UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 662] Adding Salvage Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [TESTING-TC] Adding Salvage Bags

Just one minor detail. Can't Gloves of Mining can give you 101/103/105 Skill? And if so, would this affect the ingot returns?

(I know this is being really perfectionist, but hell - Phoenix Smasher7 looks like he is up to the job... :))

FE

Re: [TESTING-TC] Adding Salvage Bags

Feersum Endjinn;624479 said:
Just one minor detail. Can't Gloves of Mining can give you 101/103/105 Skill? And if so, would this affect the ingot returns?

(I know this is being really perfectionist, but hell - Phoenix Smasher7 looks like he is up to the job... :))

FE

Heh.Yeah I'm perfectionist ( at least thats what I try to do :p ).Though they may give you bonus but if your mining is greater than 100 it will still be counted as 100.So it would a give 18 ingots for a chainmail tunic if you had 120 mining and + 5 mining gloves.And If you were working on blacksmithing you would be consuming a lot less ingots.
Oh on a side note call me ps7 :) ( wish i could just change it to something better now :( )

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Adding Salvage Bags

MalGanis;623647 said:
Actually i think the base is 2 ingots (doesn't matter if its crafted or not).
If i buy chain tunic off a vendor, i always get 2 ingots regardless of my mining skill.
Now if its crafted, the amount of ingots scale with mining skill:
I.P.Knightly;601161 said:
Yes they are you may purchase 1 from a provisioner for 1255gp
Tested on BAD tc using an elf.

Bugs:
  • I'm getting 1 ingot from crafted chain tunics regardless of mining skill.
  • The salvage bag costs 1225gp I.P says in an earlier post the cost is 1255gp.
  • salvaged bandages dont go to the top level of the pack they remain in the slavage bag.
  • Converted bone piles don't go to the top level of the pack they remain in the salvage bag.

Notes:(unsure of how it is on osi)
  • Salvage bags cannot be insured.
  • Items in a container inside the salvage bag will not be salvaged.
  • Salvage bags cannot be pigmented.
  • Salvage bags can be dyed with special,black and normal dye tubs.
  • Coloured ingots can only be salvaged if you have the correct amount of mining skill. Any ingots you don't have sufficiant skill for are lost during the salvage process, should the items remain unsmelted in the bag?

Seems ok:
  • Need appropriate tools to salvage and must be near a forge.
  • Tinkered metal items cannot be salvaged.
  • Wooden items cannot be slavaged.
  • Cloth left in the slavage bag will be turned into bandages on a second recyclye.
  • Recycling by normal means seems unaffected.
  • Salvage bags connot be blessed using a cbd.
  • Bought chain tunics are returing 2 ingots regardless of skill.
  • Bone piles, cloth bolts, hides are cut into the correct resource using the salvage bag.(see link below)

Interesting reading:
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=904539
http://boards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=66112

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;639701 said:
  • I.P says in an earlier post the cost is 1255gp.

Today he still says the same thing.He did not say it was on Baja shard but he did make note in an earlier post that all his tests are done on Baja unless he says differently.

From the provisioner in Umbra still the same price as I stated before 1255gp

uome;639701 said:
Tested on BAD tc using an elf.

Bugs:
  • I'm getting 1 ingot from crafted chain tunics regardless of mining skill.
    Hmm.That's some bad bug.However I still don't know what caused it.It was working fine when I uploaded the last patch.I will make sure it's working in the next days.
  • The salvage bag costs 1225gp I.P says in an earlier post the cost is 1255gp.
    Oops.That should be typo.I'll fix it too.
  • salvaged bandages dont go to the top level of the pack they remain in the slavage bag.
    Hmm.I noticed it before but forgot to fix it.I'll include it too.
  • Converted bone piles don't go to the top level of the pack they remain in the salvage bag.
    Bone Piles? I didn't know that it could salvage bone armor too.However if that is the case I'll add it in.

Notes:(unsure of how it is on osi)
    Should be.Since there's no penalty for leaving things in salvage bag you can store your valuable stuff to make them semi-blessed.
    I'm not sure about that either.
    Well I think this one isn't an artifact while it is a powerful magic tool.
    If you can dye regular leather bags,then you should be able to dye this one too.
  • Coloured ingots can only be salvaged if you have the correct amount of mining skill. Any ingots you don't have sufficiant skill for are lost during the salvage process, should the items remain unsmelted in the bag?
    I'm not that sure about that either but if I don't remember it wrong they should be deleted.
I will update the file as soon as I recover my files from my old hard drives.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Adding Salvage Bags

Converted bone piles don't go to the top level of the pack they remain in the salvage bag.
Bone Piles? I didn't know that it could salvage bone armor too.However if that is the case I'll add it in.

