UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 657] Darts & Shurikens: Shouldn't hit 100% with 50 Ninjitu skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilgamash

Knight
Tons of redundant code which I consolidated into a static NinjaWeapon class, and created the INinjaWeapon and INinjaAmmo interfaces.
And it is nice to see you also consider them weapons, though you could also have considered answering my post some days ago, whether I could go for that kind of reorganization. :)

Atb,
G.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Nah, not mad at you. Not a nice move, but its ok. Tbh, the most important thing for me here was to help players who were victims of others exploiting this, and to be honest again: If you coded it, too, having information I did not have (or was waiting for -- as you can see I asked several questions which remained unanswered), it is fine as the most important thing is that it will stop being a nerf. Agree?

However, in general I would like to have a felling of working together instead of being a burden, that is all :)

So in the eyes of working together: Your patch still seems to have two different timers for darts and shuriken -- should we chage that?

Best wishes,
G.

Nah, I didnt actually expect youd be mad at me, was just joking, hence the grin. Anyway, yeah. This was sitting in my half-done folder since before it even got put in coder needed (ie, i started this months ago and had to abandon it temp), and Ive not been following the thread.

Anyway, I dont get what you mean by two different timers. If you mean the two different animation sequences on each wep, it was a difference of like 6 or 7 interface properties, an interface propterty to return an ugly object[] array of data for it, or one interface method, so I made 1 method :D

If its not that animation sequence, then what do you mean?

gilgamash

Knight
Nah, I didnt actually expect youd be mad at me, was just joking, hence the grin. Anyway, yeah. This was sitting in my half-done folder since before it even got put in coder needed (ie, i started this months ago and had to abandon it temp), and Ive not been following the thread.

Anyway, I dont get what you mean by two different timers. If you mean the two different animation sequences on each wep, it was a difference of like 6 or 7 interface properties, an interface propterty to return an ugly object[] array of data for it, or one interface method, so I made 1 method :D

If its not that animation sequence, then what do you mean?

What I meant is that atm you can shoot a dart right after throwing a shuriken and vice versa, their swing delay timers are independent. According to some players, this is not as such on OSI: If you throw either of them, you have to wait some time (2.5 secs?) before throwing any of them again!

Best wishes,
G.

P.S.: Can you tell me where exactly the interface for the CheckSkill function is defined? In mobile.cs I just find the delegates... Somehow I would like to know a little more exactly, how successes are calculated. For instance check the Arms Lore thread/ patch I am currently working on. There those functions egt called called for reason imho...: http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...lore-resist-bonus-not-applied-to-hats.455063/

Xavier

Account Terminated
What I meant is that atm you can shoot a dart right after throwing a shuriken and vice versa, their swing delay timers are independent. According to some players, this is not as such on OSI: If you throw either of them, you have to wait some time (2.5 secs?) before throwing any of them again!

Best wishes,
G.

P.S.: Can you tell me where exactly the interface for the CheckSkill function is defined? In mobile.cs I just find the delegates... Somehow I would like to know a little more exactly, how successes are calculated. For instance check the Arms Lore thread/ patch I am currently working on. There those functions egt called called for reason imho...: http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/in-development-arms-lore-resist-bonus-not-applied-to-hats.455063/

Oh. There are no two separate timers anymore, then. I fixed that when i fixed the machine-gun exploit in these things in SVN 576 (no patch thread).

PS: Check Scripts/Engines/Craft directory, particularly the def*.cs files.

gilgamash

Knight
Hm, maybe I misinterpreted the specific Callbacks in Fukiya.cs (line 124) and LeatherNinjaBelt.cs (line 139). Thanks for the PS-hint, I will check that!

Laters,
G.

gilgamash

Knight
Hi Xavier,
the def*.cs files did not include anything concerning the CheckSkill-thing. As mentioned before, in Server/Mobile.cs there is for instance this function

Code:
public bool CheckSkill( SkillName skill, double chance )
{
   if( m_SkillCheckDirectLocationHandler == null )
     return false;
   else
     return m_SkillCheckDirectLocationHandler( this, skill, chance );
  }
and m_SkillCheckDirectLocationHandler(...) translates into

Code:
private static SkillCheckLocationHandler m_SkillCheckLocationHandler;
public static SkillCheckLocationHandler SkillCheckLocationHandler
{
  get { return m_SkillCheckLocationHandler; }
  set { m_SkillCheckLocationHandler = value; }
 }
finally referencing the delegate.

Code:
public delegate bool SkillCheckLocationHandler( Mobile from, SkillName skill, double minSkill, double maxSkill );
Now where to continue? Cannot really see where the delegation is...

And I have to admit I am a little suspicious when looking at this line
public static SkillCheckLocationHandler SkillCheckLocationHandler
in the second code part, where the variable
SkillCheckLocationHandler
occurs twice...

Thanks for help,
G.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Hm, maybe I misinterpreted the specific Callbacks in Fukiya.cs (line 124) and LeatherNinjaBelt.cs (line 139). Thanks for the PS-hint, I will check that!

Laters,
G.

But the value its using to block weapon use is stored on the player, and theres only one :D

edited... Yeah, and I misunderstood you at 4am and exhausted.

What you are looking for is Scripts/Misc/SkillCheck.cs

PPS, we're getting offtopic here. PM me if you need anymore help with that.

Xavier

Account Terminated
Id add it, but I dont really see any clarification about whether its just shuriken or dart and shuriken. That thread is rather confusing.

Id add it, but I dont really see any clarification about whether its just shuriken or dart and shuriken. That thread is rather confusing.

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Evil Omen + DP Shiruken

Info needed:
1) Is the evil omen really an "exception"? (read question 3)
2) Only shurikens, what about darts?
3) Poison level change according to the magic resist skill (resisting spells)?

Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Evil Omen + DP Shiruken

-evil omen is the exception, yes.
-darts are supposed to work the same way as shurikens. The only difference is in the distance you can use them.
-I don't think it checks resist spell for the poison since it is being delivered by physical means.

also darts :)

Not clear the distance fact but I think it is referring to the distance to use a fukiya dart, not about distance to let poison be bumped up under evil omen effect.

Xavier

Account Terminated
okie, its added. I had to add a method to the spell too, to check for effect.

Attachments

• NinjaWeapons-update-6.patch
    40.8 KB · Views: 6

Xavier

Account Terminated
bumped. re-uploaded the patch file. Cleanup of the code, and fix problem with evilomen i caused because the naming of the methods confused me as to that spells behavior.

Note. Requires SVN647 core build for new generic methods.

Fandul

Knight
Darts:

50 ninja vs 0 wrestle 0 DCI, missed 2 out of 10
50 ninja vs 120 wrestle 0 DCI, missed 8 out of 10
50 ninja vs 120 wrestle 45 DCI, missed 9 out of 10
50 ninja vs 120 parry 0 DCI, missed 2 out of 10
50 ninja vs 0 parry 45 DCI, missed 6 out of 10

cant test with 120 ninja because I cant set my ninjitsu to 120 :<

Pont

Knight
Anyone test if deathstrike works with darts/shurikens on OSI? I don't expect it would, just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.