (if so, what's the message?).

Krave

Sorceror

i go bless cape or robe and try put arcane on it. then we know what it says.

das3

Sorceror

See attached patch. Tested on private server, seems to do fine.

With this no item with the (sub)type IArcaneEquip and blessed property can be turned into arcane clothing. Someone check with psz/ASyre if this is desired.
And ... right now it leaves previous blessed arcane clothing as is. So stock up on those. ;) Or tell me how to handle 'em.

Attachments

• 124776_arcane_blessed.diff
    1.1 KB · Views: 12

Pont

Knight

Yes we need an executive decision as to what will happen to the existing blessed arcane clothing. Here's the options so far:
  • All blessed arcane clothing gets deleted and a bless clothing deed placed in its place.
  • The blessed arcane clothing remains blessed until it is re-charged, then it looses its blessed status.
  • The blessed arcane clothing remains blessed and can be re-charged.
Since no one has found any blessed arcane clothing on OSI it would be a logical conclusion to go for one of the first two options. :(

I think we need someone with a final say to answer this one. PSZ?

My thought is this one can go in TESTING, and leave this patch to the conclusion to "leave existant blessed arcane boots as they are".

This because it's a decision we can't take for all of shards based on RunUO: every admin would prefer to take a decision about.

So... I suggest the option 3 for RunUO, and eventually a Demise-only patch according to what staff wants to do.

(unless staff commands something different)

Status
Not open for further replies.