No it can't salvage bone armour and shouldn't as far as i know but when you loot a pile of bones from a monster you use a pair of scissors on them to cut them into useable bones for tailoring with, basically the bag should act as a pair of scissors for some unexpected items.
I'm sure theres some info in some of those links below about the odd items that a salvage bag can cut up.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=904539
Other uses (no material lost):
Cloth becomes bandages
Bone piles become crafting bones
cloth bolts become cloth
leather hides (the big piles weighing 5 per leather) become cut leather

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Should be.Since there's no penalty for leaving things in salvage bag you can store your valuable stuff to make them semi-blessed.
You can not insure them

Yes they will and the containers stays the cloth/ingots go to the main pack

Well I think this one isn't an artifact while it is a powerful magic tool
No you can not use pigments

If you can dye regular leather bags,then you should be able to dye this one too.
They can be dyed with the above said items plus leather dye tub

If you do not have the skill the items stay in the bag
The items you use to smelt or cut can not be in the salvage bag for it to work or in another container it/they must be in your main pack

Sorry I forgot to add that I think the reason why tinkered items can not be salvaged had something to do with the following.
When the salvage bag came out people left there sewing kits and/or hammers in the salvage bag and those items (some runics) got salvaged into ingots.
This change was made shortly after the salvage bag was introduced.

Hmm...This is taking so long to try to recover my files.Silly me I should've backed up all my files to dvds instead of thinking my new mainboard would support all the drives I had.Nevertheless I started recreating all the files and will start development again soon.

Thanks for the update and I will be including these changes as I progress.

Well I'm finally back on my feet now.So I've been doing some fixing.However this sounded a bit strange.I know that if you put all your material to A bag and craft something,crafted item will be in A bag not top of backpack.This increases the handiness of salvage bag.But in current runuo we don't have that feature.Anyone on this?

Also current resmelting will pay you back half of the material.No matter your mining skill is.But with salvage bag it will be scaled.Is it like that in OSI too?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phoenix_Smasher7;658139 said:

Well I'm finally back on my feet now.So I've been doing some fixing.However this sounded a bit strange.I know that if you put all your material to A bag and craft something,crafted item will be in A bag not top of backpack.This increases the handiness of salvage bag.But in current runuo we don't have that feature.Anyone on this?

Also current resmelting will pay you back half of the material.No matter your mining skill is.But with salvage bag it will be scaled.Is it like that in OSI too?

It is as I reported.If you put cloth and metal armor or a weapon(s) in a container and put that container in the salvage bag and go on with the salvaging part the ingots and bandages will go to the main pack the container remains in the salvage bag.

As for the smelting question on ingot return yes it is as OSI

No I think I didn't made my point clear.
As far as I'm aware if you put all your materials in a container including tools,and craft something,crafted item will be put in the same container as the materials and the tool is in.
This way you can put materials to create 110 items in salvage bag and then when crafting complete you smelt them all in a go without any carry from this to that hassle.So far in current RunUO version we don't have this feature.Crafted items are always put to top of the backpack.Which isn't correct.I'm wandering if anyone is on this to fix it.

Bugs are cleaned except one.Chainmail tunic always gives 1 ingot.There isn't even one reference to it.I really don't know what causes this.I'll hold on to it until I can find a fix for it.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phoenix_Smasher7;658370 said:
No I think I didn't made my point clear.
As far as I'm aware if you put all your materials in a container including tools,and craft something,crafted item will be put in the same container as the materials and the tool is in.
This way you can put materials to create 110 items in salvage bag and then when crafting complete you smelt them all in a go without any carry from this to that hassle.So far in current RunUO version we don't have this feature.Crafted items are always put to top of the backpack.Which isn't correct.I'm wandering if anyone is on this to fix it.

Bugs are cleaned except one.Chainmail tunic always gives 1 ingot.There isn't even one reference to it.I really don't know what causes this.I'll hold on to it until I can find a fix for it.

Alright I misunderstood you.

On OSI if you put your materials and your crafting tools in a container and put that container in the salvage bag the crafted items remain in the first container.This makes the salvage bag more useful as you stated.

As far as the salvage bag being used to smelt is there not a +1 bonus ingot for using the salvage bag?
Also is there not a formula for the return/recycling of ingots based on your mining skill?

For OSD because you can change things on uoguide would you please change the price listed there to match OSI/( and soon )Demise

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Phoenix_Smasher7;624089 said:
:) )
No ingot bonus over 100 mining.

So that's all i guess.

Feersum Endjinn;624479 said:

FE

I think this is how it works on OSI
0.66% times your mining skill ( real or modified), rounded down (+1 if using a salvage bag)

osd_daedalus;659719 said:
Thank-you

Athena

Account Terminated

Setting this back to development until the items inside containers in the salvage bag part is fixed.

Alright finally I've managed to add the container checks along with fixing the pointed out bugs.For the chainmail issue however it's giving correct metal in SVN 483,for me at least.Extra testing on that may be required.

Anyway here's the file now Test Away! xD

Attachments

• Container[Salvage Bag]2.4.patch
    12.2 KB · Views: 17
Re: [TESTING-TC] [P.Smasher] Adding Salvage Bags

The Salvage Bag was added during Publish 48 on November 27, 2007. It is a comprehensive recycling system that will help players turn finished products back into raw materials such as Ingots, Cloth and Leather. The bag can be purchased from a Provisioner for 1,225 gold.

Via the link in the first page.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING-TC] [P.Smasher] Adding Salvage Bags

Tested on Demise tc:
Everything seems to be ok with this appart from the ingot recovery.

What is wrong is that bought/looted items always give back 2 ingots regardless of your mining skill.
Crafted items(any smithed item) always return 1 ingot regardeless of mining skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.