UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 535] Blood Oath: damager, pvp dmg cap, resisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pont

Knight
[SVN 535] Blood Oath: damager, pvp dmg cap, resisting.

Type: Insurance problem?

Basic Description: Bload oath only kills in pvp get no insurance for the killer and the killed takes a hit of 600 gold per item.

Way to experience: Kill an insured char in Fel using blood oath only.

Detailed Description: If you kill an insured char in Fel using blood oath only you will gain no reward but the killed char will take a hit of 600 gold per item instead of 300 as if they had been killed by a monster.

Links: None.

Code: None at this time.

Dexter-LoM

Knight
Re: Blood Oath & Insurance

you get the insurance money ,,
i have necro on my alt char and if i blood oath i get the money but to be on the saef side ill double check in bout 20 min on osi ..

Pont

Knight

Dexter-LoM;579502 said:
you get the insurance money ,,
i have necro on my alt char and if i blood oath i get the money but to be on the saef side ill double check in bout 20 min on osi ..
You don't I tested it. Use blood oath only.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

this is where i was going to test it ,, on osi not on here i know that pont tested before posting here :p

Pont

Knight

Dexter-LoM;579509 said:
this is where i was going to test it ,, on osi not on here i know that pont tested before posting here :p
Ok my bad, sorry.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

Ok sorry it took so long had to contact my friend to help me test that one on osi since i cant duel client lol and no one wanted to help me even after i offered 100k to test it lol

my char
hp 118
mana 103
dex 34
115 magik resist
I took ponts armour on me lol but a robe and a bless totem

my friend mage 120 mage , 120 eval 120 magik resist
intl 132
hp 105
dex 43

notice how he has few less hit points then me so what i did is simple i cast blood oath on him and did not move he then comboed me for a total of 110 hit points

result i survived and he died

I received the insurance money ,, notice i did not cast anything else but oath on him first

second test he attacked me first then I casted oath on him the healed myself with gift of renewal thanks to a weiver near by that was wondering what we were doing. as i healed myself he continued to attack me and then he died i got the insurance money

we the did the same test to see ammount of insurance money
we both counted that he took only the pvp ammount of 300 instead of the 600 of pvm.

so conclusion is simple ,,,
on osi oath is pvp not pvm lol
we might have to work that one out to remove the correct ammount of money and receive the insurance money too

Dexter-LoM;580021 said:
so conclusion is simple ,,,
on osi oath is pvp not pvm lol
we might have to work that one out to remove the correct ammount of money and receive the insurance money too

So, the bug is: dieing by Blood Oath should be considered as a PvP kill by caster, NOT a suicide.

This also begs another question: on OSI/here, if someone dies ENTIRELY from Blood Oath, can it count as a murder? Can one gain Justice if one kills a murderer with only it? Does one gain fame/modify karma from it?

Nottheking;580159 said:
This also begs another question: on OSI/here, if someone dies ENTIRELY from Blood Oath, can it count as a murder? Can one gain Justice if one kills a murderer with only it? Does one gain fame/modify karma from it?

osd_daedalus;580150 said:
So, the bug is: dieing by Blood Oath should be considered as a PvP kill by caster, NOT a suicide.

yes to all of 3 in OSI.
no to all of 3 in Demise.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

Nottheking;580159 said:
yes if i am bllue and cst oath on another blue it is suppose to be a criminal act and should be counted as a murder

Dexter-LoM;580230 said:
yes if i am bllue and cst oath on another blue it is suppose to be a criminal act and should be counted as a murder
Well, I already know that it's a criminal act, and counts as attacking them. The question on the effects of targetting someone with the spell were not what I was asking about. Rather, this thread is about the effects tied to the damage TAKEN by Blood Oath.

Dexter-LoM

Knight

Nottheking your question was and I quote "
This also begs another question: on OSI/here, if someone dies ENTIRELY from Blood Oath, can it count as a murder? Can one gain Justice if one kills a murderer with only it? Does one gain fame/modify karma from it?"

My answer was and I still quote "yes if i am bllue and cst oath on another blue it is suppose to be a criminal act and should be counted as a murder"

not sure if you just did a fly by but I beleive the answer to your question is right in the responce I gave you. As I tested it on Osi yesterday.

Now to answer your other question

YES
YES
YES

oath on osi is the same as if i had skills to kill someone

Pont

Knight

Thanks for the OSI test Dexter. Now we just need the code fix. :)

Sly-demise

Sorceror
[CODER NEEDED] Blood Oath damage display

When I cast Blood Oath on a person and that person hits me, I can only see the damage he does to me and not the one reflected back on to him. Is it supposed to be this way?

noothgrush

Sorceror
Re: [Possible bug]Blood Oath damage display

I believe I remember being able to see the damage on the opponent on OSI.

Re: [Possible bug]Blood Oath damage display

I believe it's related to this:
Killing a player by Blood Oath should be considered as a PvP kill, NOT as a suicide by the victim (http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118729)

since looks like here doing a bloodoath damage is not "I have done damage to you" but "I get damage myself because I have hit someone who casted BO on me".
I think, if RunUO recognize the BO damage as a damage from the caster to the cursed, damage will be displayed.

Pont

Knight
[VALIDATION NEEDED] Blood oath dmg (AKA nerf me 2) (Tracker)

How it works on Demise: Blood oath hits the attacker for the same amount of damage as the target.

OSI: Blood oaths damage is reduced according to the attackers resist spells using the following formula: ((Resisting Spells Skill x 10) / 20) + 10 = percentage of damage resisted.

Way To Experience: Make a naked char and go kill all the archers at Brit Gate, Fel by blood oathing them and get stacks of insurance money. :cool:

Documentations: http://www.uoguide.com/Blood_Oath

Code: None atm

Status
Not open for further replies.